Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Liberian senate leader resigns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Liberian senate leader resigns Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Liberian senate leader resigns Empty
PostSubject: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:11 am

4 hours ago
MONROVIA (AFP) — The head of the Liberian senate on Tuesday resigned from his post after being accused of corruption and following a boycott from lawmakers.
"If those who put you in power don't want you any more, you have to leave. I am resigning as president pro-tempore of the Liberian senate," Isaac Nyanibo announced during a senate session.
He had been under mounting pressure from his colleagues to resign following a five month crisis in the Liberian upper house which saw a majority of the senators boycotting sessions after Nyanibo was accused of embezzlement.
Last Friday, 23 of the 30 senators signed a petition asking for the resignation of the entire senate leadership after a vote of no-confidence.
The vice president of Liberia is officially the leader of the senate, though the president pro-tempore leads the day-to-day affairs of the upper house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Liberian senate leader resigns Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 pm

they need to get their act together
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Nyenabo should have seen this coming after he was reinstated on constitutional ground by the Liberian Supreme Court. In these kind of setting u listen to your consitutuency not the leader of the other branches of Government. Nyenabo was in the pocket of Ma Ellen and as head of the First branch of government, it didn't sit well with his colleagues. Wish him the best in representing his county. Hope the Senate will elect their new leadership and move on with the process of governing and providing the neccessary oversight as require by that august body...
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Liberian senate leader resigns Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 pm

bellah..u in liberian geeze o! da who u called? comrade vlah? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 pm

He never should have been elected pro temp in the first place
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 pm

krazzy wrote:
bellah..u in liberian geeze o! da who u called? comrade vlah? Laughing

I spoke to couple of Senator including Comrade Vlah and they gave me an indepth info about Nyenabo longevity as leader of the senate KR. They were tire with the man for the fact that he was to much in Ellen's pocket instead of making their body independent. Democracy at the work and this was what we struggle for and i am happy to see it work yahhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberian senate leader resigns   Liberian senate leader resigns Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1