Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???

Go down 
+11
Shorbo
Edina
krazzy
LadyFlo
jclifden
RossWorld
candygirl
Geyla Queen
HB***
gadyu
bellah
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Empty
PostSubject: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:10 pm

As we celebrate the late Samuel Doe's birthday tomorrow May 7, 2008 former President of Liberia, I just want us to share our own experiences in the village about his leadership. While it is true that Doe was a dictator, it is also true that he did some good things for Liberia. He provided scholarship for all students at the UL who wanted to study Agriculture. Solicited scholarships for Liberians who wanted to study abroad thru many scholarship program notable among them was the Nancy B.Doe scholarship program. Building of GOL own ministries, construction of the SKD sport complex..just to name fews and hope to hear from others...
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:20 pm

He was a villain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
HB***

HB***

Male
Number of posts : 262
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Lurking
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:25 pm

He was a Vileroian...

Last edited by HB*** on Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:26 pm

He give me scholarship though, but I am a Liberian now so .....
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:26 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
gadyu

gadyu

Male

Okay, she scratching again, let us talk about Reagan....
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:27 pm

i think it depends on which side of the line/zone you find yourself.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:28 pm

gadyu wrote:
Okay, she scratching again....
th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Find yourself on the liberian zone, forget about the Vai, Krahn, Congau, chinese part.... th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male
Number of posts : 262
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Lurking

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:30 pm

candygirl wrote:

bah, everyone's hero is someone else's villian...and everyone's villian is another's hero...so I say he was a Vileroian....
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:36 pm

HB*** wrote:
candygirl wrote:

bah, everyone's hero is someone else's villian...and everyone's villian is another's hero...so I say he was a Vileroian....

hahahaha
thats the word of the day
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:37 pm

He was a villian and my meaning of a villian in describing him is this 'The bad person in a stage or screen play.'
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:39 pm

but ross what kinda text book thing dat so?? th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:41 pm

bellah, do u know of any planned program in honor of him tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Giving out scholarships while ordering the wholesale slaughter of pregnant women and children ....hmmmmmmm

We have to look at what he inherited in 1980 and what he left behind in 1990

To me its seem as though he left behind more dead bodies than educated minds...
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:49 pm

I am standing right behind you on that one....
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:59 pm

RossWorld wrote:
bellah, do u know of any planned program in honor of him tomorrow?
I know of one on the 10 of May in Philly though...
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:52 am

jclifden wrote:
Giving out scholarships while ordering the wholesale slaughter of pregnant women and children ....hmmmmmmm

We have to look at what he inherited in 1980 and what he left behind in 1990

To me its seem as though he left behind more dead bodies than educated minds...

wow
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:28 am

my favorite skd moments:

first-one of his first interviews with international journalists-he was asked on the possible shift of liberia's economic and foriegn policy stance. he answered ( all dis time, his oldma got her hand around him), no, nothing will change. we will carry on the same policy. oh...for economic...the minister of planning and economic can ansa dat. in my mind i thot, then why did we do what we did if there will be no change?

second-when he mentioned that he will measure u know what as a mark of political power, masculinity. damn, so if they man own bigger and longer, it mean u na president?

my most terrible skd moments:

first-julu moving around on cuc campus asking for the gio and mano students. this could not be possible. then we heard the well and chaildren story and knew that life was not what it seemed

second and most horrible-the lutheran church massacre. still in shock

third-the death squads. anyone could have died. anyone!

was he hero or villians...it is not that simple. what lies in the middle and as jclif says...what did he meet and what did he leave? more to that-why did he meet that and what was his STORY?

liberia is more than black and white (no pun intended)
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Tolerant

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:03 am

humph, this other question Bellah nah ask here......

I was 12..... Aye God! I remember hiding in the neighbors yard listening to gun shots and glass shattering, spying the GI them rolling on the ground and shooting at our home as if they were acting out a war movie. I remember the truck loads of soldiers coming to complete the job " to find those people them" and "finish them". I remember them talking about going to homes of friends and families " to see if those women and gehs dems get dey same thing". I remember my uncle being slaughtered because he had the same name like somebody else they were looking for. I remember. I remember, I remember and I have nightmares to this day.

I will not be celebrating or honoring him.

krazzy wrote:
my favorite skd moments:

first-one of his first interviews with international journalists-he was asked on the possible shift of liberia's economic and foriegn policy stance. he answered ( all dis time, his oldma got her hand around him), no, nothing will change. we will carry on the same policy. oh...for economic...the minister of planning and economic can ansa dat. in my mind i thot, then why did we do what we did if there will be no change?

second-when he mentioned that he will measure u know what as a mark of political power, masculinity. damn, so if they man own bigger and longer, it mean u na president?

first-julu moving around on cuc campus asking for the gio and mano students. this could not be possible. then we heard the well and chaildren story and knew that life was not what it seemed

was he hero or villians...it is not that simple. what lies in the middle and as jclif says...what did he meet and what did he leave? more to that-why did he meet that and what was his STORY?

Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:17 am

th_sorry hugs e.

Edina wrote:

I was 12..... Aye God! I remember hiding in the neighbors yard listening to gun shots and glass shattering, spying the GI them rolling on the ground and shooting at our home as if they were acting out a war movie. I remember the truck loads of soldiers coming to complete the job " to find those people them" and "finish them". I remember them talking about going to homes of friends and families " to see if those women and gehs dems get dey same thing". I remember my uncle being slaughtered because he had the same name like somebody else they were looking for. I remember. I remember, I remember and I have nightmares to this day.

krazzy wrote:
my favorite skd moments:

Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Tolerant

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:24 am

I tell you K, you try to put the memories way back, deep in the back of your mind, but you can't forget it. I've made some good memories to replace the bad ones and keep moving on (but bad memories tend to pop up every now and then)
krazzy wrote:
th_sorry hugs e.

Edina wrote:

krazzy wrote:
my favorite skd moments:

Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Edina wrote:

wow : smile_sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Shorbo

Male
Number of posts : 5
Say Whatever : I LOVE GIRLS
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? InLove
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:33 am

Samuel Doe was the starting of our problem ma people,may his soul rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Kutuku

Kutuku

Male
Number of posts : 62
My Mood : Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? InLove
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:34 am

I have a simple response to this; the punk got what he deserved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???   Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Samuel Doe a hero or Villian???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next