Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your make me shame

Go down 
+2
Traveller
Unique1
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Unique1

Female
Number of posts : 129
My Mood : Your make me shame Innocent
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:02 pm

..yes oo, your really make me shame in this village especially in this sub-forum. Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. No Me and my children sitting under the palava hut talking about Patient Ozowkwo...whatever, when we should be talking about Kamah, kebeh, and you name. Let me go wash my face..I coming back. th_no
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Unique1 wrote:
...............Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. ...................

Uh.......I think I agree with you but dey nakay terminology confusing me. : smile_tongue

Last edited by Traveller on Tue May 13, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Your make me shame Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Unique1 wrote:
..yes oo, your really make me shame in this village especially in this sub-forum. Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. No Me and my children sitting under the palava hut talking about Patient Ozowkwo...whatever, when we should be talking about Kamah, kebeh, and you name. Let me go wash my face..I coming back. th_no

who da scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Unique1

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:28 pm

..hmm, come carry me back to school, you know say I use to jump in school th_bs you aint address the issue da my puplicity you wan address :)

Traveller wrote:
Unique1 wrote:
...............Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. ...................

Uh.......I think I agree with you but dey nakay terminology confusing me. : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Sorry unique, I jeh pleenh wae yu. Seriously though, I agree with you regarding the lack of publicity for our arts and artists.
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Da me, and I wan redress or else I will riot Sad
Geyla Queen wrote:
Unique1 wrote:

who da scratch
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Your make me shame Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:10 am

Unique1 wrote:
Da me, and I wan redress or else I will riot Sad
Geyla Queen wrote:
Unique1 wrote:

who da scratch

i don't think anyone was disputing the status of liberian films but the issue being discussed was Nollywood and the lack of originality in most film nowadays. They put out a film title "Beyonce and Rihanna" and thats what led to this conversation.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:21 am

Unique1 wrote:
..yes oo, your really make me shame in this village especially in this sub-forum. (well you know what Unique1....da yor opinion) Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. No (huh? scratch well if our own Liberian movies lack entertainment..then tell me why I should watch it?) and (it Liberian movies lack PUBLICITY.. who fault is that? Is it the village fault?) it lack Me and my children sitting under the palava hut talking about Patient Ozowkwo...whatever, when we should be talking about Kamah, kebeh, and you name. Let me go wash my face..I coming back. th_no

1. Instead of attacking the village members for talking about Nigerian movies, you should come and educate us on our so called "Liberian movies" that are out there..since you happen to know and/or post the names of these movies along with the actors and actresses. This is a way to give our movies the PUBLICITY you feel it's lacking. I for one don't know of any, you can't just assume that people know Rolling Eyes . For the record Nollywood does have this movie business on lock even if most of the movies lack creativity and suck most of the time.

2. Every member of the village has the right to their movie selection....so if Patient Ozowkwo, Genevive Nnaji, Ramsey Noah are who they choose to talk about..you know what it's their choice.

3. This section is called "AFRICAN MOVIES", it is not limited to just Liberian movies.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:35 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
Unique1 wrote:
..yes oo, your really make me shame in this village especially in this sub-forum. (well you know what Unique1....da yor opinion) Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. No (huh? scratch well if our own Liberian movies lack entertainment..then tell me why I should watch it?) and (it Liberian movies lack publicity.. who fault is that? Is it the village fault?) it lack Me and my children sitting under the palava hut talking about Patient Ozowkwo...whatever, when we should be talking about Kamah, kebeh, and you name. Let me go wash my face..I coming back. th_no

1. Instead of attacking the village members for talking about Nigerian movies, you should come and educate us on our so called "Liberian movies" that are out there..since you happen to know and/or post the names of these movies along with the actors and actresses. This is a way to give our movies the publicity you feel it's lacking. I for one don't know of any, you can't just assume that people know Rolling Eyes . For the record Nollywood does have this movie business on lock even if most of the movies lack creativity and suck most of the time.

2. Every member of the village has the right to their movie selection....so if Patient Ozowkwo, Genevive Nnaji, Ramsey Noah are who they choose to talk about..you know what it's their choice.

