Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????

Go down 
+3
LadyFlo
krazzy
Josie
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? Empty
PostSubject: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:27 pm

She performed well at the Passport Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs th_yes I replaced my missing passport in two days and travelled the next but damn........ you would have put your hands to your ears when she came out of her office to address workers concerning passports stolen and sold to foreigners. Am against that though but the manner of approach was Embarassed . And then the National Port Authority now Clearing of the streets......... Isn't it right to give a deadline even if it's 24 hours?????. What are your view(s)?
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm

josie, if this woman is like jesus turning water to wine...one advice...she should not drink it. even in working miracles, u have to respect people's dignity. poverty is not a choice!

let miracle working mary go to the anti-corruption commission...we will be happy!
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 6:31 pm

I like dat K, poverty is no choice
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:30 am

i think there are one or two other folks on the right path in cleaning things up administratively....
and i agree her verbal adn physical explosion on folks aint right... .
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:53 am

Hve you managed Liberians before? Have you noticed that they are like kids? They never pick up after themselves, they never flush the toilets, they pee on the seat, they leave dishes lying around, they eat what is not theirs in the fridge and they usually try to stay up all night and not in a hurry to get up in the morning...

Do you sometimes feel like shouting, do you sometimes shout and sometimes control yourself..

Well, I was a superintendent for my family's rubber plantation of more than 6000 acres on Robertsfield highway, and I tried everything to stop stealing, to encourage correct reporting, diligence, etc...

I did all that and production did not increase until I started to get really mad everyday. I stopped talking to them on a friendly basis, I stopped laughing with their wives and kids, I started to command them and push them and use impromptu visits in their task to check on them. The most important tool I used to also check them was a hydrometer which checks the water content in latex. Once that started and they knew they could not pour water and get away with it, plus much more, they all came around...

I feel Mary Broh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:58 am

you an dmary broh would make a gud team...your first tasks...armed robbery and corruption. the world bank already gave the cleaning up contract to companies that may not be working well...maybe yor can ask them small questions then head on to the tasks. i am sure by march ending..all will be well..like the rubber farm. lol!
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 am

Why are we so quick to disrepect our own people? EVERYONE knows Broh's behavior would not have been tolerated in another country. If I decide to day as a "concerned citizen" to walk down Connecticut avenue in DC and start burning the stalls of sidewalk sellers (many of who do NOT have permits to be there), I would be thrown in jail for assault, property damage, trespassing, and any number of other charges. The Mayor of DC does not spent his time running around the city acting like a jack-booted thug! So why is it that we are so ready to declare that our own Liberian peoiple are somehow sub-human and therefore deserving of such inhumane and disrespectful treatment? Is it because sub-consciously we STILL do not recognize the humanity of the poor? No amount of justification can make Broh's action right. If we use this yardstick that Liberians need peculiar forms of treatment, then we should start with the highest echelons of power. Let some concerned citizens walk into the presidents office and beat her arze for selling a NATIONAL TREASURE otherwise known as "Kendejah" to a damn profiteer! Concerned citizens should march to the Temple of Justice and physically drag Johnny Lewis out of his office for wiping his feet all over the Liberian constitution time and time again....not to mention for being a damn worthless drunk! There are so many things that concerned citizens can do but it seems only some of us get to be "concerned citizens" these days.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:32 am

Gadyu have u ever heard the saying.. there's lot of ways to skin a cat?

Mary aint got to abuse folks human rights to get her job done....
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 am

most liberians ascribe to a paternalistic paradigm. it is the poor people they use for guinea pigs. ellen has not said a word (publicly) about all these things you mention. they see liberian citizens as people who MUST be treated as children or people working on their farms and not as people who have rights and dignity. if da woman was going to act like that even in the small US village i lived in, she would have been committed to an asylum.

forget about passports and npa...remember respect and rights!

