Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC Empty
PostSubject: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 8:26 am

Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC News_462 “Prince Johnson Is A Pathological Liar”
By: James Kpargoi, Jr.
Monrovia, August 26, 2008: The Interim Government of National Unity (IGNU) changed Liberian banknotes because banks were looted during the civil conflict, former Interim President Amos Sawyer said. Dr. Sawyer said banks around the country had been looted and looters were holding containers of money, which, he said, precipitated the change of the JJ Roberts Banknotes in circulation, just before the coming into being of the Five-man transitional leadership. “We treated the issue of our currency as a national security matter. We did it in consultation with ECOWAS and we put a lot of looters out of business by the change of banknotes,” Dr. Sawyer said. Sawyer, now Chair of the Governance Commission, was testifying before commissioners of Liberia’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Thursday, at the historic Centennial Memorial Pavilion in the capitol, Monrovia.
Full Story
Back to top Go down
McNeal

McNeal

Male
Number of posts : 138
Say Whatever : The opposing wind, like a kite, will take me higher
My Mood : Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:27 am

In every lie, there is some truth... I think the real fact of the matter is that lies are lies when they are clarified.

As we all know, there is no good war: as was being claimed by Hon. Johnson, but for the sake of awarding those whom awards belong (as Mr. Konneh aka 'More-mortal' was insinuating for removing formal Pres. Taylor) - I rather giving a token of appreciation to former Gen. Johnson for a bit of law and order amidst lawlessness.

We begun an argument in my community yesterday with mix anticipation for Dr. Sawyer's clarification in either admittance or denial to the claims of Hon. Johnson. I just told everyone in a sentence: tomorrow Dr. Sawyer will speak so so big big book and be finish. Surely, he did...and not yet reaching most of the allegations upon him levied.

Yes, we all know that banks were looted, but considering the state at the time with the land-mass division and substances to back an economy that D. Sawyer was claiming to recapture... I fully recall just before then that things (prices) were very good. The timing seemed right, the reason as explained yesterday not substantiating simply because that was an easy way to amass fast riches. Mr. Taylor had +75% of the country and controlled the economy back then. The J.J. Roberts' note survived Dr. Sawyer's massacre and stood stronger til Mr. Taylor got to Monrovia.

...and if you give him the chance, he's gonna do it again. People played with our lives and future only for their own gains and play mockery out of us...

...instead of investing economically into the country, they do that by pumping in money to have blood spilled and in return gain power...
GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY...for it's only you who see the (wicked) hearts of men.
Back to top Go down
http://mcnealious.hi5.com
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:11 pm

sawyer's statement on the looting of the bank and the response was corroborated by others including external parties (mark huband's the liberian civil war). prices were good but who had the money-taylor's people! i do not think we shd fault sawyer for the quality of his language. prince johnson is also speaking from his perspective which is not divorced from his experience and worldview. last, if prince actions was characterised by law and order then so be it. we cannot turn back the hands of time. liberians will survive despite the pain!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:14 pm

what is the essense/reason of the TRC again?
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 pm

http://www.ictj.org/static/Africa/Liberia/liberiatrcact.eng.pdf
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 pm

krazzy wrote:
http://www.ictj.org/static/Africa/Liberia/liberiatrcact.eng.pdf
th_mrgreen Rolling Eyes waste of money in my view... reopening of healed and healing wounds....
justifying atricities (sp).....................
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 pm

possible but i am sure we all have different views. i think the process was manipulated from the CPA talks in ghana, after bryant won to ensure that we did not have a war crime tribunal-but that is jes my owna conspiracy theory. :)
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:30 pm

no, not conspiracy theory... small fire behind that smoke th_yes-1 all of them knew why they opte for TRC, rather than war crimes court
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:34 pm

and they all knew their interests now that bryant was chairman. ehn u see why i changed my pic to flowers? september coming again.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:38 pm

i say!.................. nu ma boo : smile_sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC   Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC Empty

Back to top Go down

Prince Johnson VS Amos Sawyer at TRC
Page 1 of 1