Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?

Go down 
+3
Traveller
Boerboel
rberry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rberry

rberry

Male
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-04-25

What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Empty
PostSubject: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 am

The Rev Jeremy Wright spoke this morning to the National Press Club in DC, what effect do you think his speech will have on the current US presidential race?
Back to top Go down
Boerboel

Boerboel

Male
Number of posts : 112
Say Whatever : All is fair in War but not in Love
My Mood : What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Shh
Registration date : 2008-04-12

What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:39 am

Obama and his handlers messed up. They ran too fast. The Rev. Wright is a brillient man, The conservative media (FOX) has just created a champion for justice in this world and in this country. Fox TV did not expect this, they calculated wrong and so did Obama.

rberry wrote:
The Rev Jeremy Wright spoke this morning to the National Press Club in DC, what effect do you think his speech will have on the current US presidential race?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 am

In one sense, its probably helpful that Rev. Wright is out there asserting who and what he is as opposed to having Obama forced into that position. The country is being forced to actually reconcile its beliefs about the Rev with the truth that is now being released. The country is also being forced now to introduce itself to the Black church tradition and experience. So some good may come of this and Obama will turn out to have been tangentially instrumental.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:02 am

I don't think Obama should be the one to explain whatever is thought of Rev Wright, after all Rev Wright is also a leader and can explain himself without Obama. In that way, Obama still benefits since Wright is his pastor and an icon in the black community.

I can tell you that on the other hand, if Hip Hop goes out all the way to back Obama or Obama have to explain it in a way that it is a part of black history, it will end up being a turnoff to many voters.

Same way charlie Rangel and Sharpton are not good vote getters for the campaign and Obama has succeeded in keeping them at bay
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Tolerant
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:09 am

(excerpt)

Wright said he's told Obama that if he is elected in November and is inaugurated in January, "I'm coming after you." He said that's because his differences are not with the American people, but U.S. policies.
"Whether he gets elected or not, I'm still going to have to be answerable to God on November 5 and January 21," Wright said.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04282008/news/nationalnews/rev__wright__criticism_is_attack_on_blac_108541.htm
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:44 am

What Rev. Wright feels is what is felt in the African-American community. I went to a HBCU and I heard this from most of my professors and a lot of the students. Blacks have a distrust of white America and can you blame them. No, look at slavery, colonization, segregation, Jim Crow laws, Lynching, Aparthied, the Tuskegee experiment and others just to name a few. People may say these things occurred a long time ago but they didn't. Segregation officially ended in the 70's but still occurs today. Apartheid just ended in the 1990's. A few years ago a black boy in Mississippi was Lynched for dating a white girl they never found his killers. Last year there was a black mayor in a town in Louisana who was killed the day he was supposed to be sworn in because they didn't want a black man to be a mayor of their town. The HIV scare is real look what happened with the Tuskegee experiment. This was not the only experiment conducted on blacks this was just the most recent ones we know of. Black men that had syphillis were given a placebo pill instead of the penincillin they needed and why because the US government wanted to see the progression of thedisease and it affects on the human body. In the black community a lot of people think the HIV virus was manufactured to kill black people because of this. So can you blame African-American community for not trusting white America.

Last edited by heru1976 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:04 am

Well, I think the Rev. is sound and educated. He was impressive at the NAACP Program. He seems to allow his emotion to control him sometime though. I agreed with those who think he should apologize for his controversial remark. The guy speaks five languages which i think is great. Hope he continued to walk on fine line and don't get tie up in the moment of time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?   What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days? Empty

Back to top Go down

What’s your view about Rev Jeremy Wright public appearances the past two days?
Page 1 of 1