Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?

Go down 
+2
jclifden
bellah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? Empty
PostSubject: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:35 am

As ULAA law makers converge on Motown-Detroit, Michigan, many are wondering whether they will finally make a decision on the 2002, 2004 ULAA Election LAW. You are all aware that the 2002 Election Law gave the President of each chapter the right to select 15 delegates to elect the leadership of ULAA. The 2004 Election Law as adopted by the Kesselly's Board and waiting implementation stated that the 15 Delegates should be elected by each ULAA's s Chapter members before being seated at the convention.

On the other hand, as democracy spread thru out the globe where the need for one man one vote has been advocated and has proven to be the most convenient way of electing leaders that will represent the dreams and aspiration of the their people, some of us attending the ULAA Board meeting will be selling the concept of One Man One Vote. It is our hope that other delegates will see reason in helping us to reform the electoral process in ULAA which will stop the election bickering in ULAA.

I want to state here that such a process is inexpensive and will at the same time promote ULAA to the average Liberians in the Diaspora. The One Man One Vote will also make Liberians in the Diaspora to feel more attach to the ULAA leadership. The time has come for all Liberians in the Diaspora to be part of the decision making process of ULAA instead of few people going to a convention somewhere to decide for the majority.

I hope delegates going to Motown will trash out the 2002, 2004 Election LAW and introduce a new Election Law known as the 2008 Election Law which will call for One Man One Vote..

How this will work:

· The president of ULAA will appoint Election Committee Chair; each chapter president will then appoint a member to the election committee.

· Votes registration can be setup in each State, $10 per person, with the hope that money raise can be use for a Relief Project (only member in good standing in his or her chapter will be allow to register & vote) …

· Have the early voting a week before the convention, have the election result satisfy by each campaign representatives and State election chair.

· Set up two or three debate before the convention (East, Mid-West or South).

More detail for One Man One Vote to come…….. Please forward this email to as many Liberians as you can….

Sam N Garwo,
1948 Barrington Circle
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin 53590
608-345-8408
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 am

ULAA only represents old Liberian peopo......This organization only existential purpose is to serve as an incubator for future political jobs in Liberia.... ULAA like the OAU is an antiquated organization without any real political or social accomplishments. ULAA needs to be laid to rest or radically transformed into a non political organization

Last edited by jclifden on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am

jclifden wrote:
ULAA only represents old Liberian peopo......This organization only existential purpose is to serve as an incubator for future political jobs in Liberia.... ULAA like the OAU is an antiquated organization without any real political or social accomplishments. ULAA needs to be laid to rest of radically transformed into a non political organization

th_goodpost
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:00 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
jclifden wrote:
ULAA only represents old Liberian peopo......This organization only existential purpose is to serve as an incubator for future political jobs in Liberia.... ULAA like the OAU is an antiquated organization without any real political or social accomplishments. ULAA needs to be laid to rest of radically transformed into a non political organization

th_goodpost

That is why we want to involve every body in the decision making process now. So that u can have the right to vote in your local th_rightnow th_rightnow th_rightnow
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:50 am

Bellah....What are we voting for...The United LIARS Association of America's mission and vision is completely ol school and out of touch with current social and political landscape abroad and backhome.....So wettin we votin for...??? Please Explain???

I WOULD LOVE TO GET INVOLVE...BUT IM SORRY ULAA HAS NEVER SPOKEN FOR ME AND QUITE FRANKLY THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT REPRESENT ME...
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:37 am

ULAA is a voluntary,
nonprofit and
non-governmental
organization formed
on July 4, 1974 at
Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania, United
States of America.
The mission of ULAA
is to advance the
just causes
of
Liberians and
Liberia at home and
abroad.

Just what exactly are our "JUST CAUSES" and have those "Just Causes" been advanced yet....??
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Yes jclif. Infact ULAA has more work to do. Some of their leaders may have betrayed the cause but on the average ULAA played a pivotal role in helping to establish multi parties democracy in Liberia. In the United State, ULAA is now making sure that our brother on TPS/DED will not be sent home after it expiration. There are more work tobe done and i think with your superb knowledge of ULAA u can help make a difference bro. We are now taking ULAA in the social service arena. Where ULAA will develop program on how it can reintegrate or brothers and sisters coming on the resettlement program tothe US. More work to be done and more soul to save...
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:37 pm

The only thing I want to know, when they take Immigration out of ULAA, what will they then advocate for?

Bellah, ULAA is an empire. The torch is handed down from incmptnt to inco....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female
Number of posts : 344
My Mood : ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? Breezy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 pm

jclifden wrote:
ULAA is a voluntary,
nonprofit and
non-governmental
organization formed
on July 4, 1974 at
Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania, United
States of America.
The mission of ULAA
is to advance the
just causes
of
Liberians and
Liberia at home and
abroad.

Just what exactly are our "JUST CAUSES" and have those "Just Causes" been advanced yet....??

I just posted the question on CCL! It's not clear what ULAA's function/purpose is! All I hear about are elections and all this political ranting..
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberianyouthnetwork.org
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:21 am

ULAA remains a good concept but it is hamstrung under its own weight and at times by the basic organizational ineptitude of SOME of its officers.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female
Number of posts : 344
My Mood : ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? Breezy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:20 am

Traveller wrote:
ULAA remains a good concept but it is hamstrung under its own weight and at times by the basic organizational ineptitude of SOME of its officers.

smile_approve smile_approve smile_approve smile_approve
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberianyouthnetwork.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?   ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote? Empty

Back to top Go down

ULAA Election- Why Can It Be One Man One Vote?
Page 1 of 1