Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lone Star vs Gambia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Lone Star vs Gambia Empty
PostSubject: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 10:56 am

SKD Sports Complex
4pm Liberian Time
Local TV
Local Radio

probable starting line up...........
Goalie:Melvin King

Defense: George Gebro, Murphy Nagbe, Esiah Benson, Jimmy Dixon
Mid-field: Duluee Johnson, Kevin Swegbe, Teo Weeks, Zah Kranga
Strikers: Anthony Laffor & James "koko" Lomell

Subs: Granpa Doe, Oliver Makor, Dioh Willaims,Sunday Seah, Ben Teekloh, Christain Essel
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Lone Star vs Gambia Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 9:53 pm

standing by for the latest info DR.. standing by
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 1:36 am

LadyFlo wrote:

I am told Kevin was removed from the starting line-up after he refused to accept Murphy Nagbe as captain........
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 1:50 am

Duport Road wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

I am told Kevin was removed from the starting line-up after he refused to accept Murphy Nagbe as captain........

well well.. did he want to be captain? ... i think playing and winning the game should supersede his problem with nagbe being captain.. anyway thanks and pls keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:13 am

Liberia 0 Gambia 1 at the half
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 3:32 am

Final score
1-1 (oliver Makor scored for Liberia)
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 am

Team left Monrovia via Royal Air Moroc ..........they will be at camp in Morocco before heading to algeria for the next match.

Kevin -There was an "incident" at the team hotel involving kevin the night before the game.....as part of his punishment he was stripped of the captain ban and was removed from the starting line up. He didn't like the idea so he didn't play.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Duport Road wrote:
Team left Monrovia via Royal Air Moroc ..........they will be at camp in Morocco before heading to algeria for the next match.

Kevin -There was an "incident" at the team hotel involving kevin the night before the game.....as part of his punishment he was stripped of the captain ban and was removed from the starting line up. He didn't like the idea so he didn't play.

Well a draw is better than losing.. good job Lone Star..

on Kevin issue.. i thought the mature players would know better and try to set the examples for the new upcoming ones by now.. man.. some things just never change do they.. th_no
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 pm

LadyFlo wrote:
Duport Road wrote:

Well a draw is better than losing.. good job Lone Star..

on Kevin issue.. i thought the mature players would know better and try to set the examples for the new upcoming ones by now.. man.. some things just never change do they.. th_no

Excactly.................oh well-back to the drawing board!
Team arrived in Morocco.........Picture will be available later today/ early tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Lone Star vs Gambia Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Congrat.. to the boys. What is your comment on the line-up for the game against Gambia... Many on this end are saying the coach should have started with the international legs (Grandpa Doe)...ect.. and later the locals...but another school of thought, it was the right decision. By this mean...he will prepare a strong local the experience they require.

One thing we ought to congratulate the organizers for, is the crowd control. despite the over crowdedness of the field, the was a very good crowd control, unlike that of Akon's show.
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:58 pm

i just heard some folks (about 7 or 8 were killed from stampede at the stadium again. is it true?
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Lone Star vs Gambia Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:33 pm

http://www.sportsline.com/soccer/story/10850186

Yes ohh, said the feild was too jam packed. people died from suffucation and not stampede
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 am

RossWorld wrote:
http://www.sportsline.com/soccer/story/10850186

Yes ohh, said the feild was too jam packed. people died from suffucation and not stampede

oh ok.. thanks for the correction but its still sad though
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 7:44 pm

That is what happens when you do not have the following
1. Good Ticketing/Seating system
2. Crowd Management system

It is unfortunate- my prayers ....................
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:01 pm

they people trying small samll u boy smile_approve .. although they need to put in more effort..
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:05 pm

thank God i didnt even want to go sef...
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm

candygirl wrote:
thank God i didnt even want to go sef...

Thank God for true..
Back to top Go down
Duport Road

Duport Road

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:04 am

Duport Road wrote:

Kelvin Sebwe is quoted by the LFA official to have apologized after being left out of the team against The Gambia for indiscipline.
Yet, Mr. Williams declared that Sebwe, based in Greece, is now part of the Lone Star squad after apologizing and has assumed his duties as leader of the team but not as captain. This could mean that Murphy Nagbe will continue as captain against the Desert Foxes of Algeria this weekend.
Sebwe fell in trouble with the Lone Star technical staff when a female visited him at the Lone Star camp on the eve of the match.
Although Sebwe met the female visitor outside of the team’s camp, goalkeeper trainer Kasimu Sillah asked the veteran player to return to his room. But, the move later prompted exchange of words between the two, thus leading to Sebwe’s exclusion from the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lone Star vs Gambia   Lone Star vs Gambia Empty

Back to top Go down

Lone Star vs Gambia
Page 1 of 1