Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bloody Monday In Monrovia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Bloody Monday In Monrovia Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Bloody Monday In Monrovia Empty
PostSubject: Bloody Monday In Monrovia   Bloody Monday In Monrovia EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Bloody Monday In Monrovia Riot10

Terrifying images of war years covered Monrovia Monday when youthful members of the opposition Congress for Democratic Change (CDC) emerged from their party headquarters to block roads, drawing in the police in pitch battles that left one person killed.

Police first used teargas to disperse the mob, but the mob became more defiant.

Gunfire was heard coming from CDC headquarters, and this left the situation to worsen.

Top police sources told this paper that one member of the police Emergency Response Unit (ERU) who had entered the fence of CDC headquarters was arrested with his life endangered as angry partisans took him hostage.
“The officer had to discharge his firearm in the process to save himself,” one source said.

But Police chief Marc Amblard told a press conference that preliminary reports suggest a Nigerian UNMIL officer may have fired after he was hit with a missile.

Justice Minister Christiana Tah, at the press conference, also dismissed claims that 3 people were killed as aired on the BBC. She further dismissed CDC assassination claims, pointing out that the government does not operate in such manners. She regretted the death of one person, promising that an investigation will be conducted.
As the police and CDC members battled out, CDC presidential candidate Winston Tubman, his running mate George Weah and Mr. Dew Mayson, an ally of the defeated National Democratic Coalition (NDC), were holed up in CDC’s headquarters.
Mr. Weah was the first to be sneaked out of the building in a party car, and Mr. Tubman was later taken in an UNMIL tank out of the fence. Mr. Mayson was also taken away safely.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f41/12/21/66/80/riotn10.jpg
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Monday In Monrovia   Bloody Monday In Monrovia EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 pm

i havent felt this scared in a long time.... my office is located near CDC Headquarters and i heard loud noise..screaming and whatnot.. by the time i came out of my office to see what was going on, i saw one of our staff running in the office yard screaming... tears running down her cheeks..says she had gotten caught up in the crowd while coming from town and was amoung those who had been tear gassed....

by then, saw an Immigration bus passing by on high speed... all the window glasses in it broken.... everywhere peopel were running....screaming.. all the while, i saw some boys throwing stones at teh police.. just about then, our security guards tols all of us to come back in the fence and we were locked inside....

we had to stay put for a few hours before we were allowed to leave..... on my way driving home, the streets around the old road area was littered with broken car glass and cement blocks....

all i could say was "lord, not again, please"
Back to top Go down
Sugar

Sugar

Female
Number of posts : 296
My Mood : Bloody Monday In Monrovia Cheeky
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Monday In Monrovia   Bloody Monday In Monrovia EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 am

Keeping in all in our prayers. Lord knows our lil country can't go through that again. This is just ridiculous. All for what??
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Monday In Monrovia   Bloody Monday In Monrovia EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:58 pm

For power
Back to top Go down
Sugar

Sugar

Female
Number of posts : 296
My Mood : Bloody Monday In Monrovia Cheeky
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Monday In Monrovia   Bloody Monday In Monrovia EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:51 pm

I swear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody Monday In Monrovia   Bloody Monday In Monrovia Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloody Monday In Monrovia
Page 1 of 1