Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Authors or books

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Favorite Authors or books Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 2:36 am

Wondergirl :D
my favorite authors/books
My favorite authors:

My career public health: Richard Preston: the hot zone, the coming plague (need to read this again)

Romance: Danielle Steele…..I haven’t been reading for a bit…so who knows…when I get back into it after April 25th , we’ll see if anyone tops her as my favorite romance author

Inspirational: Joel Osteen, I have to also checkout TD jakes, but haven’t had time to get into anyone else yet

Ancient and medieval time favorite books/authors- my favorites: well I like Apuleius (although I read only one book-the Golden Ass- the real author is believed to be from Africa and I guess using a fictitious name??)

Things fall apart- Chinua Achebe-need to read it again

The Shakespeare series, the comedies, the tragedies etc
Twelfth Night, Macbeth, Hamlet,

Chaucer Geoffrey Canterbury tales: always have a copy of this…can’t get tired reading the stories….
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Favorite Authors or books Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Her Majesty wrote:
My favorite authors:

My career public health: Richard Preston: the hot zone, the coming plague (need to read this again)

Romance: Danielle Steele…..I haven’t been reading for a bit…so who knows…when I get back into it after April 25th , we’ll see if anyone tops her as my favorite romance author

Inspirational: Joel Osteen, I have to also checkout TD jakes, but haven’t had time to get into anyone else yet

Ancient and medieval time favorite books/authors- my favorites: well I like Apuleius (although I read only one book-the Golden Ass- the real author is believed to be from Africa and I guess using a fictitious name??)

Chaucer Geoffrey Canterbury tales: always have a copy of this…can’t get tired reading the stories….

thats comprehensive girl... ok, lemme list mine....

school.. ewww... been outta school for a bit now.. but i did love the book ( forgotten the autnhor, will check it out) on Organizational Behavior.. one of my all time fav courses in college.

i di a few Daniel Steel years back.. perhaps wen you have time we can go over a few of her books. i esp liked The Ring, Palemero, The Gift.... stopped reading her for a while now.. cuz they all basically had the same theme... nice story.. then a terrible tradegy.. then happiness... ugh... give me more plot! hahaha

ok, so then i started with Sydney Sheldon.... ah.. the man was a genius...!!
ok, here is a list of his i have read...the ones in Red, i love sooo much.. will need to get copies to keep...

the Other side of Midnight,
Memories of Midnight,
Windmills of the Gods,
Naked Face (1970)
A Stranger in the Mirror (1976)
Bloodline (1978)
Rage of Angels (1980)
Master of the Game (1982)
If Tomorrow Comes (1985)
The Sands of Time (1988)
The Doomsday Conspiracy (1991)
The Stars Shine Down (1992)
Nothing Lasts Forever (1994)
Morning, Noon and Night (1995)
The Best Laid Plans (1997)
Tell Me Your Dreams (1998)
The Sky Is Falling (2000)
Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2004)

then i read a lot of James Patterson.. right now, he and Patricia Cornell are my two favs.....
for aptterson.. i have almost ALL of what he has put out... i have most at home.. some i borrowed out and folks didnt return Sad ok.. the ones in red, if you havent read them, please do, they are GREAT!...

• The Thomas Berryman Number
  • Season of the Machete
  • Virgin
  • Black Market (published again in 2000 as Black Friday)
  • The Midnight Club
  • Along Came A Spider (Alex Cross Series)
  • Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross Series)
  • Jack & Jill (Alex Cross Series)
  • Hide & Seek
  • Miracle on the 17th Green (with Peter De Jonge)
  • See How They Run (published previously as The Jericho Commandment)
  • Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Series)
  • When the Wind Blows
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross Series)
  • Black Friday (previously published in 1986 as Black Market)
  • Cradle & All (previously published in 1980 as Virgin)
  • Roses are Red (Alex Cross Series)
  • Violets are Blue (Alex Cross Series)
  • Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club)
  • Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross Series)
  • Beach House(with Peter De Jonge)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, with Andrew Gross)
  • The Lake House (sequel to When The Wind Blows)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, with Andrew Gross)
  • London Bridges (Alex Cross Series)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, with Maxine Paetro)
  • Honeymoon(with Howard Roughan)
  • 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, with Maxine Paetro)

for medival books.. hmmm.. i like the romantic ones... castles, maidens.. dragons slaying.. i have read a lot of such, but dont recall any names off head...will have to chec

African books.. yup, things fall apart, and some liberian folklores i cant recall right now...

