Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court

Go down 
+4
Geyla Queen
Traveller
LadyFlo
candygirl
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Empty
PostSubject: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:25 pm

A Liberian citizen and holder of the United States of America Green Card is on trial in Monrovia for theft of property.

Lorenzo N. Barr, 37 is on trial at the Monrovia City Court on allegation of stealing US$ 24,621.60 from a local corporation, Lorenza Inc.

Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Ll11

Lorenzo N. Barr
According to a writ of arrest, the accused while serving as Chief Executive Officer of Lorenza Inc received the US$ 24,621.60 between August, 2008 up to November, 2008 and criminally out of deception converted the money into his personal use.

The alleged action by the defendant, the writ said is unlawful criminal, illegal and a violation of section 15.51 of the New Penal of Liberia.

Clandestine theft alleged

Lorenzo N. Barr, before allegedly committing the theft clandestinely prepared a document in which he claimed that all the shareholders of Lorenza Inc. have given him the right to singlehandedly transact all financial documents on behalf of the corporation.

The fictitious document giving him power of authority was only signed by Mr. Lorenzo Barr leaving out the remaining two shareholders, a dubious document he used to transfer a payment of US$ 9721.60 paid by the Ministry of State to the corporation into his personal account.

The accused was taken to court after he attempted absconding Liberia for the United States of America, where he resided prior to returning to Liberia.

Represented by Cllr. Theolphilus Gould, Lorenzo Barr was ordred detained by Stipendiary Magistrate Nelson B. Chineh but his legal counsel filed a bond for his temporary release from further dentition for the trial to progress.

During court appearance Wednesday, the validity of the bond was rejected by the court and he has been given 72 hours which ends Monday December 8, to file another bond.

Doubts over Barr's work claim

Lorenzo Barr before coming to Liberia nearly two years ago lived in Atlanta Georgia, where he is said to have worked as a Mortgage Banker with Landmark Mortgage Corporation.

Rep. Alomiza Ennos Barr, District 1, Montserrado County, Congress for Democratic Change
According to an investigation by FPA, some Liberians who resided in same state as Lorenzo Barr, suggested that Barr was not a Mortgage Banker and even returned to Liberia because he could not afford to pay his mortgage fee in the United States.
Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Ol10

A close friend to Lorenzo, who preferred anonymity for this report, told a reporter after Wednesday Court hearings that his friend was finding life very difficult in America and had no alternative but to come to Liberia.

Lorenzo Inc is 41% owned by Montserrado District 1 Representative Alominza Ennos Barr; 45% by Lorenzo Barr and 10% by Alniza S. Oseili.

In brief interview with FPA, the compliant in the case Congress for Democratic Change Alomiza Ennos Barr said she paid for the air ticket of Mr. Lorenzo Barr to return from the United States after he was finding life unbearable there for the both of them to get marry.

According to her, Lorenzo came from the United States with nothing and since she was in the financial position as a lawmaker she decided to empower him by opening the corporation to have him doing something.

“Look when Lorenzo came, he brought nothing and after our wedding, he used to be behind me all at the Capitol building like body guard and some of my colleagues lawmaker used to ask me why can’t your husband stay at home, so I decided to empower him by opening that corporation, but not known I was doing something wrong”, the lawmaker lamented.

Barr points to relationship squabbles

Also represented in court by Criminal Lawmaker Cllr. Marcus Jones, the lawmaker said she will pursue the case to the letter because portion of the money allegedly stolen by Lorenzo was part payment of a contract awarded the corporation by the Ministry of State for Presidential Affairs to fence the Du Port Road Cemetery in Paynesville and stated that the project has not even commenced.

She said with the Liberian government now fighting corruption, if Lorezno succeeds in leaving Liberia with the money and the project is not implemented, the public could view it as a ploy designed by the two to defraud government.

When contacted, Lorenzo Barr prefer commenting on the social relationship that existed between him and Madam Alomiza Barr explaining how his wife was not committed to the relationship rather than speaking on the theft of property and forgery allegation.Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court A Liberian citizen and holder of the United States of America Green Card is on trial in Monrovia for theft of property

[center]
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:00 am

well the 419 people them plenty here... since the housing crisis here have closed their chopping plenty went back home.. who knows what others are up to self...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:02 am

the whole thing full my mouth
the idea she took her man to court is just too funny.. adn to be explaining all that to the world th_no
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 am

candygirl wrote:
the idea she took her man to court is just too funny.. adn to be explaining all that to the world th_no

well that says it really wasnt a match made in heaven... and maybe they both money mongers and like the cash more than their marriage... what a shame..
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 am

oh ur day that friday ehn i gotta.. ops forgot i in post. going to pm.. lol
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:08 am

da wetin youw anted to talk? th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:08 am

the way the woman taller than the guy self th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am

candygirl wrote:

th_shhh dat th_fluester
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am

lol.. he looking sorriful in the pic
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:34 am

