Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) Empty
PostSubject: Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)   Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) News_623 Something on My Mind: U. S. Election Mania
By: Theodore T. Hodge
Is it possible for Barack Obama to win the popular vote in the upcoming national election by a sizable margin and still lose the election; I mean without being cheated? I know many of you are already wondering about my sanity. But please be assured that nothing is wrong with me --- at least not yet. Let me rephrase the question before I answer it: Is it possible to lose an American presidential election even though one wins the popular vote? The answer is, yes. Some of you have already figured out how this strange scenario could happen legally.
Full Story
WWW.THELIBERIANJOURNAL.COM (The Liberian Journal)
Back to top Go down
rberry

rberry

Male
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)   Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Hell NO......... Obama gonna win upright come November 4th.....
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female
Number of posts : 344
My Mood : Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) Breezy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)   Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 pm

rberry wrote:
Hell NO......... Obama gonna win upright come November 4th.....

EXACTLY so--I have NO doubt in my mind!
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberianyouthnetwork.org
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)   Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 pm

I possitive about him winning but back to Kpelleboy question.. yes indeed it possible to win popular vote and loss the election. remember not all registered voters participate inthe popular vote actually vote.. some are not even qualify to vote... so to answer him.. yeah it possible..

but in Barrack case... if that happens.. it'll be CHAOS for sure cuz i got no doubt that his about to make history and become "America's First Black Male President"!!!
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)   Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:29 am

"I hope my preferred candidate, Senator Barack Obama, wins both the popular and electoral vote counts in order to avoid any controversy. It is also important to understand why Senator Obama continues to campaign hard in every state and region despite being put ahead in every poll. Given the strange math that can lead to winning or losing this great battle, it is better to keep on pushing. The opponents just may be good at doing some voodoo math. We don’t want any surprises; we want to keep our sanity. I hope I speak for a quite a huge part of the population by expressing that sentiment." THodge

I appreciate your eloquence in analysing the electoral and popular votes in American politic. As it tis Barrack understands it and he is showing better in GOP states and will win almost all the states John Kerry won.

In any case this election is history cause either the first black President or the first female vice President. America has come a long way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)   Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Something on my Mind: US Election Mania (Is it Possible to Win one and lose the Election?)
Page 1 of 1