Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question- Views needed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : question- Views needed Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

question- Views needed Empty
PostSubject: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:44 pm

what are your views on allowing a pregnant teenager to attend regular classes with other children?

should she go night school?

should she go to a "big belleh" school?

should she be allowed in the school again after she has had the child?

what happens to the man/boy that has impregnanted her?

views please
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : question- Views needed Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:50 pm

candygirl wrote:
what are your views on allowing a pregnant teenager to attend regular classes with other children?

should she go night school? not by any mandate..if she wants to go to morning, ALP style or night..it shd be her choice.
should she go to a "big belleh" school? dey got some? see above

should she be allowed in the school again after she has had the child? definitely...how will she complete school if she is stopped from going?
what happens to the man/boy that has impregnanted her? whatever...this question is important if the girl is stopped from going to school...the imbalance and power play then comes into the picture.
Education is a right!!!!! th_thanku th_ROFLMAO

views please
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : question- Views needed Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:37 pm

candygirl wrote:

views please

It's her choice to do all of the above if she wants. Teen pregnancy is not what it used to be back in the days, it's a nornal everyday thing (well at least it is here in the US). It does not have the "shock factor" anymore. It's socially excepted (whether you morally like it or not)...it's just like being gay openly.

and of course NOTHING happens to the man/boy come on now Rolling Eyes ...unless he's much older and than it's called statutory rape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:47 pm

I remember being in the 8th grade and there were several girls that was pregnant, it just set an example for me on what the outcome could be...sometime you just have to see with your own eyes.

off the topic lay bit,
We had sex education class and we (boy and girls) even had to take care of a damn egg in my home economic class for a week. This was to teach us how it would be like to take care of a baby.

of course my egg cracked lol! ehn you see why I don't have kids now

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:48 pm

that is the message we are trying to bring to the fore here-most of the people who enforce the regulations are the once who make these girls pregnant. imagine a school where close to 30 girls got pregnant (the teachers said it was not them). it is changing small small. u saw the pic candy posted ehn?
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 pm

I think the problem with teenage pregnancy is that most parents don't accept it instantly. I think the school system in America is flex with it. Just a case in point, My female friend daugther completed her high school while pregnant and now her daughter has matriculated to a community college to study Nursing. However she made it thru because her mother was there for her. On the flip side, my male friend daughter got pregnant while in junior year and her dad will not accept it. She is now on her own and living with her uncle. Both of them can't see eye to eye.

So it depend on what kind of a parent such a child belong to and the child or children own determination in life.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:02 am

i think this situation has a lot to do with institutional regulations, which banned pregnant girls from attending school and also from re-admission. most schools in liberia will not accept a pregnant girl attending school even if the teacher made her that way or if her parents are supportive.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:10 am

krazzy wrote:
i think this situation has a lot to do with institutional regulations, which banned pregnant girls from attending school and also from re-admission. most schools in liberia will not accept a pregnant girl attending school even if the teacher made her that way or if her parents are supportive.

I think the Ministry of Education needs to review their educational policy as it relate to teenage pregnancy KR...All these little girls in school are flirting now and we need to understand that things have change. We will have to flow with western democratic state policy..
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : question- Views needed Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 am

bellah, when haveing "lil girls" flirted?
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:14 am

bellah wrote:
krazzy wrote:

I think the Ministry of Education needs to review their educational policy as it relate to teenage pregnancy KR...All these little girls in school are flirting now and we need to understand that things have change. We will have to flow with western democratic state policy..

so it's the girl fault scratch , so the boy them doing what...give me a break angry1 This does not have anything to do with flirting or what she has on...what happen to self control especially is you are a administrator...SMT
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 am

don't know abt girls flirting but girls cna flirt and not get pregnant, right? it is one thing that makes them pregnant and it is not flirting. the teachers are the main culprit in this affair.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:35 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
bellah wrote:
krazzy wrote:

so it's the girl fault scratch , so the boy them doing what...give me a break angry1 This does not have anything to do with flirting or what she has on...what happen to self control especially is you are a administrator...SMT

It is obvious that boys are flirting with them as they procreate as an underage. Our concern here is how do they continue their education in some part of the world. In America, the policies are flex as compare to other places.
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 am

candygirl wrote:

views please

Im not a woman...So Im not an expert on symptoms related to pregnancy.
Why should a pregnant woman be Isolated to pregnant women only school. Is pregnancy a contagious disease?

Absolutely she should be encouraged to continue her education by any "absolute" means necessary. An Ignorant mother might raise an Ignorant child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question- Views needed   question- Views needed Empty

Back to top Go down

question- Views needed
Page 1 of 1