Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

West Africans are not nice people

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

West Africans are not nice people Empty
PostSubject: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:49 am

So I'm on another African message board in the middle of a swahili topic and I read...

Quote :
I notice that West Africans seem to be very jealous people. They think everyone one who is black suppose gear toward them. 100 million people speak Swahili. Microsoft is already coming out with
Windows in Swahili (It probably already have been launced). If West
Africans want people to learn their language they need to come up with
a written language. Something that they are lacking.

Quote :
Just because African-Americans ancestors come from West Africa, Central
Africa, and Southern Africa doesn't mean they suppose to be passionate
about it. West Africans don't even like black Americans and we are
normally not welcome there when we visit. If African-Americans want to
have a connection even if it is a spiritual one with East Africa, why
does that bother WA? West Africans are not nice people. People are
geared toward humble, meek people.

Quote :
I agree with you
concerning Ghana. Majority of all AA prefer to visit, live, and invest
in Ghana. That is only because Ghana has warm, hospitable people. Apart
from that, most AA visit East and Southern Africa than they do West
Africa. I have friends, family members, and church members who have
visited countries in West Africa and they keep saying the same thing.
They are not welcoming people and they don't like black Americans. I
didn't say anything about UK blacks. I am speaking of
African-Americans. It is faulty to say that the majority of
African-Americans are from West Africa because it is not true. There is
a good portion of blacks from Central and Southern Africa. I think
those two regions is greater than West Africa. There is also a good
porportion of African-Americans who have East African ancestry. Trust
me, it is not all about West Africa.

West Africans are not nice people Reputation vbrep_register("1471065

After a couple of exchanges with this guy I started to feel sorry for him and left him to his ignorance.. lol@ lacking written language and jealous.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : West Africans are not nice people Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 am

The lacking written language comment is just misinformed and the jealous stuff is baseless.

But some of dat thing is true.

African Americans do have many biases, misconceptions and apprehensions about Africans..north, west, east and south.

I was born in America and graduated from high school here. I was transplanted from here to Liberia where I finished growing up and got a rude and yet wonderful awakening to what people really think of each other globally.

Very few African Americans have a good grasp of the African experience as it is, beyond what the've seen in the misconstrewed images of motion pictures and the sadly limited global perspective we recieve in the U.S curriculum.

I have been so fortunate to have had a very broad multi-cultural experience base even in the United States and I know for fact that:

"Africans think they are better than us",
"Nigerian men stink",
"African people like to use vooDoo"

are just a few of the REAL perceptions that exist na na in 2008 among African American people.
That Africans have the same misconceptions about each other is just as true and even more sad.

All that stuff is stupid but it does exist. We really should feel sorry for people who are so uniformed. I hope that we can develop better, more realistic views of each other and better relationships between Africans from all regions and African Americans.

I sometimes find myself in a very peculiar and often torn position. I have the best of both worlds and the worst of both worlds and I love eacg very much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
SAMAR GHANDOUR

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: THE HOUR OF PRAYER   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:26 am

What we need to do is to pray for all Africans, black and wites alike. We also need to pray for all blacks in Africa and out of Africa.

Many people do not like West Africans because it has always been human nature to demonstrate ungratefulness.

It was the the West Africans that educated the Kenyans, especially the Ghanians and Nigerians. It was also West Africa, through Nkruma, that helped to refocus the Mzee's policital agenda from his tribal Kikuyu party to Kanu. He could not gain the support of all kenyans because of his tribalism, but Nkruma counseled him and he was able to win the "independance" of kenaya.

Next, when people are so proud of Kiswahili, what they do not know is that the language is not all African. Kiswahili is the colonization and corruption of Bantu by and through Arabic. Kiswaili, though spoken in many East African states, and also in Nigeria, is only recently accepted by the Kenyans and other nationals away from the coast.

West Africans are great but we love our African people. We will continue to pray for them and do for them as Liberia and Guinea did for the South Africans, like Mariam Makiba and Hugh Maskila, and others.

West Africa is Africa. We are one. Keep praying and nothing should devide us. We need more growth that division.

