Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In Memory of 9/11

Go down 
+2
Jocelyn
RossWorld
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : In Memory of 9/11 Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Dedicated to the men, women and children
who lost their lives; those brave people who gave their lives
And the Heroes that responded to the emergency
11 September 2001

Do you know any Liberian that died on 9/11
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Female
Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-05-02

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 pm

There was word that only one Liberian lady who lived in the Newark area died in one of the towers. Didn't know her though and don't recall the name ....
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 pm

On 9/11/01, i came to work before hearing that indeed terrorists have bumped the twin towersssss..very scary time in America..
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
Registration date : 2008-04-26

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:35 pm

Back in Liberia then, we got the news that judgement day has started in America. According to the news, planes and bombs were falling from the sky.. I was really scary, because I what it like, when bombs fall from above..........
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : In Memory of 9/11 Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:36 pm

I remember this day all too well...it was crazy at work that day
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Female

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:59 pm

hmmm.... I was in the heart of the chaos, well not exactly but close enuf....Back then, I worked on 34th street, not even a block from the empire state building.....We thought it was gonna get hit next and had to literally run outta that area....Had to walk through downtown to get home in Brooklyn... Luckily, I had slippers at work cuz I had to walk for more than 3 hrs....NYC was a mess... Ashes said here me here....

I pass that huge hole everyday and don't even think about it... As far as I'm concerened, worse things have happened. But today as I walked to work, which took an extra 15 min and was totally a hassle due to most of that area being blocked for the ceremonies, small tears came to my eyes...... Because throughout the world, it's always the innocent that suffer... I also thought about all the people who lost their loved ones and have to live thru these 'ceremonies' every year....But more selfishly, if I had gotten a job I had applied for earlier that year, I too could have been one of those stuck in that building trying to get out...
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
Registration date : 2008-04-07

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 am

hmmm..numah consultant.
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Female

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:17 am

I alreh K, don't mind me . With all my big mouth, I quick to cry so.... th_mrgreen I will not even talk about the lake I almost created my first few days in LIB....I couldnt control mysef...
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:47 am

I wen to work that morning in DC and really paid little attention to the radio. I heard about what was happneing but I thought the black radio DJ (Russ Parr) was joking. I left my office and went ot a meeting and when I came back to Connecticut avenue all hell had broken loose. People were walking around crying hysterically, I really thought it was judgement day for a minute. It took me four hours to get home and my wife and I did not have cell phones. I even gave a few strangers rides home from DC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Memory of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of 9/11   In Memory of 9/11 Empty

Back to top Go down

In Memory of 9/11
Page 1 of 1