Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Empty
PostSubject: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:36 am

Whitney Houston Returns and En Vogue Reunites in Tobago
The Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago welcomes past and present musical greats

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-whitney-180x240

(April 27, 2008; Plymouth, Tobago) Pop diva Whitney Houston took center stage at the fourth annual Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago.

Houston couldn’t have asked for a better audience. After festival goers
were treated to Caribbean sunsets for three consecutive days, the
festival's grand finale was a highly-anticipated performance by
Houston. More than 3000 music lovers witnessed the six-time,
Grammy-winning singer’s return to stage.

Dressed in a single-strap, white column gown, Houston’s flawless appearance immediately brought attendees to their feet as they sang along with her first song selection, the inspirational mid-tempo “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay.”

During Houston's 30-minute set, the audience responded with warm words of encouragement and support of her performance. “She’s come a long way," says Patrice Mitchell from Tobago. "I’ll always love her.”

But for Diane Willis-Reid and Sophia Campbell, who traveled from Jamaica with six other friends to see Houston, her participation in the festival was triumphant and tell-tale sign of the diva's inevitable journey back to the top.

"I love Whitney and I'm just happy to see her on stage," says Willis-Reid. "There's no way she'd come this close to the Caribbean and I not see her. This is a huge success. She's back!" Although Houston has a long road ahead of her, the fans in Tobago are sure to be cheering her on from the sidelines.

Earlier the festival brought out another anticipated performance--the reunion of the original members of En Vogue: Terry Ellis, Cindy Herron, Maxine Jones and Dawn Robinson. Nearly a decade has passed since the quartet shared a stage together. The group's last album was 1997's album EV3. For years, rumors circulated that the ladies went their separates ways because of Ellis and Robinson's estranged relationship, but backstage before their set, Robinson started to explain that the reason for the group's split was "a little
complicated."

However, Ellis abruptly set things straight. "There was never a breakup. Dawn wanted to go solo and we were all pursuing different things at the time and that's just what it was."

While there are no immediate plans for En Vogue to embark on an official reunion tour or produce an accompanying album Robinson says, "We'll take it from here and see how things go."

Current member Rhona Bennett, an actress and singer whom most will remember from her acting stint on the defunct The Jamie Foxx Show as his jingle-writing co-worker, did not perform. According to Ellis she's still a part of the group and will perform "as we need her." Both Jones and Herron take time off from touring to raise their respective families.

On stage, the group performed signature hits such as "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)," "Whatta Man," "Giving Him Something He Can Feel," "Free Your Mind," "Don't Let Go (Love)" and closed out the set with their debut hit "Hold On."

For the last three days, the PJF had the best mix of old school R&B, Motown, reggae, soca, and pop. Other artists on the bill were Shakira, Rod Stewart, Diana Ross and Steel Pulse. Overall, it was the men who didn't disappoint. Stellar performances by Smokey Robinson, James Ingram and Peabo Bryson prove that like wine these legendary soulsters simply get better with time.

http://www.essence.com/essence/themix/entertainment

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Thu May 01, 2008 6:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:41 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-whitney-240x340
Regal in white, Whitney Houston kicks off her 30-minute set with the hit “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay.”
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:43 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-envogue2-340x240
En Vogue becomes one again as original members come together for the
2008 Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago, West Indies. Backstage, from
left, Cindy Herron, Maxine Jones, Dawn Robinson and Terry Ellis.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:44 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-envogue-340x240
"We're like sisters who haven't seen each other for a long time.
[Coming back together] has been natural," says Dawn Robinson about
reuniting with En Vogue members, from left Robinson, Maxine Jones,
Terry Ellis and Cindy Herron.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:46 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-smokey-240x340
Smokey Robinson showers the audience with Motown classics and ballads
on Friday night at the 2008 Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago, West
Indies.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:49 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-diana-240x340
Diana Ross opens with her feel-good anthem, "I'm Coming Out," as she
hits the stage Friday night at the 2008 Plymouth Jazz Festival in
Tobago, West Indies.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:52 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-bryson-240x340
Peabo Bryson soothes the night as he performs Friday night at the 2008 Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago, West Indies.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:53 am

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-ingram-340x240
James Ingram gets into the groove by kicking off the Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Doggit..that must have been a blast. Would love to been there. God bless Whitney. she is a remarkable vocalist..one of the top five in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Jazzfest-diana-240x340
Tobago, West Indies.

i love D Ross' music.. but why in thw world does she love these feathers and ruffles so much??? No lol!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:10 pm

i hope Whitney keeps her groove on thsi time....
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:46 pm

candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
Tobago, West Indies.

i love D Ross' music.. but why in thw world does she love these feathers and ruffles so much??? No lol!

Me...I love her too...but she look like like a big ball of cotton candy. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Nica wrote:

Me...I love her too...but she look like like a big ball of cotton candy. Shocked

th_ROFLMAO so true
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Don't talk to my sister like that Nica... She sweet, that's she dresses as a ball of cotton candy.

pls. so u all ran away from me
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:07 am

RossWorld wrote:
Don't talk to my sister like that Nica... She sweet, that's she dresses as a ball of cotton candy.

you boy you aint see what she wearng??
she did the same thign last year on American Idol. almost trip on the darn thing
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:49 am

itz called showbiz, haters Laughing Laughing the lady was stepping out-directly from the candy shop :D

candygirl wrote:
RossWorld wrote:

she did the same thign last year on American Idol. almost trip on the darn thing
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago EmptyFri May 02, 2008 1:54 am

krazzy wrote:
itz called showbiz, haters Laughing Laughing the lady was stepping out-directly from the candy shop :D

candygirl wrote:
RossWorld wrote:

fada have mercy. hahahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago   Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago Empty

Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston Returns, En Vogue Reunites & more in Tobago
Page 1 of 1