Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts Empty
PostSubject: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Sarah Obama, Barack Obama's Kenyan, paternal grandmother, will soon arrive in Washington DC for her grandson's inauguration on January 20.

The AFP reports that Sarah will bring some unusual gifts for the new president:

NAIROBI (AFP) -- A three-legged stool and a traditional Luo oxtail fly whisk are some of the household items that could bring a new feel to the Oval Office, courtesy of Barack Obama's Kenyan grandmother.

Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts S-pate10

Quoted in the Standard newspaper Monday, she said she had hoped to bring him a traditional spear and shield from her Luo tribe when she flies to Washington on Friday with some other family members.

The AP reports that Sarah will attend an unofficial inauguration ball with representatives from the Kenyan government. The article also mentions that President-elect Obama is not well-acquainted with his grandmother, who is actually the stepmother of his Kenyan father.

In "Dreams from My Father," Obama described meeting Sarah Obama during his 1988 trip to his father's homeland, earning a handshake as a greeting and awkwardness as they struggled to communicate.

"Our mutual vocabulary exhausted, we stared ruefully down at the dirt until (half-sister) Auma finally returned," Obama writes in "Dreams from My Father."

"And Granny then turned to Auma and said, in a tone I could understand, that it pained her not to be able to speak to the son of her son."
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 pm

gud for her!!!! smile_approve
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 am

Luv it!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
My Mood : Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts Sad

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:06 am

i say, are they being sacarstic???

A three-legged stool and a traditional Luo oxtail fly whisk are some of the household items that could bring a new feel to the Oval Office, courtesy of Barack Obama's Kenyan grandmother
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 am

candygirl wrote:
i say, are they being sacarstic???

A three-legged stool and a traditional Luo oxtail fly whisk are some of the household items that could bring a new feel to the Oval Office, courtesy of Barack Obama's Kenyan grandmother

I think they are being sarcastic.... Hope she makes it over ok...
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
My Mood : Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts Sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 am

who cares, candy? sarcasm did not stop barack from reaching where he is today. she coming anyway. smile_approve
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:52 am

krazzy wrote:
who cares, candy? sarcasm did not stop barack from reaching where he is today. she coming anyway. smile_approve

hahaha.. and her three legged stool stays in the Oval office.. to hell with dont like th_boogie lol!

she needs to send for one mortar and pestle for them to beat GB ... th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:19 am

She need to bring him some Nigerian movies too!
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:23 am

they have their own going ons in east and southern africa o...the brother sleeping with his sis in law because his brother can not make his wife pregnant...i say the nigerians have taken over africa all the way Laughing
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:25 am

Traveller wrote:
She need to bring him some Nigerian movies too!
th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am

krazzy wrote:
they have their own going ons in east and southern africa o...the brother sleeping with his sis in law because his brother can not make his wife pregnant...i say the nigerians have taken over africa all the way Laughing

i know, right.. DS TV? th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:28 am

i see your oh
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:48 am

She is bringing the African Flavor to the inauguration...What a great event it will be...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts   Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarah Obama, Barack's Kenyan Grandmother, Heads To Washington With Gifts
Page 1 of 1