Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island Empty
PostSubject: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 12:59 am

Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island News_707 Telee Brown Defeats Tamba Aghailas in Staten Island Election
By: Staff Reporter
Telee Brown, the Vice-President of the Staten Island Liberian Community Association, Inc., also called SILCA, has won the much-anticipated community election in the Liberian Diaspora. Brown garnered 210 votes, while Tamba got 181 of total ballots cast, bringing to closure an electoral process that produced an unprecedented amount of fireworks and tensions for the last six months…
Full Story
WWW.THELIBERIANJOURNAL.COM (The Liberian Journal)
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 am

Telee maybe a good leader for Silca if he work with all
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:44 am

bellah u know all these people eneh? smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:53 am

krazzy wrote:
bellah u know all these people eneh? smile_tongue

I knew Telee from the UL and he has been active in ULAA for some time now. We met at the Pittsburg Convention. KR is there a medium in Liberia that is reporting on the legislative politics exclusively in order for voters to know how they are making decision for their constituents.......
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
My Mood : Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island Sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:59 am

hmmm...the local dailies have weekly reports on legislative decisions and general news...it is separate from the other phorkor news that comes from out of there. Laughing i think there are programs where they go to communities-forum like activity. that info is documented by institutions like NDI.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:05 am

krazzy wrote:
hmmm...the local dailies have weekly reports on legislative decisions and general news...it is separate from the other phorkor news that comes from out of there. Laughing i think there are programs where they go to communities-forum like activity. that info is documented by institutions like NDI.

Great and i think u will agree with me that our pepo need to be able to access all decisions that will be taken by their elected senators and Reps...............By knowing these info then they will know who is working in their interests..............
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:11 am

i dont think so bellah. newspaper sales are as far as kakata from monrovia. there are fm stations that have wide coverage but info from ducor hard to hear in the villages o!
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:16 am

krazzy wrote:
i dont think so bellah. newspaper sales are as far as kakata from monrovia. there are fm stations that have wide coverage but info from ducor hard to hear in the villages o!

What can be done to get these voters know what their Senators and Reps are during from your perspective...
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:20 am

wht u think? smile_tongue da u dey progressive.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:27 am

krazzy wrote:
wht u think? smile_tongue da u dey progressive.

Question answering question...KR u are on the ground and your suggestion will be highly appreciated. however i am thinking about a newspaper know as the Legislative Times or giving other names that may report on legislative decision solelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for our pepo to know..
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:45 pm

dat sounds gud. it would be good to complement this with radio programs, focusing on community radio stations, using both english and the vernacular. there is a community radio station in every county.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island   Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island Empty

Back to top Go down

Telee Brown Wins Liberian Community Elections in Staten Island
Page 1 of 1