Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR

Go down 
+3
Josie
LadyFlo
bellah
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR Empty
PostSubject: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:00 pm

How was your trip and we waitin for deep briefing ohhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:43 am

is that where you u been hiding KR? cuz i was missing u smile_approve
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes o shez been on total biziness and we anxiously await the briefing
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:01 pm

good morning ladies and gentlemen! Laughing miss u all too and yes, i got news...small bad and plenty good. later when we finish talking.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:34 pm

bad news??? No
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:05 am

i wan hear the news nah.. lol
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 am

me too th_yes-1
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:39 am

aye lawd, yor na put me on the spot. i will explain it tomorrow! Laughing one great news is that we have a good team working out there. the communities and local government are on board and support our 'theory of change'. the recent trip was to work with the communities to establish specific directions and options to end violence against women and girls, using the rape and inheritance laws as guidance. we worked with six communities: 3 in river gee and 3, grand gedeh. the process was two phased and the exciting aspect was working in the communities, outside of zwedru. sad point...in a focus group discussion with 12 girls with age range 14-22, only two of them had not had a child (the 14 yr old girl had a baby). they considered themselves to be old and one 16 yr old girls said, 'when i was young, i had high energy for sex but now i have a baby, i do not rush to do it'. it hit me in my belly. the good news is that we are going to work with them for the next three years to address immediate needs and work with the ministry of education girl education unit; and with the local government and communities to ensure that these girls are protected and they remain in schools.

it was also interesting when the women and girls stated that the major issue in the town was 'sex for grades'. it ended in a quarrel between the women (esp those married to teachers). the woemn claimed that the teachers sleep with the girls (basically statutory rape) because of the way they dress...showing their 'junction'. candy intepret that one for the room o!

i gone. more tomorrow.

smile_kisses smile_kisses
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 am

"......showing their junction.." No Damn, we geh fah way toe go!
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:40 am

Thank u KR for the briefing. More work to be done yah...
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:32 am

Traveller wrote:
"......showing their junction.." No Damn, we geh fah way toe go!

yep.. but u know what the junction is T? th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks Sis K for the update..

it's still amazing that the women can still claimed that the teachers sleep with the girls (basically statutory rape) because of the way they dress...showing their 'junction'.
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 pm

[quote="krazzy"]they considered themselves to be old and one 16 yr old girls said, 'when i was young, i had high energy for sex but now i have a baby, i do not rush to do it'. it hit me in my belly.

She really naive, just one child and she na make such decision ??????? th_no
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm

i think it is more abt the perceptions and values of the community vis-a-vis women and girls, josie. it is abt lost youth.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 pm

That why GOL and community activists need to create a perfect road network that will allow people to move in and out of the comfort zone.

Last edited by bellah on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 pm

chay nyensua, bellah. yr owna political talk cannot fini o. they need to work on that road (physical). it looks far (10 hrs) when it could be less than 7. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female
Number of posts : 129
My Mood : Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR Innocent
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 pm

[quote="krazzy"]i think it is more abt the perceptions and values of the community vis-a-vis women and girls, josie. it is abt lost youth.[/quote] scratch just 1 child, and a 16yr..what youth is lost there? I think she meant something else..you know country girls can express themselves all kind of ways that they don't mean sometimes smile_approve
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 pm

[quote="Unique1"]
krazzy wrote:
i think it is more abt the perceptions and values of the community vis-a-vis women and girls, josie. it is abt lost youth.[/quote] scratch just 1 child, and a 16yr..what youth is lost there? I think she meant something else..you know country girls can express themselves all kind of ways that they don't mean sometimes smile_approve

you joking, right unique??
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 12:19 am

I am not...or do you think a 16 year old should feel old because she has one child?
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:44 am

acually i think i misunderstood you. disregard
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:21 am

ha ha..candy hi. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:17 pm

krazzy wrote:
chay nyensua, bellah. yr owna political talk cannot fini o. they need to work on that road (physical). it looks far (10 hrs) when it could be less than 7. Laughing

It is an age old problem and something will have to be done... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:53 pm

candygirl wrote:
acually i think i misunderstood you. disregard
I really think you did and I understand why..excuse accepted Shocked
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:04 pm

krazzy wrote:
Hi K, can you explain what you mean when you think a 16 yr old has "lost youth" because she has a child? Don't get too used to people agreeing with you...and shying away from something that don't seem to be coming from your school of thought. So girl, with all due respect, let's discuss your findings instead of this brief comments here and there where people are not understanding each other. I intend to stay on this forum, but it has to be more challenging than it is now...Liberians are smart people and their contributions to issues should more than mere 'table cooperation'.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Unique1 wrote:
krazzy wrote:
Hi K, can you explain what you mean when you think a 16 yr old has "lost youth" because she has a child? Don't get too used to people agreeing with you...and shying away from something that don't seem to be coming from your school of thought. So girl, with all due respect, let's discuss your findings instead of this brief comments here and there where people are not understanding each other. I intend to stay on this forum, but it has to be more challenging than it is now...Liberians are smart people and their contributions to issues should more than mere 'table cooperation'.
Rolling Eyes i knew there was more to this th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR   Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome back from River Gee and Grand G KR
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next