Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Empty
PostSubject: Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby   Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Genetics experts have been amazed by the birth of a blonde, blue-eyed white baby - to a black couple.

Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby 209701014-blonde-bombshell-black-couple-s-white-baby.jpg?x=310&y=231&q=75&wc=321&hc=240&xc=40&yc=1&sig=fNeKAZqs4DN
Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Enlarge photo

Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby White_10

Doctors insist tiny Nmachi is not an albino and neither of the parents has any mixed-race family history. Dad Ben Ihegboro, 44, a railway customer services adviser, said: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything.

"The first thing I said was 'What the flip?'."
Nmachi, whose name means Beauty of God in the Nigerian homeland of parents Angela and Ben, was born at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, Kent.

Doctors there told them she is not an albino.
"She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books," Ben told The Sun. "She just looks like a healthy white baby."

Ben added: "Of course, she's mine. My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.
"We don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist. But even then, what's with the long curly blonde hair?"
Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University, said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."
He said that both parents would have needed some form of white ancestry for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.
"The hair is extremely unusual," Prof Sykes said. "Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."
Some form of unknown mutation was the most likely explanation, he added.

The couple, of Woolwich, south London, have two other children, four-year-old Chisom and sister Dumebi, two.
Mum Angela, 35, told the paper: "Nmachi's colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby. But still, what on earth happened here?"
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby   Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:37 am

Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Icon_eek Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby   Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 am

i say!! i just hope those white doctors didnt do anything hanky panky
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby   Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:31 pm

candygirl wrote:
i say!! i just hope those white doctors didnt do anything hanky panky

I know right Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby 129222
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
MARCUS11

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby   Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:09 am

God bless !free counters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby   Blonde Bombshell: Black Couple's White Baby Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1