Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WELCOME TO AMERICA

Go down 
+10
krazzy
Mrs.JAY
DSP
gadyu
bellah
Mai
Jocelyn
Traveller
Geyla Queen
RossWorld
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 am

wetin will happen to u, traveller? :D
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:19 am

Traveller wrote:
Don't eat yellow snow!
lol! don't eat snow period

and go buy you a winter coat th_rightnow it'll be cheap this time of the year....because you coming --->WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Freezingcold freeze your ass off---> WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Freezingmybuttoff
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:46 am

krazzy wrote:

Oh! Yellow snow dah sahmballay nah peepee deh o! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:53 am

krazzy wrote:

hi Krazy... how've u been? long time.
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:41 am

Welcome Ross to the great USA. Even though I am way down here in Florida. Let me know if I can help. th_welcome th_cheers1
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 7:27 pm

i alret o, sis. how u? :)

Mai wrote:
krazzy wrote:

hi Krazy... how've u been? long time.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:30 am

Ross, so how was your 1st day in the US?
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:30 am

bellah wrote:
Ross, Bienvenue to the land of opportunity and just humble yourself in the place and all will be yours. Take care and let keep in touch. This is my number for any question u want to ask: 608-669-0880. Don't be ashame to ask question cuz that is the only way you will get to know the system.

Thanks Bellah, appreciate it. Planning of being at the July 26 celebration here in NJ. I heard there this IE and Kanyan Pepper game the same day. I guess I will meet most of you guys there. Look forward to seeing every one of you. And thanks again for the welcome
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:39 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
it was real freaking.....everything body think they better. Less talk...not community oriented as back home, and the experience is quite diffrent from back home. Worst of all, the home I'm stopping all my cousins (4) are all women.. freaking
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:41 am

Well, but I management it. Those of you that have been here for a long time, whn you back home, is it the same or you get adjusted easily?
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:47 am

RossWorld wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
it was real freaking.....everything body think they better. Less talk...not community oriented as back home, and the experience is quite diffrent from back home. Worst of all, the home I'm stopping all my cousins (4) are all women.. freaking

lol I told you everybody thinks they're better than you.
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:59 am

yeah..... will survive it... and will come better than them
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 am

RossWorld wrote:
yeah..... will survive it... and will come better than them

Just relax and dont' talk to much to too many people. Observer peoples behavior. Be friendly, but don't act like you need people to help you. Use your instincts. Try your best to learn as much as you can
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 6:34 pm

but ross oh, you aint stay one week yet and all your sentences da "freaking" th_pointlaff
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:09 pm

ross, one day i will tell you the origin of my moniker, krazzygirl123. dah america o. i used to pray i get up one morning in the middle of broad street or saigon.

dey one dah hard dah dey series. i lived in a town called brattleboro-a village-if u like. i called it as it is spelt-bra-ttle-boro. the americans and series speakers called it bra-ddle-boro. da one da na easy trobo. i am buying a ticket to brattleboro. excuse me ma'am, whatz yr final destination? brattleboro. no one knew what the hell i was talking about. after a few months, i was grudgingly saying it like them. same for water. scratch

another thing-u know how we lor look at people here-stare- and most times, no one cares? hmmm...da one dah trobo too. if u want do so, make sure it is max fleeting 2 secs, if not less. people get upset when u do the liberian thing-3 mins of looking at a person-even if u do not have bad intentions. :D

another thing-when u have someone who is watching yr back-that person is doing just that. people respect and value friendship-when it is made. keep a small circle and be kind. you will get it back in tenfold. if u r a christian, join a church. good starting point-networking, emotional support.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:34 pm

krazzy wrote:
if u r a christian, join a church. good starting point-networking, emotional support.

th_iagree but not a Liberian one
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Ross, in the immortal words of Bel, Biv, Devoe, "never trust a big butt and a smile."
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Female
Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 11:33 pm

chay......it's not that bad, Ross.... People everywhere are the same..... the character traits we have in the us aren't exclusive to us.......and, true, everywhere has it's own cultural norms and mores....u'll learn what's acceptable and what isn't along the way..... to be honest, i mysef hate now when someone just stare, especially on the path or subway.... i shoot them that 'fall back' look.......

but if you were successful in selecting good, trustworthy friends in LIB, you'll do the same here if u be urself...... i agree with kraz, choose a small circle n be kind... be true to yourself...trust ur instincts......de rules of the universe are the same here as they were in LIB.... u reap what u sow..... karma is a bi!ch.....u sow seeds of friendship, u'll watch ur relationships bloom......do unto others.....

i've been here for a minute and still don't speak cuhlow, just plain standard english.... maybe cuz i live and work in areas where there are more imigrants than americans, i don't find the need to.... we all understand each other or try to......brattleboro is another story....... th_mrgreen

krazzy dah day shud come soon enuf cuz we want hear the story!!!!
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:14 am

i telling u..on the streets of brattleboro, you hugs every black person you see (once every three months), consultant. u dont know when u will have that luck again. th_bighug
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:17 am

Thannks J, and guys ur say some good things............ I do accept what you guys saying are the realility... but I being hearing those kinds of things since I got her, and is freaking me out (sorry Brenda). Ur say something diffrent now.............kay........
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:18 am

your hello oh
its freaking Hot today th_mrgreen th_hi
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:20 am

Ross, that everybody feeling better will follow you for some time until you show them that you ar not just Ross. When I came first and stopped at my aunts house in Mich., every morning she will Febreze the basement couch where I slept.

When I came MN, I was the lawn boy for about a year. The first friend I made, liked my new credit.

When I finally came around, all these first people were like zoo animals to me. Peculiar.

Try not to be the peculiar one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Female
Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am

candygirl wrote:
your hello oh

it is on this end too!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:22 am

Jocelyn wrote:
candygirl wrote:
your hello oh

it is on this end too!!!!!!

oh for true???
i am not lookign forward to leaving to cool office after work for my hot car....
next time i wont play cheap.. i will buy the one with AC th_yes-1 No

whats up for the weekend girl???
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:24 am

candygirl wrote:
your hello oh

Hope you hot too...hello oh!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME TO AMERICA   WELCOME TO AMERICA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WELCOME TO AMERICA
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next