Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Empty
PostSubject: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:38 am

Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties News_420 Liberian Government To Build Colleges In All Counties
By: Jimmey C. Fahngon
(Monrovia-Liberia-August 17, 08)- In furtherance of government’s continuous support to Liberia’s educational system, President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf says government would construct colleges in all of the 15 counties. The goal, she said, is to help move Liberia to the stage where students in rural Liberia do not have to come to Monrovia in pursuit of higher education. The Liberian leader spoke last Friday when she held her second county council meeting with residents of greater Monrovia in Barnesville, near Monrovia. She disclosed that the construction of colleges would begin in Grand Bassa County and be extended to other counties.
Full Story
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Kpelleboy wrote:
Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties News_420 Liberian Government To Build Colleges In All Counties
By: Jimmey C. Fahngon
(Monrovia-Liberia-August 17, 08)- In furtherance of government’s continuous support to Liberia’s educational system, President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf says government would construct colleges in all of the 15 counties. The goal, she said, is to help move Liberia to the stage where students in rural Liberia do not have to come to Monrovia in pursuit of higher education. The Liberian leader spoke last Friday when she held her second county council meeting with residents of greater Monrovia in Barnesville, near Monrovia. She disclosed that the construction of colleges would begin in Grand Bassa County and be extended to other counties.
Full Story

How bout starting with building the regular school in those rural areas first. How the heck will they get to a college level scratch ...when they are not equipped with the basic now.

Yeah it's a nice idea, but one step at a time smile_approve
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
singbe67

singbe67

Male
Number of posts : 201
Say Whatever : Life is a State of Mind
My Mood : Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:46 pm

Far too ambitious man! Why not regular primary, secondary and then collegiate in the counties? That's a mighty jump Madam President.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:57 pm

I think it is a positive step by Ma Ellen to decentralize University Education in Liberia in 10 years..........If she begin to implement this program then i think there is guarantee for her second term. People will have to see something on the ground first to believe it not only on paper...
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:57 pm

singbe67 wrote:
Far too ambitious man! Why not regular primary, secondary and then collegiate in the counties? That's a mighty jump Madam President.

Singbe, i need to see yor smile that i knew when we were at the U. Anyway nice photo.....
Back to top Go down
singbe67

singbe67

Male
Number of posts : 201
Say Whatever : Life is a State of Mind
My Mood : Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:18 am

Well, Thanks. Will try to get a better pic. Someone actually told me the pic was like I was afraid of something.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:33 am

singbe67 wrote:
Well, Thanks. Will try to get a better pic. Someone actually told me the pic was like I was afraid of something.

th_ROFLMAO it looking like your passport photo
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Philomath

Philomath

Male
Number of posts : 306
Say Whatever : Hard work plus intelligent minus foolishness is equal to success.
My Mood : Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm

I think this is a great step the government is taking. There are primary, secondary and high schools in all of the counties and its rural areas but there is no university. Monrovia is fill with lot of people from up country who are eager to obtain higher education and it need to be decentralized. what the government want to do is something lot of people had been praying for because it will help to decrease the rate of illiteracy. I have an uncle who is teaching in a little town around the Belleh forest in Lofa County, According to him, he usually set aside a Friday for his students to go hunting and farming to purchase their copy books and other school related materials. They usually end their educational goal at a high school level and start a family life with PLENTY kids. I think with the aid of an university being situated in their midst, their life style will gradually change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/handsomemetzger
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties   Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties Empty

Back to top Go down

Liberian Government to build colleges in 15 Counties
Page 1 of 1