Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges

Go down 
+2
candygirl
LadyFlo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges Empty
PostSubject: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:38 am

A federal jury in Miami today convicted Roy M. Belfast Jr. of crimes related to the torture of people in Liberia between April 1999 and July 2003, the Department of Justice and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced.

Belfast, 31, a/k/a Chuckie Taylor, Charles Taylor Jr., Charles Taylor II and Charles McArther Emmanuel, was convicted of five counts of torture, one count of conspiracy to torture, one count of using a firearm during the commission of a violent crime and one count of conspiracy to use a firearm during the commission of a violent crime. Belfast, the son of former Liberian President Charles Taylor, was charged in a November 2007 superseding indictment with torture, conspiracy to commit torture, using a firearm during a crime of violence and conspiracy to use a firearm during a crime of violence.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Roy-Belfast-Jr-AKA-Chuckie/story.aspx?guid=%7B629A1ACB-5E4B-4198-AD93-03E118A32F4C%7D
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:17 pm

th_boogie th_icon_clap
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm

candygirl wrote:
th_boogie th_icon_clap

It's still bittersweet in a way

I wouldn't be clapping or anything
He should have been tried in Liberia

to me it's sad when African countries have to depend on outside countries for justice
If that was one of the white US citizens they cared about you think they would try him?

All the way Rwanda and Liberia depending on some international court

I know it sounds irritating to most of ya'll but it's the truth

What was SUPPSED to happen was to have an African court, but no

ya'll will get vex when I say it but as a people we can act really retarded sometimes, like we need
somebody else to wipe our mouth

Sorry if I offend anyone but I'm real tired

Collective self respect we don't have, then we act surpise nobody respect us
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 pm

DSP wrote:
candygirl wrote:
th_boogie th_icon_clap

It's still bittersweet in a way

I wouldn't be clapping or anything
He should have been tried in Liberia

to me it's sad when African countries have to depend on outside countries for justice
If that was one of the white US citizens they cared about you think they would try him?

All the way Rwanda and Liberia depending on some international court

I know it sounds irritating to most of ya'll but it's the truth

What was SUPPSED to happen was to have an African court, but no

ya'll will get vex when I say it but as a people we can act really retarded sometimes, like we need
somebody else to wipe our mouth

Sorry if I offend anyone but I'm real tired

Collective self respect we don't have, then we act surpise nobody respect us
bitersweet yes.. that a young man wasted his life so. yes
but not much so, because Chuckie did a lot here DSP. a LOT. that boy was wicked... committed so many atrocities (sp)....

i remember today my classmate who was beaten, dragged and later allowed to be mauled by his dogs simply because the boy didnt feed his dogs ( or somethign like that) on time.

Isacc Died before he was even 25 years old
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 pm

in cases like chuckie, whatever means it takes/took to get him to pay for his crimes, i say it was/is worth it.

this young man was cruel.. sadistic.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:01 pm

candygirl wrote:
in cases like chuckie, whatever means it takes/took to get him to pay for his crimes, i say it was/is worth it.

this young man was cruel.. sadistic.

Candy I understand your emotion completely

At the same time it is the inconsistency that bothers me

For every Chucky there are many like him that are still free in this world

If the current US Administration had liked his family you think he would still be convicted?

Where does it stop?
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 pm

it doesn't stop DSP and thats the world we live in.. u can hate it or say hell i'm gonna do something in my own lil way to change it. a group of lawyer could have asked or petition for his trial to be held in Liberia but who knows how that wud have turned out. probably u wont have as much evidence or demonstration from his supporters.. i'm only listing possibilities.. so dont hit the roof.. lol.. but seriously, his conviction is a start to some sort of justice for the victims...
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:35 pm

LadyFlo wrote:
it doesn't stop DSP and thats the world we live in.. u can hate it or say hell i'm gonna do something in my own lil way to change it. a group of lawyer could have asked or petition for his trial to be held in Liberia but who knows how that wud have turned out. probably u wont have as much evidence or demonstration from his supporters.. i'm only listing possibilities.. so dont hit the roof.. lol.. but seriously, his conviction is a start to some sort of justice for the victims...

Yeah it's a start, but how about addressing our own scizophrenia first. We need to have basic collective self respect, if we had that there wouldn't be any Chuckies

Too many of us dont like living good
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:02 am

Justice has being served and to all he victimized, this is a day of closure. I know their souls is resiting in perfect peace. It is the beginning of the era where those who perpetrated heinous crime against the Liberian pepo and friends of Liberia will have to face justice one day. Justice delay is justice deny....

