Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen

Go down 
+6
candygirl
LadyFlo
rberry
Traveller
krazzy
bellah
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:12 am

candygirl wrote:
oh.. some people like being : th_spanky

So you're saying I'm a glutton for punishment. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:15 am

no.. but now that you mention.. are you???
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 am

candygirl wrote:
no.. but now that you mention.. are you???

Dammit! You own pa.... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 am

do you? dont be shy.... : smile_tongue Laughing
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:59 am

Traveller wrote:
So Bellah where do YOU stand on women's rights?

Well i think women's right is human's right and it is fundamental to how we can be inclusive in building a better country. I respect women's right and will do eveything to protect it within the confines of the Law...
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:00 am

bellah wrote:
Traveller wrote:

Well i think women's right is human's right and it is fundamental to how we can be inclusive in building a better country. I respect women's right and will do eveything to protect it within the confines of the Law...

If it is not in the confines of the law, he will NOT DO IT.....if he can get away with it with a good lawyer, HE WILL.

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:14 am

gadyu wrote:
bellah wrote:
Traveller wrote:

If it is not in the confines of the law, he will NOT DO IT.....if he can get away with it with a good lawyer, HE WILL.

LOL

Your own pa you know how to add fuel to the fire. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Samukai is ready to bring new idea to the presidency and will like to take Liberia forward and not backward.........He plans to hold an all Liberian Conference to discuss the decadence issues facing Liberia..
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:54 pm

Bellah, do you think Samukai is even intested in the presidency?
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:01 am

I am just dumbing out names that i think could be the next President in Liberia. People who i believe can give Ellen a run for her money if she is greedy to contest in 2011...
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 8:10 am

bellah...samukai and this women's rights...how many women in the new army? th_popcorn my lungs lol!
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:59 pm

krazzy wrote:
bellah...samukai and this women's rights...how many women in the new army? th_popcorn my lungs lol!

KR, i learned that most of the women still don't want to join the army ohhhhhh, It is not Samukai's problem. All the women will have to do is apply and let see whether they will deny them. Dey say in Liberia, most of the women like the "Three Cs" meaning Car, Cell phone, and Cash instead of hussling.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 7:06 pm

da nah true o. ask someone who will tell u the truth. the army has requirements that most women do not meet. some people started talking abt affrimative action on this. dont know how far it went. that is why i asked abt your candidate :) dey men like the three Cs too. : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm

krazzy wrote:
.........the army has requirements that most women do not meet..........

What are those requirements? That really doesn't make sense? Why wuold you purposely exclude potential soldiers?
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 pm

requirments like high school diploma; the push was for potential female candidates (10th/11th grades) could join. another was to have a quota system- 30% compulsory female inclusion in the new army. that did not work out either.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Re the HS diploma, is the problem that many women do not have a diploma? How did so many men obtain the diploma? As for quota system, so they wanted the army to be at least 30% female? What did they do to actively recruit women into the ranks? Are there many female officers and NCOs right now? I also wonder how much American military culture may have rubbed off on the local authorities since Americans largely did the training.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Traveller wrote:

Re the HS diploma, is the problem that many women do not have a diploma? How did so many men obtain the diploma? More men have completed high school than women. retention and completion issues are sometimes directly related to WRs one...teenage pregnancy, lack of economic support, generally violence against girls in schools. remember the story of the school in bomi? additionally, by the time girls reach secondary school level here, they become targets (sexual) for teachers and the % of girls completing drop by 12th grade. last year, only one girl did the national exams in gbarpolu-the entire county.

As for quota system, so they wanted the army to be at least 30% female? What did they do to actively recruit women into the ranks? the min of gender got the message out abt recruitment; and provided logistics for women all over the country to get to monrovia. information campaigns were also conducted for women to understnad that the army was for everyone.

Are there many female officers and NCOs right now? yes, but not sure of percentage

I also wonder how much American military culture may have rubbed off on the local authorities since Americans largely did the training. not sure o, but the training is about 95% dyncorps. exclusively american.

Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:35 pm

krazzy wrote:
Traveller wrote:

.........last year, only one girl did the national exams in gbarpolu-the entire county.

.....................the training is about 95% dyncorps. exclusively american.

Only one girl??? Goodness! Re Dyncorp, I knew about that and given American attitudes towards women in the militayr (and specifically women in combat roles), I imagine someof that may have rubbed off. Now the defense minister was trained here by the US militayr and at least one deputy minister actually servced for at least a decade in the US military. I wonder what their take was.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 pm

yes o! i did not know that one abt the attitude towards women in the military. yep o...dey lor be telling them they are too lazy or they are dumbasses scratch
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:48 pm

krazzy wrote:
yes o! i did not know that one abt the attitude towards women in the military. yep o...dey lor be telling them they are too lazy or they are dumbasses scratch

Yes, over here women are allowed to serve but not to serve in combat capacities. They have similar attitudes about Gays serving but no one has REALLY challenged the "don't ask don't tell" law. When I was in the military, my belief was that if I'm in a foxhole or manning a position, I want to person next to me to know how to shoot. Period, end of story. Don't care about their gender or sexual preference.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 pm

smile_approve true dat. do they do mandatory HIV testing?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:54 pm

krazzy wrote:
smile_approve true dat. do they do mandatory HIV testing?

Yes. We had to do mandatory HIV testing and drug testing quite frequently. AND we were "encouraged" to give blood to the red cross frequently too.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 pm

dats wht they do here too. wonder why? if u r hiv +, u cannot join the army?
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:00 pm

i think the rationale is that HIV positive peopel are more prone to illness thereby makign them weak and not readily always fro combat..
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:00 pm

krazzy wrote:
dats wht they do here too. wonder why? if u r hiv +, u cannot join the army?

No, no. If you are HIV positive and another soldier is injured and needs a transfusion, the HIV positive soldier can't be used. I also think in the US there is a concern about providing long term care for a soldier who is terminal for all practical intents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen   J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

J. Brownie Samukai to succeed Ma Ellen
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next