Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting read.....

Go down 
+2
singbe67
candygirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Interesting read..... Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Interesting read..... Empty
PostSubject: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 pm

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always
there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.

He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a Gift. Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't
speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.

Today before you complain about life - think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before whining about the distance you drive think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still around.

I PRAY THIS MOVES AROUND
THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE...
Back to top Go down
singbe67

singbe67

Male
Number of posts : 201
Say Whatever : Life is a State of Mind
My Mood : Interesting read..... Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:43 pm

candygirl wrote:
There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always
there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.

He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a Gift. Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't
speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.

Today before you complain about life - think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before whining about the distance you drive think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still around.

I PRAY THIS MOVES AROUND
THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE...

AMEN!!!!! So inspiring Candy!!!
Back to top Go down
McNeal

McNeal

Male
Number of posts : 138
Say Whatever : The opposing wind, like a kite, will take me higher
My Mood : Interesting read..... Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 pm

10 points...
So true
Back to top Go down
http://mcnealious.hi5.com
agatha

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:54 pm

this is very touching it brought tears to my eyes i sure will pass it around.
Back to top Go down
cajun2k2

cajun2k2

Female
Number of posts : 190
Say Whatever : Back home!!!
My Mood : Interesting read..... Bookworm
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:28 pm

Wow! That was powerful!
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Interesting read..... Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:24 am

10 points too small 100..... very inspiring dear. thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read.....   Interesting read..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting read.....
Page 1 of 1