Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers

Go down 
+2
candygirl
HB***
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HB***

HB***

Male
Number of posts : 262
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Lurking
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Empty
PostSubject: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:03 am

We've been reviewing Nijja movies and a common theme is that they copycat too much and need to be more original....Here is what I want the villag to do...lets come up with th eperfect original script developed right here in the village based on a Liberian story which can be set in the USA or Liberia or both settings....can we do it?...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 05, 2008 7:53 pm

WHO WILL BE THE DIRECTOR?? th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Sad

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 05, 2008 7:54 pm

WHERE WILL AUDITIONS TAKE PLACE?? : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Tolerant
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Candy, you want be inside?

candygirl wrote:
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:00 pm

th_yes-1 I buy the idea HB
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:39 pm

Edina wrote:
Candy, you want be inside?

candygirl wrote:

no oh.. i just want be there to be voking
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Lurking

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:31 am

I said let's develop a story first....than we can see if the story can be reasonably made into a movie....this will just be the story line...so who has a good idea of an original Liberian story....
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female
Number of posts : 129
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Innocent
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:40 pm

th_cool thanks for the thought....Ideas, com'n start rolling. Send out all the mess and we will sort them out, villagers th_yes
HB*** wrote:
I said let's develop a story first....than we can see if the story can be reasonably made into a movie....this will just be the story line...so who has a good idea of an original Liberian story....
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:01 am

good idea. will start thinking th_idea fast now and get back with something soon.
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female
My Mood : Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Innocent

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:46 pm

HB..why don't we try one which goes something like how ladies in the US use their American citizens status to lure brothers from Africa. I actually have this story in mind and it can be developed th_yes
HB*** wrote:
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:41 am

Unique1 wrote:
HB..why don't we try one which goes something like how ladies in the US use their American citizens status to lure brothers from Africa. I actually have this story in mind and it can be developed th_yes
HB*** wrote:

th_mrgreen :D th_mrgreen smile_approve
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:43 am

So HB what happen to our Liberian show we making, no ideas yet...the village aint get ideas enough to make a Liberia Movie? Look, your do something around here mehn..ehn da LIBERIAN VILLAGE here...????? I met this thread from the time I join and since then you telling me no ideas yet? Don't just sit there..do something or let the ball roll to the ables Laughing
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Unique1 wrote:
So HB what happen to our Liberian show we making, no ideas yet...the village aint get ideas enough to make a Liberia Movie? Look, your do something around here mehn..ehn da LIBERIAN VILLAGE here...????? I met this thread from the time I join and since then you telling me no ideas yet? Don't just sit there..do something or let the ball roll to the ables Laughing

th_yes was thinking the same thing too cuz the idea seem to have just gone cold since it was last brought up...

ideas... ok one story line we could consider is that of grass-grace-grass meaning a liberian struggle from back home to going to the states and being successful then falling into the wrong crowd and getting deported back home and ending up back into the struggle. others can help to elaborate on that.....
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 6:32 am

this is brilliant, lady Flo, I think it is my first time coming across this story line, not even in Nigerian movies. Now let's get other views and see what comes up. So is HB no longer in the village? Let me check the official goodbye thread th_cool
LadyFlo wrote:
Unique1 wrote:

th_yes was thinking the same thing too cuz the idea seem to have just gone cold since it was last brought up...

ideas... ok one story line we could consider is that of grass-grace-grass meaning a liberian struggle from back home to going to the states and being successful then falling into the wrong crowd and getting deported back home and ending up back into the struggle. others can help to elaborate on that.....
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:35 am

Sorry to say folks, but it’s almost typical of us as Liberians to carry our ideas back to God with us, and tell him, “papay here deh idea you gave me ohh, I been keeping it so no one can spoil it, weh pley you wan me to put it ehh”?…Anyways I am glad that few people are excited about the idea and not just giving in to laziness, the few who are can make all the difference…I think everyone should just start jotting down their story idea and lets go through them…I promise to deliver before the next weekends….

I like the grass-grace-grass idea....We could also do a married woman who tries probe the raped and killing of her sister by a ex-rebel during the war, she goes on to probe who kills her sister and the finding comes too close too home....
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm

yeah, sounds interesting too. And HB, let the ex rebel be a converted good citizen now whose past comes to hunt him terribly and how he pulls out of all the past skeleton in his closet....and the story goes on...and on. hey put all the thrash together before you know it you've go a storyline that is origianal and even sounds like true life stories...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers   Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay Guys and gals: Our own Liberian movie written by the villagers
Page 1 of 1