Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??

Go down 
+4
Geyla Queen
gadyu
Traveller
candygirl
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Empty
PostSubject: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm

any views?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:24 am

I've always been disgusted with Israeli politics. They learned nothing from the way they were treated as a people during WW II. After all theharsh persecution they suffered, they turn around and treat the Palestinians even worse. Gaza is nothing more than a concentration camp! The people who have to live in Gaza under Israel's oppressive hand have to stand by every day enduring terror and humiliation and people expect them not to fight backl? And look at the proportionality....they fight back with rocks and homemade rockets. Israel has jet fighters, tanks, a well-outfitted and funded intelligence machine AND they have nuclear weaponry. If I had my way, I'd force the Israelis to live in Gaza and the West Bank.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:09 am

Palestinians should get bigger rocks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 am

Thats why they spend their time making rockets....all the good good rocks have been thrown already.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:02 am

Traveller wrote:
Thats why they spend their time making rockets....all the good good rocks have been thrown already.

th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 am

I would love to hear some insightful views on the whole conflict...who's right ...who's wrong? I recently began reading the history of the conflict to get a better grasp of what is really going on.

It's one issue I have kinna stuck my head in the sand about until now.what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? 080422-112320 All the loss of innocent life really has me feeling convicted about my lack of knowledge of the dynamics of the whole affair.

Anybody checked out the film, "Body of Lies"? Mehnnnn it was really good, Leonardo DiCaprio and Russel Crow. That really opened my eyes Shocked and interest in the matter.

If you have Graboid, you can check it out there. It's free to download and you get 4000MB of viewing. Which is about 3-4 movies. Then you have to sign up for one of the packages if you want more. I have the Siver or 4.99 one which gives you 10,000 MB per month.

I'm not a Graboid rep...Just peeping ya on a cool (and legal smile_approve) means of watching movies on your computer. You can always rent the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:19 am

I think the Palestinian missed an opportunity for peace during Bill Clinton's time. Both Israel and the palestine have claim to their ancestral homeland. I hope the Israelis will slow down the attack if Hamas stop firing rockets into Israelis territory. The palestinian leaders have betrayed Hamas and other Palestinians in GAZA. It is like Gaza is not a Palestinian territory.

America under Bush didn't live up to it commitment of honouring democracy in the region when Hamas won Paliamentary election. It was a bad signal that the Bush regime sent to the parties in the region. I would have thought that the Bush administration would have seen Hamas a partner on the negotiation table ofter they won free and fair election.

Hope the Obama administration will be fair in dealing with both parties in bringing lasting peace to the region.

The two state solution is the best way forward and sharing Jerusalem will be something that i think the international community should began to sell to both parties.

"If Zionism is define as the right for a palestinian homeland along side with the state of Israel then i subscribe to it." Nelson Mandela...
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 am

So many proposals made and discarded. Mans will to have his will is phenomenal. scratch
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am

Hands down, Israel is wrong. The stgate was created in 1948 on land where people ALREADY lived. Those people were made into instant refugeesQ! The only reason the Palestininans havebeen unable ot reclaim their propoerties all these years is that Israel receives massive military support form the United States. Meanwhile they are free to continue oppressing the Palestinian people. In 1983, when Samuel K. Doe decided to re-establish diplomatic relations with Israel, HB Fahnbulleh did the principeld and moral thing by resigning his ministerial post in protest.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:52 pm

I think Israel has claim to the Middle East. whether it is where they are now or somewhere around there. I don't like the way they are treating the people in Gaza but the Palestinians will have to understand that time is not on their side. They and the Israelis will have to coexist bro. To many people are dying. i respect HB for his principle position he took and history will reward him for that.

The international community will not get Israel out of there cause they created an Israelis state with the hope that the Palestinians will accept their brothers and sisters.

The new secretary of State has an indept understanding of the conflict and i know with Obama direction will start from where Bill Clinton left off. The two state solution is the best way forward with settling the dispute over Jerusalem. Hope peace can come to that region in the not too distant future.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:13 pm

why does Hamas fire rockets from near schools and civilian populated areas???
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:18 pm

So I imagine if the Internat'l community got together and decided tomorrow that they were going to slice off a portion of Liberia and given it to some folks, you'd be fine with that. The basic problem with the Israeli state is that it was illegally created. That is why these have been UN resolution after resolution condemning the state. Palestinians simply have no other choice but to fight for what belongs to them. Now if your oppressor has tanks, sophisticated aircraft, radr systems, nuclear weapons, and long-range laser guided missiles, how else would you fight back? You'd adopt guerrila tactics and you probably fight from the shadows. As for this notion that Hamas and other militants fight from schoolyards, etc, pure Israeli bullshit designed to sway public opinion.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 am

It just seems a sad testament to mankind's lack of compasssion for mankind, anto its greater esteem for land and power than for life and to it's total lack of creativity in developing means of reconciliation that are devoid of violence and bloodshed...how primitive we remain.
Back to top Go down
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:26 am

What I don't understand is why the Israelis have not completed their misssion yet, I mean with all the powerful superpower weapons and all of it. Still fighting guys without airforce, ships, and satellite intelligence? I thought it would just be a matter of three days. What if those guys had what Israelis have in one day? I am just wondering aloud. what you think?
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Kpelleboy wrote:
What I don't understand is why the Israelis have not completed their misssion yet, I mean with all the powerful superpower weapons and all of it. Still fighting guys without airforce, ships, and satellite intelligence? I thought it would just be a matter of three days. What if those guys had what Israelis have in one day? I am just wondering aloud. what you think?

so you believe that they are delibrately prolonging the war??
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:11 pm

They aren't prolonging the war. They are simply refusing to understand and accept that they are fighting an entire people. They are not fighting an army. They are fighting against an ideal and those do not die easily. All the Israelis are doing is heaping more coals of condemnation onto their own heads.
Back to top Go down
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am

I am not saying Isreal is prolonging the world deliberately, Sweet Candygirl. But I am just so shocked at the ability of those guys (Hamas) to delay Israel military victory, which might be inevitable. All in all, I am just saddened by the bloodletting, especially for the kids, women, and the old people (and innocent folks) on both sides (israeli and palestine).

If I were rich, I would spend good portion of my wealth to ensure peace comes to both Israel and palestine--living side by side....

Maybe only God can sovle this conflict...only God, the arbiter of all events, can really handle the complexity of this conflict.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 am

Personally, I think there is a very simple solution to this situation. If Israel agrees to SHARE the land with Palestinians, integrate govenance, eradicate travel restrictions and restrictionson the right to return (for palestinian refugees), there would be no reason any longer for fighting. The Israelis believe the region is their God-given right and as long as they hold on to that, there will be no peace.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 pm

could this Isreal/Hamas/Gaza war be the beggining of the great war spoken of in the Bible???
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:02 am

My dear, the great war in the Bible started a LOOOOOOONG time ago. We are in it.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 am

i mean the end of the end as in the last days
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:28 am

no, ma... Laughing
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 am

hmmm.... i will show you some material i came across... by the way, i leaving work early tomo, will come to you before someone steals your issue.. been getting too many comments on it.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:35 am

chay! now i know we are not in the end days...yor leave this end time thing o!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:37 am

you scared of the end times??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??   what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war?? Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you all make of the Isreal/gaza war??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next