LadyFlo wrote:
candygirl wrote:

th_shhh dat th_fluester

th_boogie th_boogie th_boogie
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 am

LadyFlo wrote:
lol.. he looking sorriful in the pic

hahaha.. i tellign you oh.. da his Mug shot when they were putting him in jail
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 am

She jeh scare to loose her position as a lawmaker.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:52 am

candygirl wrote:

My dear business and pleasure da two different thing oh. When it comes to money business...I don't play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 4:51 am

LadyFlo wrote:
candygirl wrote:

well that says it really wasnt a match made in heaven... and maybe they both money mongers and like the cash more than their marriage... what a shame..

True..

but Candy, what wrong with her being taller than him?
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:34 pm

I figure out that dis marraige was not meant to be ......... If it was real she would'nt have disgrace her husband for money biziness ...... She got marry to just come from America - dis 419 not only done by Nigerians o.......... Liberians men who on handsome boy spree in US and all na jump inside.
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:34 pm

I figure out that dis marraige was not meant to be ......... If it was real she would'nt have disgrace her husband for money biziness ...... She got marry to just come from America - dis 419 not only done by Nigerians o.......... Liberians men who on handsome boy spree in US and all na jump inside.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:38 pm

i would sue his ass...why would he jump in the woman money bisness like that so? gone are the days when marriage stopped women from fighting for their rights in court. i would sue his ass twice. ehn he business manager? i can imagine what he did with that money in monrovia. supporting his pleasure instead of improving bisness. Rolling Eyes while she on the road, he relaxing at royal hotel or PA rib house with his owna 'love'. i would sue him. if he loved and respected me, he would lie about power of attorney, which facilitated his alleged theft. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:44 pm

alo sef gah muff o! she was making a speech one day...after talking nonsense for 30 mins she stopped and asked us: ehn yor enjoying me ehn? i know yr enjoyign me because everything i talking here appealing to the topic. my laffin fini but i like her. vocal, young and could do wonders if she sat for three months to focus on her 'power within'. let her sue him mehn lol!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:09 pm

krazzy wrote:
i would sue his ass...why would he jump in the woman money bisness like that so? gone are the days when marriage stopped women from fighting for their rights in court. i would sue his ass twice. ehn he business manager? i can imagine what he did with that money in monrovia. supporting his pleasure instead of improving bisness. Rolling Eyes while she on the road, he relaxing at royal hotel or PA rib house with his owna 'love'. i would sue him. if he loved and respected me, he would lie about power of attorney, which facilitated his alleged theft. Twisted Evil

when put that way, you do have a point there... i agree.. but aye... th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 pm

krazzy wrote:
alo sef gah muff o! she was making a speech one day...after talking nonsense for 30 mins she stopped and asked us: ehn yor enjoying me ehn? i know yr enjoyign me because everything i talking here appealing to the topic. my laffin fini but i like her. vocal, young and could do wonders if she sat for three months to focus on her 'power within'. let her sue him mehn lol!

i like her too. she has a nice personality.... i remember her giving hot cheek once to one guy when all of us were in LU... i was a freshman then, and said " yeah.... das how woman mouth supposed to be sharp" th_yes-1 th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 pm

but ma..da who will steal 24K from me in this difficult liberia and i will say...with love all things are possible? maybe my chayren...dats why i train them not to take without asking. doc...if he does it, he will see my trobo. i do not like rogues!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:31 pm

krazzy wrote:
but ma..da who will steal 24K from me in this difficult liberia and i will say...with love all things are possible? maybe my chayren...dats why i train them not to take without asking. doc...if he does it, he will see my trobo. i do not like rogues!

its easy to say Krazzy... but in most cases, hard to do....all the more reason i guess to admire her for sueing him, huh?
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:38 pm

so all the stuff in the garage ehn...mr.candy takes them to his lala house because she building and want move for christmas. wht u will do? cry and leave it? i will take that other love matter to COURT. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:06 pm

krazzy wrote:
so all the stuff in the garage ehn...mr.candy takes them to his lala house because she building and want move for christmas. wht u will do? cry and leave it? i will take that other love matter to COURT. Laughing

haha dat one Mr candy will be in hospital from the swinging of a frying pan to his head... th_ROFLMAO lol! ... then he will be summons to family court....
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:30 pm

ehn u c, flo? what kinda trobo with some of these liberian men so? and it looking like dey money was dedeeba money too? so the vexation na easy. he has to pay before he returns to the ATL to do his mortgage banking Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court   Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court Empty

Back to top Go down

Montserrado Lawmaker takes Husband to Court
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next