Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subway collection agent wins 133 million

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Subway collection agent wins 133 million Empty
PostSubject: Subway collection agent wins 133 million   Subway collection agent wins 133 million EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:22 am

Subway collection agent wins 133 million Amd_boyce
A subway collection agent hopped the express to the Millionaires' Club.

NYC Transit vet Aubrey Boyce was unmasked Tuesday as the winner of a $133 million Mega Millions jackpot, ending weeks of mystery about who held the ticket.

The Queens resident spent the past eight years working underground, retrieving bundles of cash from token booths and MetroCard machines.

He earned about $53,000 a year traveling from station to station in an armored truck with a licensed firearm for protection.

That daily routine is a thing of the past after Boyce's latest collection: a check for a staggering $54,648,351, after taxes.

He already has quit his job and made plans to hop a plane to a sunny vacation spot.

"I couldn't believe I was the winner," Boyce said at a news conference at Grand Central Terminal.

"I kept checking my numbers to make sure.

"I will probably go on a dream vacation somewhere warm," he added. "Maybe the islands."

Boyce lives with his wife in a modest one-bedroom apartment in a 12-story brick building in Kew Gardens.

Neighbors said they thought the couple rented for $1,200 a month until buying the apartment for about $170,000 last month.

The couple has no kids and was described as quiet, friendly and hardworking.

Their building super recently repainted their apartment an eggshell color and replaced their radiator.

They gave him a $50 tip.

He last saw them three days ago - and they betrayed no hint of hitting the big time.

"It's a lot of money, man," said the super, Danny Jorganxhi, 33. "I bet they never come back here.

"Why would they? Hopefully to give a little," he joked.

Boyce, who would only reveal he's originally from South America, was reluctant to divulge details of his plans.

"I'm gonna relax for some days and think about [how to spend the money] in the future," he said.

But he did say he's not the splurging type and if he gets a new car, it will be something low-key.

"I'm a laid-back guy, so you know, something not too flashy," he said.

"[Not] a Mercedes, Rolls-Royce ... something simple."

Wearing a casual shirt, pants and sunglasses, Boyce said he knew he won the day after the July 7 drawing but kept a low profile, hoping the furor over who had the lucky ticket would die down.

He also sought advice from a lawyer and created an asset management trust fund, called the Archibald Trust, to handle his windfall.

"My wife, she thought I was making a joke," he said.

"I was in a state of shock, maybe for the whole day."

Boyce usually spends $12 a week on lottery tickets, but only laid out $2 for two sets of Quick Pick numbers hours before the drawing. The winning numbers were 25, 27, 35, 38 and 39 and Mega Ball number 28.

The store owner who sold him the winning ticket got a $10,000 bonus from the lottery and said he wants to throw Boyce a party.

"This is my lucky customer," said Bharat Patel, who runs Shiv Convenience Store on Hillside Ave. in Jamaica.

"It's nice to finally meet him today."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz0MgqVkaPP
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Subway collection agent wins 133 million Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Subway collection agent wins 133 million Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subway collection agent wins 133 million   Subway collection agent wins 133 million EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:02 am

Doggit mehnn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com

Subway collection agent wins 133 million
Page 1 of 1