tanq T. smile_approve

Traveller wrote:
Why are we so quick to disrepect our own people? EVERYONE knows Broh's behavior would not have been tolerated in another country. If I decide to day as a "concerned citizen" to walk down Connecticut avenue in DC and start burning the stalls of sidewalk sellers (many of who do NOT have permits to be there), I would be thrown in jail for assault, property damage, trespassing, and any number of other charges. The Mayor of DC does not spent his time running around the city acting like a jack-booted thug! So why is it that we are so ready to declare that our own Liberian peoiple are somehow sub-human and therefore deserving of such inhumane and disrespectful treatment? Is it because sub-consciously we STILL do not recognize the humanity of the poor? No amount of justification can make Broh's action right. If we use this yardstick that Liberians need peculiar forms of treatment, then we should start with the highest echelons of power. Let some concerned citizens walk into the presidents office and beat her arze for selling a NATIONAL TREASURE otherwise known as "Kendejah" to a damn profiteer! Concerned citizens should march to the Temple of Justice and physically drag Johnny Lewis out of his office for wiping his feet all over the Liberian constitution time and time again....not to mention for being a damn worthless drunk! There are so many things that concerned citizens can do but it seems only some of us get to be "concerned citizens" these days.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 am

I guess we have to accept that as a society, Liberia is still very much desensitized to violence and ill-regard for human dignity. The average 50 year old in Liberia today knows nothing else from his/her lifetime other than this. He/she saw it under Tolbert, Doe, Taylor, and now they are seeing it again. Its going to take a younger generation of social leaders to break this destructive cycle.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:11 am

PROBLEM SOLVING in ducor
when someone speaks against the government, u mix urine and faeces and let them drink dry- i read that...when someone steals government money, you put them on the light pole and whisa tem..i remember that. when people want to make an honest living and u want to clean the city for the international colloquium, u burn the stalls down and the city become immaculate
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:14 am

Well, y'all go ahead. I guess Mary Broh may be using an outdated mode of dealing with people in general. It may be successful, but so is amputation in some cases of diabetes, it is painful and depressing.

Your have a good day sociologists, human rights activists and feminists... th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 am

okay, farmer...go beat those a&*es so the monthly profit can go up th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 am

Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? 10670.photo
Mary Broh Can't Be Everywhere

Published: 28 February, 2008
For sometime now many people have spoken of a Liberian who has tried to make a difference when it comes to changing minds and attitudes. One thing is clear though, such people are not likeable in circles that refuse to change for the better. I had an opportunity to put Madam Mary Broh to a little test when I applied for passports for my grandchildren at the Foreign Ministry. When I got to the Passport Section, this lady was on her feet most of the time, making sure that people understood the new procedure for acquiring a passport. During my few visits at the Foreign Ministry, no one � I mean absolutely no one � asked for a penny to do anything for me. I pinched myself to confirm that I was still in Liberia. I was given an appointment for an interview at 8:30am. I said to myself, �but government workers do not report to work on time,� wondering if the workers at the Foreign Ministry would actually keep their appointment.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:20 am

Broh Breaks Loose

A. Abbas Dulleh
Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? Broh_1 Mary Broh pointing fingers at angry marketers
Against Angry, Dispossessed Marketers

Even before being confirmed, the City Major designate of Monrovia, Ms. Mary Broh, has descended on makeshift markets, burning them down and ordering stores to shut down.

Accompanied by uniformed women recruits, Ms. Broh, technically still a Deputy Managing Director at the Free Port of Monrovia, Monday stormed the sprawling Waterside Market, where she exchanged insults and allegations with angry market women.

With a combined force from the Liberia National Police and City Police, the newly appointed city major partly blamed the dilapidated nature of waterside on storeowners, most of them Lebanese and Fula businessmen.

“Storeowners are also responsible for this garbage. So they need to do their part,” Mayor designate Broh, said pointing her fingers in the face of a Lebanese man at close range.

“They don’t do that. They also bring garbage from all their stores and bring it out” Ms. Broh said.

But the Lebanese businessmen claimed they are not responsible to clean street:

“What we are required to do is to pay for the garbage to be thrown and we’ve done this on a daily basis,” one of the Lebanese businessmen told the New Democrat Monday during the demolition exercise.

A Fula businessman operating one of the largest store in Waterside blames the Monrovia City Corporation for the problem questioning the fees they collect for the garbage disposal.

“My brother, you see we pay money every day for the dirt to gob but the City Hall has been eating our money. They do not throw the dirt away and we pay money everyday. For me, I will never pay money again they can tell us where the other has been going,” Sow said.

