Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏

Go down 
+2
krazzy
Geyla Queen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Empty
PostSubject: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:38 am

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 4:00 AM

LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Alg_brigette_harris
LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Moz-screenshotBrigette Harris was photographed at Rikers Island, where she is awaiting sentencing.

A Queens judge Friday slapped Brigitte Harris with the toughest sentence possible for killing and dismembering her father to avenge years of sexual abuse.

Supreme Court Justice Arthur Cooperman sentenced Harris to five to 15 years for the suffocation slaying of Eric Goodridge in her Rockaway apartment on July 28, 2007.
Harris admitted plotting to sever her father's penis with a scalpel by researching the case of Lorena and John Bobbitt. She wanted to prevent Goodridge, 55, from returning to his native Liberia with his granddaughters, she said. "I never intended to kill him, and I'm sorry for his family's loss," she told Cooperman.
Cooperman acknowledged the findings of mental health professionals who agreed Goodridge repeatedly sexually abused his daughter from age 3, but he cautioned against victims taking
the law into their own hands.

"Sometimes the crime itself warrants punishment," Cooperman said. The judge also chided jurors for giving in to sympathies for Harris in reaching a second-degree manslaughter verdict that was
inconsistent with the facts. Four jurors attended Friday's sentencing and, in letters, urged
Cooperman to set Harris free so she could seek psychiatric care. Harris attorney Arthur Aidala said were it not for the jury, Harris, 29, would probably be spending the rest of her life behind bars.
"They handcuffed the judge from committing an injustice," Aidala said. "Brigitte has shown no remorse," countered Harris' aunt, Comfort Lawrence.

Monday, July 30th 2007, 4:00 AM

• 'Dark Angel' kills & mutilates her stepdad over sex abuse: probers
LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Amd_brigitteharris
Brigitte Harris is the suspect in a brutal slay of Eric Goodridge in her Queens apartment.

LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Amd_tomobrien A cop removes evidence yesterday from Brigitte Harris' apartment.

She lured her stepfather to a Queens apartment, then handcuffed, asphyxiated and sexually mutilated him - all to settle a horrific score from two decades ago, sources said.

Cops investigating the twisted slaying of Eric Goodridge, 55, believe stepdaughter Brigitte Harris, 26, cut off his penis to exact revenge for alleged sex abuse when she was a girl, law enforcement officials said yesterday.

Harris, who called herself the Original Dark Angel and Lady Vengeance, left chilling notes in her Rockaways apartment accusing Goodridge of abuse and justifying her crime, sources said. "He wrecked my life," read one note found near her stepfather's body Saturday. "At first, I blamed myself. Now I know it's not my fault," another said.
"She planned this - it was premeditated," a law enforcement source said. "In her mind, it was justified vengeance."

Police recovered a bloody knife and caught up with Harris after she checked herself into a mental hospital and ranted incoherently about the slaying.

Goodridge, an emigrant from the West African nation of Liberia, had arrests for reckless endangerment in 1978 and menacing in 1982, but no details were available. Harris was born in 1981.

Police said Harris sent e-mails to Goodridge to lure him to her apartment. Then she handcuffed him to a chair, gagged him with duct tape and throttled him until he died, authorities said.

He was already dead when she cut off his penis, officials said, noting there would have been much more blood if he had been alive when it was severed.
"This is a homicide that had meaning and reason," said one source. "It is like a movie, let me tell you."

The cause of death was "homicidal violence, including gagging and neck compression," according to a medical examiner's spokeswoman. Goodridge lived in Staten Island when he was married to Harris' mom. He later married another woman, who died five years ago.

That woman's mother defended Goodridge yesterday as a decent dad to his other children, who are now orphaned. She acknowledged hearing rumors that Goodridge had abused Harris - but she didn't think it was true. "I would die if I could believe that," said his former mother-in-law. "He wouldn't pay child support, but I wouldn't believe that."

But a former brother-in-law said he had also heard of the sex abuse claims long before Goodridge's shocking death.
"It stands to reason if someone pulls a Lorena Bobbitt, there's a good reason," he said.
Harris has twice made criminal complaints against her stepsister Carleen Goodridge, once for grand larceny and once for assault.

Carleen Goodridge said she couldn't talk about the dark family secrets behind the slaying.
"It will all come out," she said outside her home in Staten Island.

Harris works for a private security company at Kennedy Airport and is not a government airport screener, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration said.

Eric Goodridge

Eric Goodridge was buried in Rhode today at a private funeral service. fifteen people attended. By: Tina Gray on August 6, 2007 at 8:56 pm ...

LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ -73259d05ca2cafaf
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:45 am

here is the link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/11/07/2009-11-07_despite_jurors_support_abused_killer_gets_515_yrs.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:30 pm

LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ 221947

The cause of death was "homicidal violence, including gagging and neck compression," according to a medical examiner's spokeswoman. Goodridge lived in Staten Island when he was married to Harris' mom. He later married another woman, who died five years ago.

That woman's mother defended Goodridge yesterday as a decent dad to his other children, who are now orphaned. She acknowledged hearing rumors that Goodridge had abused Harris - but she didn't think it was true. "I would die if I could believe that," said his former mother-in-law. "He wouldn't pay child support, but I wouldn't believe that."
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 am

Is he a decent "Decent Dad" because he abused somebody else's child?

If you had any doubt or suspicion that your child was being abused, what would so overpowering to keep you from reacting and defending her?

Will his legacy be that he died a violent death at the hand of another?
or
Will it be that his hands committed an egregious act upon another which lead to his death?
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
krazzy

krazzy

Female
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Sunshine

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am

tanq, nica.
Back to top Go down
elpaulay

Male
Number of posts : 49
Say Whatever : So What?
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Shh
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:49 am

I dont know, but you cant be going aroung cutting he ding-dong of every child abuser........There are many interesting cases of women sexually molested young men...Are we going to support the severing of the breast or other female body part.s of "she" molesters?....This is not only a gender issue-It also is also. New York doesnt support Sharia............
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:58 am

what happened is sad, Paul. i can only imagine how all those affected feel. i think our analysis is on the 'decent dad' piece that was thrown in by the aunt. what is it that made him decent? this brings to the fore the sometimes total lack of recognition of sexual abuse in the home-sometimes even incest is accepted as 'i planted my tree so i will be the first to eat the fruit'. i find it difficult to judge her cutting of his penis-i find it easy to say, i know how she felt. the comprehensive use of the justice, psychosocial and medical systems should help her if it is effective. the legal syste has done its part. despite the mental anguish, it was waiting for a case to respond. how many other young girls are giving their dads and stepdads head along the highway in the US? it starts then and erodes te child confidence and self-esteem-that child understands that to be used by those you love in a sexual way is 'normal'. sad sad situation-to quote ray charles.

he stole her spirit- and his biological daughter's. decent dad? someone just changed the meaning of the word.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 am

What a shameful act. R we really approaching the end time?
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
My Mood : LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Mellow

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 am

bellah wrote:
What a shameful act. R we really approaching the end time?

We most definately are. And the sad thing is...things wll get worse.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Bellah and Nica, the end time could have come long time ago. Molestation and mutilation are nothing new.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 am

agree, DSP.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:08 am

DSP wrote:
Bellah and Nica, the end time could have come long time ago. Molestation and mutilation are nothing new.

There is nothing new under the sun. Molestation and mutilation are but tiny fractions of the signs that point to the end of days. And the length of those days is totally relative, as our perceptions of time, and Gods', are not the same.

The end is but the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏   LIBERIAN WOMAN SENTENCED FOR PENIS-SEVERING DEATH OF HER STEP DAD‏ Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1