Patricia cornwell.. ahh.. haha.. got almost all of hers as well. th_mrgreen
i read a lot of Court room drama ( i like John Grishmas as well) . forensic evidence kinda books...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 pm

wondergirl wrote:
Her Majesty wrote:
My favorite authors:

thats comprehensive girl... ok, lemme list mine....

school.. ewww... been outta school for a bit now.. but i did love the book ( forgotten the autnhor, will check it out) on Organizational Behavior.. one of my all time fav courses in college.

i di a few Daniel Steel years back.. perhaps wen you have time we can go over a few of her books. i esp liked The Ring, Palemero, The Gift.... stopped reading her for a while now.. cuz they all basically had the same theme... nice story.. then a terrible tradegy.. then happiness... ugh... give me more plot! hahaha

ok, so then i started with Sydney Sheldon.... ah.. the man was a genius...!!
ok, here is a list of his i have read...the ones in Red, i love sooo much.. will need to get copies to keep...

the Other side of Midnight,
Memories of Midnight,
Windmills of the Gods,
Naked Face (1970)
A Stranger in the Mirror (1976)
Bloodline (1978)
Rage of Angels (1980)
Master of the Game (1982)
If Tomorrow Comes (1985)
The Sands of Time (1988)
The Doomsday Conspiracy (1991)
The Stars Shine Down (1992)
Nothing Lasts Forever (1994)
Morning, Noon and Night (1995)
The Best Laid Plans (1997)
Tell Me Your Dreams (1998)
The Sky Is Falling (2000)
Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2004)

then i read a lot of James Patterson.. right now, he and Patricia Cornell are my two favs.....
for aptterson.. i have almost ALL of what he has put out... i have most at home.. some i borrowed out and folks didnt return Sad ok.. the ones in red, if you havent read them, please do, they are GREAT!...

• The Thomas Berryman Number
  • Season of the Machete
  • Virgin
  • Black Market (published again in 2000 as Black Friday)
  • The Midnight Club
  • Along Came A Spider (Alex Cross Series)
  • Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross Series)
  • Jack & Jill (Alex Cross Series)
  • Hide & Seek
  • Miracle on the 17th Green (with Peter De Jonge)
  • See How They Run (published previously as The Jericho Commandment)
  • Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Series)
  • When the Wind Blows
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross Series)
  • Black Friday (previously published in 1986 as Black Market)
  • Cradle & All (previously published in 1980 as Virgin)
  • Roses are Red (Alex Cross Series)
  • Violets are Blue (Alex Cross Series)
  • Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club)
  • Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross Series)
  • Beach House(with Peter De Jonge)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, with Andrew Gross)
  • The Lake House (sequel to When The Wind Blows)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, with Andrew Gross)
  • London Bridges (Alex Cross Series)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, with Maxine Paetro)
  • Honeymoon(with Howard Roughan)
  • 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, with Maxine Paetro)

for medival books.. hmmm.. i like the romantic ones... castles, maidens.. dragons slaying.. i have read a lot of such, but dont recall any names off head...will have to chec

African books.. yup, things fall apart, and some liberian folklores i cant recall right now...

Patricia cornwell.. ahh.. haha.. got almost all of hers as well. th_mrgreen
i read a lot of Court room drama ( i like John Grishmas as well) . forensic evidence kinda books...

so this a great idea to start the bookclub...I can catch up from your names....my sister loves shidney shelton, haven't had a time to dive in his books too much neither....have them though....I have this think about collecting books...lol....my concept is, when I am done, I'll have all the time to read....

medieval writings for some odd reason are my favorites....love the tradegies and the comedies....

Okay....
what will be our first book? It would be nice to start with a Liberian author...but then folks might not have access....

oh speaking of Liberian authors....I love Angela Peabody....Exiled...there are so many books, but I lose track sometimes...don't you?...lol
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Favorite Authors or books Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Her Majesty wrote:

oh speaking of Liberian authors....I love Angela Peabody....Exiled...there are so many books, but I lose track sometimes...don't you?...lol

and or they all start running together th_mrgreen

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Her Majesty wrote:

Okay....
what will be our first book? It would be nice to start with a Liberian author...but then folks might not have access....

Amazon and B&N usually have a good selection to buy right scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
Her Majesty wrote:

Okay....