Even with such a claim from the Lebanese man Warning them to take When you open your store in the morning, the first thing you do is to clean the front.

But Ms. Broh’s newly recruited women vigilantes, chanting slogans and wearing T-Short with Inscriptions ‘Keep Monrovia Clean and Green,’ vowed to continue burning market stalls on a daily basis as long as the marketers continue to use keep Water Side dirty.

Truck owners contracted by the Monrovia City Corporation (MCC) were not also spared of the blame for keeping the City dirty.

“You see that garbage piled out there? I have to call the trucks to clean the garbage. They have a contract. I have to threaten they this morning. And they were here in 15 minutes with all their trucks “she said.

On the question of burst tanks resulting to feces rolling the streets Broh said, “we will try to call in Water and Sewer. We will sit with them and let them try to tell us what their plans are for the city in terms of drainage.”

She said her campaign will also clear the Happy Corner (prostitute corner) area in Waterside known to be harboring prostitutes.

Meanwhile, several marketers hauling insults at Ms. Broh’s team as they use slight hammers to dismantle their market tables
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:25 am

good work mary but did u have to be on your feet? learn to trust the people you work with...stop micro-managing to the point where you buy yr own kerosene, matches and hammers to clean the city for ellen..madam concerned citizen smile_approve now on to the ministry of state and the anti-corruption commission. your most strategic tool will be some rattans and pepper smile_approve Laughing
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 am

gadyu wrote:
...............On the question of burst tanks resulting to feces rolling the streets Broh said, “we will try to call in Water and Sewer. We will sit with them and let them try to tell us what their plans are for the city in terms of drainage.”..............

Hmmmmm. So with other government agencies and officials you will "try" to reason with thehm but with those damn poor, dirty, stinking dalits, your tactics will be different.

Nearly thirty years have passed since the military took over and our so called rulers still don't know their arms from their a**holes!
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 am

Yep, apples to oranges...
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:11 am

its a sad truth T but thats how things still are back home. maybe the common man need to exercise his "concern citizen" attitude too and do like u suggested.. i know he or she will be in salt bridge prison before they even reach foreign affairs building or justice ministry.

I just hope the young ones would be up to the task to start the change process.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:15 am

gadyu wrote:
Yep, apples to oranges...

hmm.. Gadyu why u so quick to back Mary Broh?
the end result doesn't always justify the means and ways used to accomplish it. Is the passport process still as smooth as it was... true change and reform should be measure by the fact that people can be held accountable for the faults and accomplishment, so i wont be all jumpy to praise Madam Broh just yet. She just might need so ethics and manner training like the one they send Police Directory on...lol
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:21 am

LadyFlo wrote:
...............maybe the common man need to exercise his "concern citizen" attitude too ..................

That already happened. It was called the Liberian Civil War.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:25 am

I think she meant well but the manner in which she is carrying out her order is dead wrong. I don't know how she will be confirmed after her action against votersssss...
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:26 am

krazzy wrote:
good work mary but did u have to be on your feet? learn to trust the people you work with...stop micro-managing to the point where you buy yr own kerosene, matches and hammers to clean the city for ellen..madam concerned citizen smile_approve now on to the ministry of state and the anti-corruption commission. your most strategic tool will be some rattans and pepper smile_approve Laughing

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:31 am

Traveller wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:
...............maybe the common man need to exercise his "concern citizen" attitude too ..................

That already happened. It was called the Liberian Civil War.

well the law need to start being applied for the good of ALL then and not those with influence and cash.
firstly, these folks are selling to make a living and although the side walk is not the appropiate place for that.. burning their tables in the streets aint the appropiate way to get them of it.

we really have a long way to go.......
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:51 am

I am not backing Mary, we are talking tactics and procedures. A change in Liberia is not only from the top. It has to happen across the spectrum. Until Liberian people can learn what a queue is, pay bills and taxes to the right people instead of under the table, go to court to demand justice, and do the right thing and demand the right result, only the Mary Brohs of Liberia will get things done....

That man at that table, that table that was burned is also at the atayah shop speaking big politics about how Liberian politicians cannot do anything right...

The same market women said, congau woman born rogue, native woman born soldier...these people all know how to push buttons, and they know what they do to is wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????   Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen?????????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Mary Broh the only one to make things Happen??????????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next