Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Step Away From the Blender

Go down 
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Step Away From the Blender Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Step Away From the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Step Away From the Blender   Step Away From the Blender EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Good Morning,

I'm pretty confident that what I am about to share with you is going to make you laugh. But, I pray it will also make you think as well. So please be prepared to do both.

On yesterday, I received an email from a friend of mine, who was struggling with the terms of a New Year's fast and consecration her church had recently began this past Sunday.

Although she is a devoted believer, and understood fully the importance of fasting, she honestly did not know if she was going to make it through the entire journey.

Here's her email (name has been removed to protect the guilty):
"this may sound crazy, but I came real close to putting a piece of chicken in my blender the other night. Not to sure if I can keep up this liquid-only thing. Pray for me..."

{Insert Big Laugh Here}
Although I'm sure you will agree with me that her email was a bit extreme, I can't help but to wonder how many of us as believers, now only a week into the New Year, have already given up on some life goals we set out to accomplish this year? Are we really (as believers) this undisciplined?

This year, what bad habit have you already returned to that you know you need to get rid of?
Or have you returned to a relationship you know God has already told you to leave alone?
And after all the pep talk on New Year's Eve, are you still going to sit back and believe that your boss, your spouse, or some wrinkled up bank receipt, is controlling your destiny in God?

Again I ask: are we really (as believers) this undisciplined?
I realize this phrase may now be a week old, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.
Happy New Year Everyone!
It is 2009. It is time to move beyond where you were last year.
I refuse to allow myself, my family, or anyone within my reach, settle for less than what God has already empowered them to accomplish this year. And neither should you.

So, just in case you're feeling a bit discouraged today, and have already begun to cast doubt on some goals you've set for this year, feel free to read this over and over again today.

And please. If you don't do anything else...
STEP AWAY FROM THE BLENDER.

Have a Blessed Day !
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1