Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe Empty
PostSubject: God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe   God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 pm

ystar ystar ystar ystar ystar has anyone read it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe   God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 pm

what is it about?? havent read it either..
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe   God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:18 pm

set in the 60's and 70's Midwest and focuses on the life of Annette Goode. Annette is an impoverished, intelligent, obese, lonely, fatherless child who is often left alone with Mr. Boatwright, a seemingly innocent, bible-quoting, one-legged boarder taken in to help her mother financially. She's basically an outcast who suffers from ridicule, racism, and low self-esteem inflicted from adults and children alike. The tale starts with Mr. Boatwright using Annette's weaknesses to molest her constantly throughout her childhood. Her life is turned around when her beautiful and popular neighbor, Rhoda Nelson, embraces her as a friend. The plot thickens as Annette and Rhoda's stories trace the progression of their friendship and the sharing and revelation of family secrets. The novel had some unexpected twists and a surprise ending (at least it didn't end the way I thought it would) which added to the appeal of the story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe   God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:57 am

Mary Monroe is one of my Fav Authour...I read that one and the sequel...God still dont like ugly.....Another Good book by Mary Monroe is Redlight wives....
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe   God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:32 pm

i will try to look for some books by her.

there is a big sale goign on right now at Knuckles place.. they are giving out books for 3 for 100L$.. so i been stocking up :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe   God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe Empty

Back to top Go down

God Don t Like Ugly and God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe
Page 1 of 1