Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) Empty
PostSubject: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:17 am

The most powerful force on earth is an idea, because everything in existence began as an idea. The source of an idea is a concived thought, and ideas are the source of IDEOLOGIES.
Every form of believe system begins with an ideologies and ideologies fromed the foundation of your ife.
Don't you know because of this, this world is being ruled by dead men.
The word "democrata" is the ideology on how to rule a country was invented by Plato, Aristotle and Socrates, which gave birth to democracy, that rule the world today. America is rule by democracy, Liberia is rul by democracy... the world is rule by dead men.
WHAT IS YOU IDEOLOGY??
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:22 am

What good are pencils an paper if it used to light coal pot an clean ears....jclif

A carpenter who has not been properly trained to use his tool of trade uses his hammer to kill rather than build...jclif
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:25 am

you can't not kill an idea with a bullet, when you do the idea only mutiplies...
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male
Number of posts : 262
My Mood : The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) Lurking

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:32 am

Okay okay, I got one...let me see.... scratch .....

Demostrations and crisis...the only road to democracy...
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:34 am

never try to kill a man with an idea, because idea can not be destroy....rather exchanged...
Knowledge is when some one idea comes into your mind and replaces your formal ideas.....reading a book...
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:43 am

No HB... the only way to defeat a bad idea, is with a better one...
that's why we are lossing the war on terriosim, because you can't destroy terriosim in our world today by trading bombs against bombs. U got to get to the mind of the terriosts, because his idea become his ideologies which is the source of his behavior....
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:48 am

Simple, the most important battleground is the mind....I still say demostrations and crisis is the only road to democracy...if the elites and powerful are left unchecked by demostrations and crisis they will continue to excises their dictatorial leaderships around the world...
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:55 am

No HB, I disagree... the mind is not a battle ground, rather a weapon, and most powerful weapon we fight with on this battle ground... If your concepts is wrong then your conclusion will be wrong.. snd wrong concept the wrong concept produces misconception or error..... violence..is a misconception to counter check our leaders..
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:01 am

terrorism is a relative term......the one u call terrorist is my hero......The war on terror is actually George bush's war of Perpetual Errors......He wasnt looking for Weapons of mass destruction.....Instead he was trying to spread weapons of "Mass Distraction" to steal Iraqs Oil....The SHate back fired because these so called terrorist are protecting their sovereignty and oil with the last drip of their Blood....I only wish Africans were that protective of their dignity, self-respect and resources....

Last edited by jclifden on Wed May 07, 2008 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:04 am

you were alluding to the war on terror...simple, in this war the mind is the most important battleground...in almost many wars the mind is the most important battle ground...if the mind is a weapon, than the battle is where?....the contents of the mind may be weapons....but I can netrulized my enemy without a single shot fired....and that is Psychological warfare, the type of war every good warrior pursues.....how do you think it took Taylor less than six months to reach the outskitchs of Monrovia...he won the battle for the minds, or better yet, Doe had lost that battle to Taylor's advantage....The greatest battleground is the mind.
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:07 am

The product is not more important than the purpose... the purpose give the product its meaning...
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:16 am

The mind has the purpose, what comes out of it is the product....so it can't be a battle ground..
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:21 am

If you say so.......both Machiavelli and Sun Tzu in their most qouted works agree with this idea...that it is important to win the minds...in the great war of ideologies, the cold war...the battle was for the minds, and the West eventually won that battle...people believed that democracy was better than communism...
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:25 am

Matt. 13:45.. the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls, when HE FOUND one of great value, he went awayand sold everything he had and bought it...........THE MESSAGE....THE METHOD....THE MANDATE
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:27 am

Men die, but ideas don't.....
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:34 am

That's why you don't kill men with ideas... "
It`s unbelievable that African leaders are allowing this humiliation to
occur. Beware! a precedent is being set. Now the
US can transport any African leader they dislike to the Hague on
trumped up charges"
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:40 am

http://www.fortaylor.net/TaylorStory.htm
under the Farwell Speech, download the speeh of "the three cows"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)   The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Philosophy corner (The Power of Thought)
Page 1 of 1