Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt Empty
PostSubject: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 am

Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt I-was-shot-three-times-by-racist-for-wearing-this-obama-shirt-415x275
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23564725-details/I+was+shot+three+times+by+racist+for+wearing+this+Obama+shirt/article.do

Quote :

A man told today how he was shot three times in the street for wearing a Barack Obama T-shirt.

Dube Egwuatu was buying a mobile telephone top-up card in a south London off-licence when the gunman confronted him and glared at the top, which carries an image of the Democrat US presidential candidate underneath the legend "Believe".

The man then launched into a tirade of racist slurs, shouting: "I f***ing hate n*****s" and urging 36-year-old Mr Egwuatu to leave the shop with him.

The man then left the shop in South Norwood but when Mr Egwuatu reemerged, the attacker was waiting for him in broad daylight with a threateninglooking dog and holding a gun behind his back.

Realising what had sparked the increasingly violent assault, the terrified Mr Egwuatu zipped up his jacket to cover the image of Mr Obama and walked to his car.

But the shaven-headed man followed Mr Egwuatu and after pulling open the passenger door pointed the gun at him.

After pleading with the man to leave him alone, the married former street warden put the keys in the ignition and turned the engine on.

The attacker then fired the gaspowered ball-bearing pistol three times, hitting the civil servant in the face, hand and shoulder.

Fearing for his life and bleeding heavily, Mr Egwuatu raced away in his car and found somewhere safe to call for help.

He was taken to hospital and later sent to have a piece of metal removed from his jaw.

Mr Egwuatu, a data analyst with Croydon Council, said: "The venom in his voice was frightening.

"He was telling me that he was going to kill me.

"I couldn't believe it was happening - and just because I was wearing an Obama T-shirt. He was trying to make me walk somewhere quieter, saying: 'I've got something for you,' and 'I'm going to kill you.'"

He added: "Obama inspires me, his educational track record alone is quite unbelievable, that is why I was wearing the T-shirt.

"I did not think for one minute it could stir up such powerful feelings of hatred and I never said a word to him."

Mr Egwuatu's wife, Angela, 35, said neither of them had experienced anything like it during their childhood in Nigeria.

Mrs Egwuatu, an immigration officer, said: "At first my feelings were pure horror and now it is pure anger.

"If he had been carrying a real gun I would have been a widow. It is just ridiculous.

"I don't know how a person's mentality works. Why would a T-shirt get you to the point where you want to shoot someone." To the untrained eye, ballbearing guns like the one used in the attack look every bit like a real firearms.

The potentially lethal weapons are often converted by criminals to fire real bullets, and can be bought easily in high-street shops and on websites.

The Met said it was investigating and that police searched a nearby house which the attacker was seen going into. No one has been arrested.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 am

this happened in London?
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:18 am

LadyFlo wrote:
this happened in London?

Yeah UK

I hear plenty people moving outta UK

They got Ghanians going back to Ghana from there, say things are better for them at home.

Only black people I see still going there are Nigerians
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:21 am

damn.. didnt know they were that racist... but then again a lot pretend and u just never know....
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:37 am

LadyFlo wrote:
damn.. didnt know they were that racist... but then again a lot pretend and u just never know....

yeah alot of them pretend

They do some weird stuff over there

Some racist white guys there will pretend to like a black girl or indian girl then set her up for assault. Weird stuff
Back to top Go down
Philomath

Philomath

Male
Number of posts : 306
Say Whatever : Hard work plus intelligent minus foolishness is equal to success.
My Mood : Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:05 am

This is really crazy, he should continue his racist habit and he will meet up with his match. Every natty dumbor has it's own soup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/handsomemetzger
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:19 am

Philomath wrote:
This is really crazy, he should continue his racist habit and he will meet up with his match. Every natty dumbor has it's own soup.

That is why Marcus Garvey says Africans should develop their homeland and return home one day to live in peace. For me i am jes here to hussle oh because my country can't give me the opportunity oh. Racist will alwaybe there my brother.
Back to top Go down
Philomath

Philomath

Male
Number of posts : 306
Say Whatever : Hard work plus intelligent minus foolishness is equal to success.
My Mood : Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:38 am

bellah wrote:
Philomath wrote:

That is why Marcus Garvey says Africans should develop their homeland and return home one day to live in peace. For me i am jes here to hussle oh because my country can't give me the opportunity oh. Racist will alwaybe there my brother.
That was well said by Marcus and quoted by you but sometimes I wonder how many African (especially Liberians) really thinking the similar to what Marcus spoke about? Many people are satisfy with their way of living and are not thinking about developing their homeland.

Speaking about hustling, you reminded me about Kat Williams' crazy song "everyday I'm hustling", that's the right thing to do. I have that same vision Marcus spoke about, I am a legal hustler and wishing to go back and do what I can do in mama Liberia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/handsomemetzger
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt   Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt Empty

Back to top Go down

Shot 3 Times For Wearing Obama Shirt
Page 1 of 1