Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help Needed...

Go down 
+11
Josie
DSP
Nica
krazzy
RossWorld
bruno
candygirl
bellah
jclifden
Geyla Queen
gadyu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Help Needed... Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Pastor in Brooklyn Center, refused to baptize several babies from members of his congregation that were born out of wedlock. I am doing the story. Care to add your thots?

I have contacted several other non Liberian church pastors and I am hearing all sorts of interpretation of the bible.

My haid hetting...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Help Needed... Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:46 pm

Are you kidding me Shocked . How is this the child fault? He's baptizing the child NOT the parent.

Is this the same pastor that told the young man that he could not sing in the church because he was wearing a earring?
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
Are you kidding me Shocked . How is this the child fault? He's baptizing the child NOT the parent.

Is this the same pastor that told the young man that he could not sing in the church because he was wearing a earring?

Da him oh, and his member was at an event yesterday, very and visibly not happy that he would tell her that. So, she came over to me to tell her story.

So, I casually said, so what you want me to do now? She said, I want a conversation on this....
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 pm

This religion nonsense is getting way out of hand.....These self appointed pastors need to return back to factory work
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:55 pm

That Pastor needs to get a sense of direction yah...........
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Help Needed... Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:56 pm

that Pastor needs jesus
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Jesus came for the sinners not to saved, so he who supposed to be brining peopel to God driving them away

he stupid
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 pm

but who is he to be passing judgement in the first place, what kind of pastor is this. scratch
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:01 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
but who is he to be passing judgement in the first place, what kind of pastor is this. scratch

i telling you angry1 Sad
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:03 am

Jesus said to bring the children to him, he never added in a condition that excluded any child. If God rejected that child he would never allowed him/her to come into existence... God is the author of life after all... he gives and takes as he pleases.

Did the child choose to be born outside of "wedlock"?

If so, then No, it should not be baptized as it chose it's sinful state of birth.

If not, then Yes, it's not the child's fault.

Honestly, this is just silly. Would you have rather your cousin had an abortion or a bastard? And why shouldn't "bastards" be baptized? It's not their fault, they had nothing whatsoever to do with their own conception. If you're a little foggy about biology, just take my word for that one.

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080613200152AAH9YmT
Back to top Go down
bruno

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:07 am

yor don't judge the pastor na. is it a matter of right and wrong or a matter of intepretation? and who will be the judge of that?
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:09 am

So, how is he interpreting this whole thing na? How is it beneficial to his church? Is it correcting an abberrance or is he just following the interpretation? He has got to answer these questions?
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Help Needed... Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:09 am

The concept of baptism is the public outward demonstration that a person now belongs to Christ.. in other word, he or she get wash from the old life (sin) into the new life (2Cor 5:17). That's what will happens to these babies, which is good. So they should be baptize.

But this is where the Pastor comes in, before these babies get baptize, the Pastor should conduct an extensive interview with the god parents.. making sure the god parents are good Christian who will be able to guard these babies into Christian values and morals. When the god parent don't meet up with these requirements, the babies shouldn't be baptize. They should grow up and make their own choice.
So it's not about the parents or their sins..but the person that will mode these babies.
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:13 am

They got to be kept in the WAY (Jonh 14:6) after the baptism.
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 am

RossWorld wrote:
The concept of baptism is the public outward demonstration that a person now belongs to Christ.. in other word, he or she get wash from the old life (sin) into the new life (2Cor 5:17). That's what will happens to these babies, which is good. So they should be baptize.

But this is where the Pastor comes in, before these babies get baptize, the Pastor should conduct an extensive interview with the god parents.. making sure the god parents are good Christian who will be able to guard these babies into Christian values and morals. When the god parent don't meet up with these requirements, the babies shouldn't be baptize. They should grow up and make their own choice.
So it's not about the parents or their sins..but the person that will mode these babies.

A BUNCH OF BS...CRAP
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:18 am

RossWorld wrote:

ross, its not the prerogative of the pastor to judge them. HE cant be the one ot say ' they are good christian parents enough for their kids to get baptized"

its his DUTY to baptize ALL who come to him. esp considering the bible saying that you must be born of the water and spirit to enter heaven.
so if lets say those kids dont enter heaven, he is at fault cuz he should have baptized them, wheether born in wedlock or not.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:21 am

jclifden wrote:
RossWorld wrote:

A BUNCH OF BS...CRAP

th_iagree
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:22 am

Baptism don't save a person... it just an outward conefession. I'm against the out of wedlock thing................ but may be if these parents can present godly god parents it will help.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:23 am

RossWorld wrote:
Baptism don't save a person... it just an outward conefession. I'm against the out of wedlock thing................ but may if these parents can present godly god parents it will help.

didnt say it saves anyone, saying its one of the things listed.. and IF that was a requirement, then he the pastor denying them, simply becasue of their status of birth
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 am

candygirl wrote:
jclifden wrote:
RossWorld wrote:

A BUNCH OF BS...CRAP

th_iagree

The two of you can called it whatever because you don't read your bible. I surprise at u Candy.... your mom is a Pastor, and a good one too, ask her
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:25 am

RossWorld wrote:
Baptism don't save a person... it just an outward conefession. I'm against the out of wedlock thing................ but may be if these parents can present godly god parents it will help.

th_wtf , nobody is perfect oh...but this is NOT even about the parent....it's about an innocent child.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:26 am

RossWorld is a Sunday school teacher...lol
Back to top Go down
bruno

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 am

gadyu wrote:
So, how is he interpreting this whole thing na? How is it beneficial to his church? Is it correcting an abberrance or is he just following the interpretation? He has got to answer these questions?

i think his actions (refusal to baptize) show how hes interpreting the bible. maybe he feels/sees that this is happening too much in his community (babies born out of wedlock, that is).
but do you intend to get from him his reasons?
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 am

gadyu wrote:
RossWorld is a Sunday school teacher...lol

Yes I am
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:30 am

bruno wrote:
gadyu wrote:

i think his actions (refusal to baptize) show how hes interpreting the bible. maybe he feels/sees that this is happening too much in his community (babies born out of wedlock, that is).
but do you intend to get from him his reasons?

This time, I am going directly to him. He will explain it himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed...   Help Needed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Needed...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next