Pray for God's blessing through Christ.
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : West Africans are not nice people Confused

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:35 am

Sometimes if you don't know don't speak on it. It is better to be quiet then to spew ignorance. Who is this individual? I know a lot of black Americans that went to Ghana and had a wonderful experience. On BET last week there was a documentary on students from Spelman that travelled to Senegal and the wonderful experience they had. The main reason they go to the east is to go on a safari. When they go to West Africa it is to connect to their past and their ancestors.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:46 am

SAMAR GHANDOUR wrote:
What we need to do is to pray for all Africans, black and wites alike. We also need to pray for all blacks in Africa and out of Africa.

Many people do not like West Africans because it has always been human nature to demonstrate ungratefulness.

It was the the West Africans that educated the Kenyans, especially the Ghanians and Nigerians. It was also West Africa, through Nkruma, that helped to refocus the Mzee's policital agenda from his tribal Kikuyu party to Kanu. He could not gain the support of all kenyans because of his tribalism, but Nkruma counseled him and he was able to win the "independance" of kenaya.

Next, when people are so proud of Kiswahili, what they do not know is that the language is not all African. Kiswahili is the colonization and corruption of Bantu by and through Arabic. Kiswaili, though spoken in many East African states, and also in Nigeria, is only recently accepted by the Kenyans and other nationals away from the coast.

West Africans are great but we love our African people. We will continue to pray for them and do for them as Liberia and Guinea did for the South Africans, like Mariam Makiba and Hugh Maskila, and others.

West Africa is Africa. We are one. Keep praying and nothing should devide us. We need more growth that division.

Pray for God's blessing through Christ.

Very well stated.
I do pray for the concept of one Africa to take hold in our minds and
hearts. We find it difficult as people of any race or creed to
comprehend the concept of 3 in one in the Trinty. So the concept of 40
some odd countries as one, is one that will trully require prayer
fervent prayer. But all things are possible through Christ.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:42 pm

I got another response I thought interesting

Quote :
@amononi
Agree on what exactly??? just threw it back at you and here you are trying to be cute...
Oh! thats a shame you and your lot didn't get to enjoy W.Africaa place where you find the most hospitable and fun people in the world..yes Nigeria can be harsh in terms of people trying to be smart and exploit you but Nigerians get the same treatment including Nigerian Diasporans so whats new?? once you adjust and have your wits about you its a piece of cake...other West Africans are a different bunch i find them very humble without a doubt you telling me people from Niger-Senegal-Sierra Leone or Liberia are hostile you talking crap...as @DSP mentioned how many West African countries do you really know??
You really think West Africans would be here in the West (apart from say Education)if their Govts were well run??
People keep banging on about Central and East Africa can you please be specific...getting a bit tiresome
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : West Africans are not nice people Confused

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:44 pm

DSP wrote:
I got another response I thought interesting

Quote :
@amononi
Agree on what exactly??? just threw it back at you and here you are trying to be cute...
Oh! thats a shame you and your lot didn't get to enjoy W.Africaa place where you find the most hospitable and fun people in the world..yes Nigeria can be harsh in terms of people trying to be smart and exploit you but Nigerians get the same treatment including Nigerian Diasporans so whats new?? once you adjust and have your wits about you its a piece of cake...other West Africans are a different bunch i find them very humble without a doubt you telling me people from Niger-Senegal-Sierra Leone or Liberia are hostile you talking crap...as @DSP mentioned how many West African countries do you really know??
You really think West Africans would be here in the West (apart from say Education)if their Govts were well run??
People keep banging on about Central and East Africa can you please be specific...getting a bit tiresome

Oh good somebody stood up for us. th_icon_clap
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:13 am

LOL got hot in there...

Quote :
.....Amononi will have to work through her issues at her own pace. She has not visited West Africa, but yet gets her information second hand. Her friends had bad experiences, although I doubt they went to every W. African country and I dont think we should be making Nigeria a scapegoat by saying we are not friendly, because we are, we just dont brown-nose, and to some Western Blacks, if you dont treat them according to the totem pole of races they have been taught in the West (having continental Africans at the bottom), then you are being unfriendly and disrespectful.

Its a well known phenomenon, that although many descendents of slavery will often boast about and hold the tenacious, stong and rebellious Africans in history to high esteem, they prefer their Africans to be as docile as possible and above all to know their place.