People will have to be careful when they have power in their hand and this is a warning for Fumba Sirleaf- the son of President Ellen J. Sirleaf et al. We hope all Liberians will respect the rule of Law and treat their fellow men will respect irrespective of their beliefs, creed, sex, race, political affiliation etc.....
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:05 am

All I know is karma is a beotch! Chukkie thought he had it made at one point and became convinced of his own invincibility. Now he is receiving a just recompense for his actions. Granted, the conviction also serves a US need to say publicly that they have in fact convicted someone for torture (never mind that the convicted here has nothing to do with Abu Ghraib or Afghanistan).
Back to top Go down
rberry

rberry

Male
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:11 am

As my late Dad used to say, God doesn't like urgly oohhh..
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:19 am

Traveller wrote:
All I know is karma is a beotch! Chukkie thought he had it made at one point and became convinced of his own invincibility. Now he is receiving a just recompense for his actions. Granted, the conviction also serves a US need to say publicly that they have in fact convicted someone for torture (never mind that the convicted here has nothing to do with Abu Ghraib or Afghanistan).

I agreed with u and this one of the reasons the US doesn't wan to subject hersef to the world court. I think the fact that Chuckie was a US citizen, made it easier for them to try him in the US.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:31 am

DSP wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

Yeah it's a start, but how about addressing our own scizophrenia first. We need to have basic collective self respect, if we had that there wouldn't be any Chuckies

self respect??? how can u relate this to that.. is it lack of self respect that cause someone to torture the other.. or lack of respect that Liberia may not have the resources at this time do what needs to be done (know that getting evidence, witnesses, even their protection aint cheap).. if they have to beg at this time.. dammit i say beg.. hell most Liberians living in foreign lands do shitty jobs yet they look down on folks that so the same back home.. where's the self respect there.. i hear what u're saying but some of us take the self respect too far that it becomes pride.. and if u let ur pride hold u too high u aint gonna get nowhere.. there aint no crime in accepting help when u aint got the hands to help urself just yet.. it doesnt mean u gotta be in that position all through
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 1:04 am

It does relate. I dont think self respect has anything to do with pride. When you respect yourself you respect where you live and the people that live there with you. People who respect themselve don't behave so.

LadyFlo wrote:
DSP wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

self respect??? how can u relate this to that.. is it lack of self respect that cause someone to torture the other.. or lack of respect that Liberia may not have the resources at this time do what needs to be done (know that getting evidence, witnesses, even their protection aint cheap).. if they have to beg at this time.. dammit i say beg.. hell most Liberians living in foreign lands do shitty jobs yet they look down on folks that so the same back home.. where's the self respect there.. i hear what u're saying but some of us take the self respect too far that it becomes pride.. and if u let ur pride hold u too high u aint gonna get nowhere.. there aint no crime in accepting help when u aint got the hands to help urself just yet.. it doesnt mean u gotta be in that position all through
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 1:06 am

"hell most Liberians living in foreign lands do shitty jobs yet they look down on folks that so the same back home." say Floro...

Now the reason most liberians do these jobs here is because there is no opportunity for them in their own country. I admire Liberians for adjusting and coping with the reality here. In the same token, i encourage Liberian to go to school and prepare themselves for here and the world at large while doing these shitty jobs as my sister said. I have a problem with those who are during the shitty job and forgo education. They do these shitty jobs and wan to live about their means which doesn't create an environment for them to go to school.

This country give u financial aid and loans to go to school and expect u to pay the loan back when u are done. how many country in the world can provide such an opportunity not Liberia though. Liberians leave from here and fail to provide such an opportunity to their people. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???? Is the million dollar question......
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 1:17 am

bellah wrote:
"hell most Liberians living in foreign lands do shitty jobs yet they look down on folks that so the same back home." say Floro...

Now the reason most liberians do these jobs here is because there is no opportunity for them in their own country. I admire Liberians for adjusting and coping with the reality here. In the same token, i encourage Liberian to go to school and prepare themselves for here and the world at large while doing these shitty jobs as my sister said. I have a problem with those who are during the shitty job and forgo education. They do these shitty jobs and wan to live about their means which doesn't create an environment for them to go to school.

This country give u financial aid and loans to go to school and expect u to pay the loan back when u are done. how many country in the world can provide such an opportunity not Liberia though. Liberians leave from here and fail to provide such an opportunity to their people. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???? Is the million dollar question......

i hear what u're saying Bellah.. even came across a Lib bro that said "i aint got no goals.. i'm a truck driver and make damn good money so aint gonna change that". and he aint finish the high school yet.. what a shame..

i admire folks that can make do whereever they find themselves and my word shitty jobs ain dissing the job as much as the pretense of those that do these minimum wage jobs but look down on others that do same and aint doing shit to improve themselve (education etc).. and i have cross path with a few...

as for your million dollar question.. greed, selfishness, the "everything's good for me, myself and i" syndrome, maybe some folks even had change of heart due to bad experience they had after helping someone in the past.. etc.. the list goes on bro..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges   Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Belfast Jr. A/K/A Chuckie Taylor Convicted on Torture Charges
Page 1 of 1