Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

does this make sense?? why do they always do this???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? Empty
PostSubject: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:21 pm

i mean, there is a coup in a country.. or whatever.. political diffeences with the leaders of that country.. why do big/developed countries hold off promised AID monies to these countries?... saying they stiffling the governemnts.....
who actually feels the pinch of the sanction and the withholding of these AIDS? the prisident and his ministers or the Ordinary people??

been following the story with Mautitinia.

The United States has suspended more than $20m (£40m) in non-humanitarian aid to Mauritania after a coup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7548866.stm
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:46 pm

because they be making a promise they know they can't keep...I don't know....plus there is so much red tape to go through for simple things.

Just look how they handle hurricane Katrina and this was right here in the USA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:47 pm

people suffering and dying, then you say you wont give them AID cuz you differ in with their local Politics?

do you hear anyone talking fwehn when American differ with this and that??

sad.....
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:55 pm

candygirl wrote:
people suffering and dying, then you say you wont give them AID cuz you differ in with their local Politics?

sad.....

very sad oh, but it's ALL POLITICS....and the US don't do things for nothing. That's just the way it is...and the people suffer in the end. : smile_sad

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

sad.....

very said oh, but it's ALL POLITICS....and the US don't do things for nothing. That's just the way it is...and the people suffer in the end. : smile_sad

Does this apply even when its happening in their own backyard? i mean the Katrina thing was in the US now.. they need to come up with anew way of doing their politics
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:34 pm

LadyFlo wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

sad.....

very said oh, but it's ALL POLITICS....and the US don't do things for nothing. That's just the way it is...and the people suffer in the end. : smile_sad

Does this apply even when its happening in their own backyard? i mean the Katrina thing was in the US now.. they need to come up with anew way of doing their politics

yep, da was mostly black people down there that didn't have any means to leave....and they knew that...they had the damn buses...but didn't used it....so this was polical and racial. It was a site to see....I still can't believe that this happen right here...that just goes to show that the US is not prepare for any big disaster.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:42 pm

It is a waste of time to expect America to help out of the kindness of their hearts. It's never been the case. Many of us in Africa need to build our own countries up and STOP depending on aid. All the 'woe is me' mentality is holding us back. Aid is just a handicap. If we had all our countries organized correctly Mauritania could look to us for help. America will help whoever they want to help. I'm not mad at them. We should expect this behavior from them. Not to mention the red tape.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:48 pm

DSP wrote:
It is a waste of time to expect America to help out of the kindness of their hearts. It's never been the case. Many of us in Africa need to build our own countries up and STOP depending on aid. All the 'woe is me' mentality is holding us back. Aid is just a handicap. If we had all our countries organized correctly Mauritania could look to us for help. America will help whoever they want to help. I'm not mad at them. We should expect this behavior from them. Not to mention the red tape.

th_goodpost , and why dos everybody look to the US for help? The US is not obligated to do anything for any country....and if they do, you better believe it's going to be at a cost....this is like selling your soul to the devil.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 pm

agreed with all your say. but dont give AID if its gonna be conditional in the first place. give it cuz you want to help
Back to top Go down
singbe67

singbe67

Male
Number of posts : 201
Say Whatever : Life is a State of Mind
My Mood : does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

I think donors should just give waht they have if they can and stop attaching very long strings. The people should not suffer on account of their government's attitude, then they will be doing double suffering.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:25 pm

singbe67 wrote:
I think donors should just give waht they have if they can and stop attaching very long strings. The people should not suffer on account of their government's attitude, then they will be doing double suffering.

It's all a game, aid, politics, the coup...

the people suffer regardless, unless enough people care to show the people a better way.

This video says it all.
God willing, this will be Mauritainia's future as well as the rest of Africa.. WITHOUT AID

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does this make sense?? why do they always do this???   does this make sense?? why do they always do this??? Empty

Back to top Go down

does this make sense?? why do they always do this???
Page 1 of 1