Amazon and B&N usually have a good selection to buy right scratch

yep....but also look in your city for book outlets...you get in, and you just don't want to leave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
Her Majesty wrote:

and or they all start running together th_mrgreen

th_mrgreen th_mrgreen ...I know...especially with Danielle steele books, you take the ring for jewels in a sec.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 pm

so this a great idea to start the bookclub...I can catch up from your names....my sister loves shidney shelton, haven't had a time to dive in his books too much neither....have them though....I have this think about collecting books...lol....my concept is, when I am done, I'll have all the time to read....

medieval writings for some odd reason are my favorites....love the tradegies and the comedies....

Okay....

oh speaking of Liberian authors....I love Angela Peabody....Exiled...there are so many books, but I lose track sometimes...don't you?...lol[/quote]
havent read any angela peabody... will look aroun though.. i am sure our library might have somethin on her.... will get back to your monday .. let me ask around for her.. if not, is there an alternative we could go with ...?

sista.. i loose track too... most i cant remember the name.. or i may see the name, know i have read it, but not remember the story lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:00 am

wondergirl wrote:

Okay....

havent read any angela peabody... will look aroun though.. i am sure our library might have somethin on her.... will get back to your monday .. let me ask around for her.. if not, is there an alternative we could go with ...?

sista.. i loose track too... most i cant remember the name.. or i may see the name, know i have read it, but not remember the story lol!
[/quote]

so far...I have read Angela Peabody's book of poem and exiled....we can start with something else....do we want to start with The Red Tent....it is a historical fiction of women in ancient time/ with a religious slant.....this novel is great...I started it, my sister came by...took it, and refuse to give my book back to me......trust me we go through that all the time...she took my italian leather bag too and that's it....but when I am ready...shhhh...all her books going....lol....anyway, she said it was really good....

the Red Tent I think it is by Anita Diamante or Diamant....about to look it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:32 am

Her Majesty wrote:
wondergirl wrote:

Okay....

so far...I have read Angela Peabody's book of poem and exiled....we can start with something else....do we want to start with The Red Tent....it is a historical fiction of women in ancient time/ with a religious slant.....this novel is great...I started it, my sister came by...took it, and refuse to give my book back to me......trust me we go through that all the time...she took my italian leather bag too and that's it....but when I am ready...shhhh...all her books going....lol....anyway, she said it was really good....

the Red Tent I think it is by Anita Diamante or Diamant....about to look it up[/quote]

it is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : Favorite Authors or books Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:55 am

I love anything by James Patterson. I love psychological thrillers. One of my favorite books of all time is Miseducation of the negro by Carter G. Woodson. I used to read a lot of Danielle Steele when I was younger. Oh and I am a Sci-fi junkie.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:34 pm

heru1976 wrote:
I love anything by James Patterson. I love psychological thrillers. One of my favorite books of all time is Miseducation of the negro by Carter G. Woodson. I used to read a lot of Danielle Steele when I was younger. Oh and I am a Sci-fi junkie.
you love patterson too??? yeppie!! which ones have you read that you like???? i love Kss the girls of them ALL
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:36 pm

this weekend i read Hannibal by Thomas Harris.
last week, i had read Red dragon by the same guy.. any of you read either of these before??...?? what you make of Hannibal??
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:09 pm

wondergirl wrote:
last week, i had read Red dragon by the same guy.. any of you read either of these before??...?? what you make of Hannibal??

I watched the movie for both...loved it th_mrgreen , but you know it all started with "silence of the lamb" right
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:12 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
wondergirl wrote:

I watched the movie for both...loved it th_mrgreen , but you know it all started with "silence of the lamb" right
so i learned.. i will need to look for the Silence of the Lambs to get the full picture...
damn.. i cant belive she went with him liek that....
so he drugged her ehn??
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Her Majesty wrote:
Her Majesty wrote:
wondergirl wrote:

Okay....

the Red Tent I think it is by Anita Diamante or Diamant....about to look it up

it is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant[/quote]

i will look for this one.. let me see if they have it online forst....
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm

wondergirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
wondergirl wrote:

so i learned.. i will need to look for the Silence of the Lambs to get the full picture...
damn.. i cant belive she went with him liek that....
so he drugged her ehn??

th_zippit read the book : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:23 pm

ok ok.. i will look for it.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:36 am

it difficult for me reading a book that a movie has being made of already. it kinda of spoil the surprise, mystery, suspense etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Authors or books   Favorite Authors or books Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Authors or books
Page 1 of 1