3. This section is called "AFRICAN MOVIES", it is not limited to just Liberian movies.

th_goodpost GQ but lets chill a lil ok. I was gonna say the same think to Unique1 about him coming up with a solution to the point raised onLiberian films not having publicity. I added one Liberia movies i know about that has a lil class "Catwoman" and it was discussed.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:37 am

Now if you would please tell us those Liberian movies that we should be talking about and how to get it. th_waiting
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:47 am

LadyFlo wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
Unique1 wrote:
..yes oo, your really make me shame in this village especially in this sub-forum. (well you know what Unique1....da yor opinion) Yor come talk about Nigerian Movies when your own Liberian movies lack puplicity, entertainment etc. No (huh? scratch well if our own Liberian movies lack entertainment..then tell me why I should watch it?) and (it Liberian movies lack publicity.. who fault is that? Is it the village fault?) it lack Me and my children sitting under the palava hut talking about Patient Ozowkwo...whatever, when we should be talking about Kamah, kebeh, and you name. Let me go wash my face..I coming back. th_no

1. Instead of attacking the village members for talking about Nigerian movies, you should come and educate us on our so called "Liberian movies" that are out there..since you happen to know and/or post the names of these movies along with the actors and actresses. This is a way to give our movies the publicity you feel it's lacking. I for one don't know of any, you can't just assume that people know Rolling Eyes . For the record Nollywood does have this movie business on lock even if most of the movies lack creativity and suck most of the time.

th_goodpost GQ but lets chill a lil ok. I was gonna say the same think to Unique1 about him coming up with a solution to the point raised onLiberian films not having publicity. I added one Liberia movies i know about that has a lil class "Catwoman" and it was discussed.

That is my point and you in Liberia right? If people in Liberian don't know about these movies, how does Unique1 expect people who living abroad to know...it's not like we can go to blockbuster to fine it Rolling Eyes .

Also that is why we have the "AFRICAN MOVIE" section. These movies are usually word of mouth. This is a way for us to SHARE our opinion(s) and give reviews, so we can go out and support these movie.

I for one love to watch these movies, that why it has it's own section. It's a way that we can put "our" movies out there.
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Your make me shame Tolerant
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:49 am

LOL... How about Oldman Gondah - you know it came with a song that went something like this:

Kpor kpor kpor, who is dat? Dah me oldman Gondah. Hold you heart lemme tie my lappa, ah comin to open de doooooor.

Geyla Queen wrote:
Now if you would please tell us those Liberian movies that we should be talking about and how to get it. th_waiting
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:57 am

Geyla Queen wrote:

GQ it seems he really ticked u off ehn but pay him no attention pls.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:00 am

I heard of this, but this was WAY back in the day...I think I was in high school Laughing. I have always wanted to watch this, but been unable to locate it. If anybody knows how I can get a copy....PLEASE let me know.

Edina wrote:
LOL... How about Oldman Gondah - you know it came with a song that went something like this:

Kpor kpor kpor, who is dat? Dah me oldman Gondah. Hold you heart lemme tie my lappa, ah comin to open de doooooor.

Geyla Queen wrote:
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:05 am

It WAS very long ago, but that's all i can recall. Candy? Help us out here.

Geyla Queen wrote:
I heard of this, but this was WAY back in the day...I think I was in high school Laughing. I have always wanted to watch this, but been unable to locate it. If anybody knows how I can get a copy....PLEASE let me know.

Edina wrote:

Geyla Queen wrote:
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:12 am

LadyFlo wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:

Not really. This a just a debate over the lack publicity that out Liberian movies are getting according to Unique1. She feels the village should be talking about Liberian movies....so I'm waiting for her movie list. This will be her supporting argument.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:14 am

No oh Edina, Let Unique1 come and tell us smile_approve

Edina wrote:
It WAS very long ago, but that's all i can recall. Candy? Help us out here.

Geyla Queen wrote:

Edina wrote:

Geyla Queen wrote:
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:14 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:

Not really. This a just a debate over the lack publicity that out Liberian movies are getting according to Unique1. She feels the village should be talking about Liberian movies....so I'm waiting for her movie list. This will be her supporting argument.

ok I get u GQ th_cool
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:22 am

peace smile_approve
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:35 pm

LadyFlo you are sweet and peace to you too. One thing I know about many Liberians is that they never welcome critism....they take it to be judgement or even an attack...thus the slow development in Liberian society and business.
LadyFlo wrote:
peace smile_approve
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:50 pm

Somebody send me a link where I can buy come movies online please
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:49 am

Unique1 wrote:
LadyFlo you are sweet and peace to you too. One thing I know about many Liberians is that they never welcome critism....they take it to be judgement or even an attack...thus the slow development in Liberian society and business.
LadyFlo wrote:
peace smile_approve

thanks dear... i understand that point too.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:01 am

Edina wrote:

http://www.africamovies.com/ <--- to order

http://video.onlinenigeria.com/ <-- to watch the entire movie online smile_approve

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:14 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
Edina wrote:

http://video.onlinenigeria.com/ <-- to watch the entire movie online smile_approve

Thank dear for sharing... do they have other African movies on the http://video.onlinenigeria.com .. some like Ghanaian movies etc?
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:53 am

LadyFlo wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
Edina wrote:

Thank dear for sharing... do they have other African movies on the http://video.onlinenigeria.com .. some like Ghanaian movies etc?

don't know

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your make me shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your make me shame   Your make me shame Empty

Back to top Go down

Your make me shame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next