I dont think we should be too hard on her, it probably serves her well at the moment, the West Africans can represent the vicious savage backstabbing slave sellers, while the Africans from other regions can represent the more warm, civilised ancestor......who knows she may need it to cope and it may be the only way she can make palatable sense of her own history.

Quote :
Sorry but you are not being harsh and you are all wrong. BTW, "dilusional" is not a word. I'm not anti-west African. West Africans just have this belief that all things "African" evolves around west-Africa. They have this belief that blacks in the diaspora suppose to have some sort of passion about that region. How can you say that I want to change my ancestry? What do you know about my ancestry. And what the hell is "dilusional preferences". That don't even make sense.

Quote :
Okay back to what I said. Americans had better experiences in East Africa than they did in West Africa. The East Africans were far more welcoming to Americans than West Africans. West Africans, for some reason, have a chip on their shoulder. Strange, that you ask me to be specific about Central and East Africa but you understood West Africa. Because of that, I can not be specific. I have a gut feeling you already get it.

Quote :
Descendants of slavery don't expect Africans to be docile. You are confusing us with the rest of the world. Actually, Americans think Africans are not macho enough. None of you on this forum is not being hard on me. It is strange you think Americans think of Africans on some totem pole. It is Africa itself that practice caste systems and "totem-polism". We are not thinking of no such thing. How strange. We just lose respect for people who don't have anything, desperate, and came from nothing yet practice nasty behavior. It just doesn't fit too well.

Quote :
like I said.....Ms Chaka Zulu.......many western Blacks see continental Africans as being below them on the race/nationality totem pole.
You just dont realise that you have been influenced/affected by the so called "rest of the world" in that respect for the past few hundred years....and it shows.

Quote :
meek and humble? Are we discussing servantry here?
Has it occurred to you that those other countries might have a stock in tourism? Of course countries that have establishments that are more equipped to catering to international tourists (whether it be whites or blacks, Europeans or Americans, etc) are going to be kiss-ass to their money-makers? There's nothing wrong with that but you should know that if your friends traveled outside of their tour-group and hotel into the cities (imaging ghettos in Africa) of course they will encounter less than humble or meek people who are not directly benefiting from tourism.
West Africa is simply not as active (w/maybe the exception of Ghana and Nigeria) in the tourism industry, although they are trying.
I have been visiting W. Africa for 3 months at a time every other year, since I moved away from there as a child 20 years ago and have experienced the hectic-ness and sometimes sheistyness of city-life (where there are a majority of French and Lebanese) and the comfort and warmth of the village scene, even from other villages where they did not know us or my family.

The only thing we haven't really experienced is the tourism sect as, like I said, there isn't much of. We haven't experienced the hotel with a pool, a tour group, with a kindly tour-guide/translator who was our "meek and humble" companion (that got pizzaaaiiiiid).
There is nothing wrong with touring, and I'm not trying to insinuate that the experiences on an established tour are not authentic (although I do think that there is a tendency to filter out as much of the negative aspects as possible when dealing with tourists).

Plus, has it even occurred to you that even if there was a difference of treatment of AA in these countries you are talking about v.s. the W.A. countries that you are referring to, that it would most likely be a consequence of the love and acknowledgement they feel from Americans and the rest of the world coupled with the knowledge of the rewards that tourism provides and the proven benefits of having tourists return to your country?
There are plenty of places in W.A. where many of the people rarely see americans (especially Black americans) or never see any in their life?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:17 am

Loved your comments Nica
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyThu May 01, 2008 2:36 am

Traveller wrote:
Loved your comments Nica

Thank you. Cool photo in the gallery.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyThu May 01, 2008 4:29 am

Nica wrote:
Traveller wrote:
Loved your comments Nica

Thank you too. Langston Hughes neva lied to nobody!
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people EmptyThu May 01, 2008 4:31 am

Traveller wrote:
Nica wrote:
Traveller wrote:
Loved your comments Nica

Thank you too. Langston Hughes neva lied to nobody!

West Africans are not nice people 36_1_20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Africans are not nice people   West Africans are not nice people Empty

Back to top Go down

West Africans are not nice people
Page 1 of 1