Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen

Go down 
+6
candygirl
LadyFlo
rberry
Traveller
krazzy
bellah
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 pm

candygirl wrote:
i think the rationale is that HIV positive peopel are more prone to illness thereby makign them weak and not readily always fro combat..

Yep, that too.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:03 pm

but da nah true o. maybe dey cannot give blood bt until they get AIDS, dey may be able to 'operate' like me who do not know my status th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:12 pm

so you saying that the knowledge that one has HIV makes them ill?
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:16 pm

no, ma. an hiv + person is not necessarily weak. they are more prone to opportunistic infections but with their drugs, they can move about like you and myself. when the HIV moves to AIDS, that is when they are very sick and may not be able to work.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:16 pm

krazzy wrote:
but da nah true o. maybe dey cannot give blood bt until they get AIDS, dey may be able to 'operate' like me who do not know my status th_ROFLMAO

That's why they do mandatory testing like every 2-3 months or so. They want to know your status and they want you to know your status. Funny thing is, military folks in the US are promiscuous like hell!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 pm

krazzy wrote:
no, ma. an hiv + person is not necessarily weak. they are more prone to opportunistic infections but with their drugs, they can move about like you and myself. when the HIV moves to AIDS, that is when they are very sick and may not be able to work.

but its inevitable that the virus moves from the HIV status to the AIDS with time, right??
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 pm

abt 40% of our staff (HIV coordinators) are living positively.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Traveller wrote:
krazzy wrote:

That's why they do mandatory testing like every 2-3 months or so. They want to know your status and they want you to know your status. Funny thing is, military folks in the US are promiscuous like hell!

why is that?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 pm

krazzy wrote:

Right and the militatry is trying to guard against those kinds of infections given the unique conditions of the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:20 pm

candy, yes. the arvs will slow down the movement. this means that, for some people, their productive years (working, having kids) shd not be wasted because of the perception that once u have hiv, it is time to close shop.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:21 pm

is it advisaable to even be having kids if you are HIV positive?? is it fair to the child?
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 pm

dis one da military talk...i dont know the 'unique conditions of the battlefield'. :)

Traveller wrote:
krazzy wrote:

Right and the militatry is trying to guard against those kinds of infections given the unique conditions of the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 pm

candygirl wrote:
Traveller wrote:
krazzy wrote:

why is that?

I'm not psychologist but I tihnk it has something to do with having very limited freedom. Americans juts don't do well with restrictions being placed on them.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 pm

:) :) candy ready o! if u make the choice, there are services that protect the child.

candygirl wrote:
is it advisaable to even be having kids if you are HIV positive?? is it fair to the child?
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 pm

you know back to the topic of women and combat, i spoke to a new recruit saturday and he was like they ahve only 2 collge grad females in the group right now.. that the women dont want to join and that the two self, they ahve to be jogging slow to help them... said they will never go into combat.. i was surprised and asked him why...
he said woen cant stand "pressure".. that in case they are captured.. they may be raped etc and that that alone will make them to reveal info that will compromise the psition of their troops... so only administrative work...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Traveller wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Traveller wrote:
krazzy wrote:

why is that?

I'm not psychologist but I tihnk it has something to do with having very limited freedom. Americans juts don't do well with restrictions being placed on them.

i see.... is that one of the reason why they say Divorce in the army high too??
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:25 pm

krazzy wrote:
dis one da military talk...i dont know the 'unique conditions of the battlefield'. :)

Things like injuries, open wounds, DIRT, limited access to good healthcare, etc. If you're stuck out ona long range patrol for weeks and end up getting trench foot while being HIV positive, it could be fatal in a short while.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 pm

candygirl wrote:

Dah wan dah jeh stress o!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 pm

krazzy wrote:
:) :) candy ready o! if u make the choice, there are services that protect the child.

candygirl wrote:

can the child be protected from getting the virus in the womb? i need to read more on this.. isnt that risky?? supposed the child is born HIV positive...? isnt that like makign a child doom for death upon birth?

dont get me wrong.. for me, i see AIDs as just another illness that is lifelong.. diabetes, sickle cell, etc.. its all about knowing and dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Traveller wrote:
candygirl wrote:

meaning...??
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 pm

i know...had to drop a group of them on the based that same talk. women are lazy. the ones who are there are too emotional and old. they shd be at home taking care of their kids. they do not do their exercise right and they are not smart (especially in drills). i gave them an abbreviated Women's Rights talk. wish there was some way to institutionalized this in the training.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 pm

candygirl wrote:
Traveller wrote:
candygirl wrote:

meaning...??

Military pressure and stress can be devastating. Having a spouse away for long deployments or even TDY can stress marriages. Also, solderis are really paid all that well so that's another source of stress. Finally, militsary orgs generally do a horrible job of paying attention to a soldier's psychological and emotional well-being. Their job is to cultivate killers -- not to develop one's emotional IQ.
Back to top Go down
Philomath

Philomath

Male
Number of posts : 306
Say Whatever : Hard work plus intelligent minus foolishness is equal to success.
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 pm

Political parties women in Liberia under the banner "Coalition of
Political Parties Women in Liberia" (COPPWIL) has launched what it
calls "Women Political Participation Assistance Fund" gears towards
funding women candidates in upcoming elections especially in 2011
general and presidential elections.

I wonder who will be their candidate for the 2011 elections.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/handsomemetzger
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

please give us some of that abbreviated women's right talk.. so we can learn.. ime i want know.. so my mouth can be sharp
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 pm

krazzy wrote:
.........wish there was some way to institutionalized this in the training.

Concerned and progressive folks should make these concerns known to minister samukai and his deputy minister warrick. I imagine warrick definitely would understand this because he served honorably in the US military for quite some time. He's a smart brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next