Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. Empty
PostSubject: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:57 am

Let me be clear here that the Judiciary can hear cases before it involving the other branches of government if the constitution or statutes of the other branches of government are violated and a party to said conflict is seeking legal redress in a democratic society. The senate fiasco involving Protemp Nyenabo vs the majority is no exception. This is not what they call interference. This is call exercising your right within the confines of the rule of LAW.

The Judiciary interprets the LAW, The Executive enforces the LAW--But Ma Ellen is not during shitttttt...and the Legislators make LAW
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:07 am

bellah wrote:
--But Ma Ellen is not during shitttttt...and the Legislators make LAW
Explain it now???
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:59 am

bellah wrote:
--But Ma Ellen is not during shitttttt.
th_no which country u've been in to make this remark.. oh yeah in america.. but dont hate Bellah cuz the woman is doing soemthing
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:11 am

LadyFlo wrote:
bellah wrote:
th_no which country u've been in to make this remark.. oh yeah in america.. but dont hate Bellah cuz the woman is doing soemthing

When it comes to the rule of law, Ma Ellen is not enforcing the decision of the Supreme Court especially when it is not in a favor. For example Snow vs the House of Representative. The Court rule that the Virginia setting of the House was illegal and Ma Ellen went there to address them thereby undermining the decision of the court. Until she can begin to be fair we are threading a dangerous path.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:59 am

What you perceive as right is not always expedient. Does a Jehovah witness have the right to deny blood transfusion for a child because the child is in the Jehovah church?

If the child does not get the transfusion he/she may die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:12 am

bellah wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:
bellah wrote:

When it comes to the rule of law, Ma Ellen is not enforcing the decision of the Supreme Court especially when it is not in a favor. For example Snow vs the House of Representative. The Court rule that the Virginia setting of the House was illegal and Ma Ellen went there to address them thereby undermining the decision of the court. Until she can begin to be fair we are threading a dangerous path.

Do you believe the President is suppose to do everything? she cant please everyone and going to Virginia sure do not undermine any courts ruling.. and when u talk about enforcing Supreme Court decision.. Johnny Lewis is capable enough to get that done on his own...
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:26 am

LadyFlo, It is not the role of Johnny Lewis to enforce court decision but rather inteprets them. Ellen as head of the Executive should be enforces decision of the courts. That how the constitution wants them to operate not me babe........
Back to top Go down
Zunu

Zunu

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:16 pm

bellah wrote:
Let me be clear here that the Judiciary can hear cases
before it involving the other branches of government if the
constitution or statutes of the other branches of government are
violated and a party to said conflict is seeking legal redress in a
democratic society. The senate fiasco involving Protemp Nyenabo vs the majority is no exception. This is not what they call interference. This is call exercising your right within the confines of the rule of LAW.

The
Judiciary interprets the LAW, The Executive enforces the LAW--But Ma
Ellen is not during shitttttt...and the Legislators make LAW

I am troubled by the lack of wisdom in your argument.
Perhaps, you need to take a step back and reexamine the case with some elements
of rationality. Is it really good politics for the executive branch of the
government to interfere in the internal matters of another branch? I am sure
you are aware that executive branch of the government exercise legal control
over the law enforcement agencies and the military. Thus, it has power with
teeth. The same cannot be said of the other two branches of the government.

If the senate refuses to obey Justices Wolokollie’s order, what
can the court do? What should the President who is head of the executive branch
do? Should she send in the troops? I hope you are aware that there were
presidents in our recent who would have gladly welcome such opportunity and the
outcome would not be pretty.

What took place in the Liberian senate among the senators
might be foolish, stupid and unjust but it is a political matter. It is not a
constitutional matter. The man was not discriminated against because of his
tribe, his religion or his age. He was not charged with crime. His rights and
properties were not taken away from him. The man was removed because of
internal struggle within the senate. The action is political and not
constitutional matter. The court has absolutely no fish the fry in that oil.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Zunu, my brother it is the constitutional responsibility of the Executive to enforce the LAW. When the Law is intepreted by the Judiciary in term of a ruling by the court then it is the Executive right to enforce that decision be it infavor of them or not. The Legislative branch is not above the LAW.

The decision of Justice Wolokollie is a stay pending the full review of the supreme court. It is the responsibility of the Executive to enforce such decision of the high court. However the situation we find our selves in is that the Executive will only want to enforce a LAW when it is in their favor which is very dangerous for constitutional democracy. It brings to play a mockery of the Executive branch. The sepration of power doctrine will only stand the test of time if the rule of LAW is upheld.

If the senator had argue among themselves and nobody sue each other before the court then the Judiciary will not interfere. When there is an aggrieve party then it become a conflict and when there is lawsuit before the court then the court must act to avoid lawlessness. No branch of government is immune for legal action my friend. So each branch of Government mus t play their part for democratic fairness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............   The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco............. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Role of the Judiciary in the Senate Fiasco.............
Page 1 of 1