Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr. Dolo on NPFL's Lewis Brown Hearings at TRC: A must REad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Dr. Dolo on NPFL's Lewis Brown Hearings at TRC: A must REad Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Dolo on NPFL's Lewis Brown Hearings at TRC: A must REad   Dr. Dolo on NPFL's Lewis Brown Hearings at TRC: A must REad EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:34 am

Dr. Dolo on NPFL's Lewis Brown Hearings at TRC: A must REad News_492 The Lewis Brown Saga: A Moment of Sobering Self-Reflection for a New Generation
By: Emmanuel Dolo, PHD
I had a personal rude awakening moment this last gone week that could not stop urging me to write this article. Well, in earnest, the moment began when I witnessed Lewis Brown’s testimony at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission hearings in Monrovia. I heard Mr. Brown and could not leave my seat, because I wanted to hear his thoughts. They were intriguing. They mirrored some of my views about what has gone wrong in the Liberian society. Nationalism is in short supply and Liberia is gasping for air to survive. At the end of his rhetorical flourish, I asked him for a copy of his speech, and later managed to secure one from a source. I fed on the speech like one of my previous school boy assignments. I wanted to understand his insights keenly so as to draw some lessons from there for a future book. There was so much substance in that speech than one could hope for.
Full Story

WWW.THELIBERIANJOURNAL.COM (The Liberian Journal)
Back to top Go down

Dr. Dolo on NPFL's Lewis Brown Hearings at TRC: A must REad
Page 1 of 1