Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SirDurendal

Male
Number of posts : 6
My Mood : School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube Mellow
Registration date : 2008-07-17

School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube Empty
PostSubject: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPVo-QuZA1o
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 am

Very informative Video. It makes my heart burn to want to do something. I pray for President Sirleaf for her initiative to drastically elevate the status and living condition of Liberian women is a massive undertaking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Philomath

Philomath

Male
Number of posts : 306
Say Whatever : Hard work plus intelligent minus foolishness is equal to success.
My Mood : School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube Happy
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 am

This is so sad, I was deeply touch by the story. Our girls need serious attention and GOL need to find a remedy to this ugly situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/handsomemetzger
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 am

It seems as if that video was done in 2006. I would love to see an update onwhat if any progress has been made on this front.
Back to top Go down
SirDurendal

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:14 am

Will try to get the rest of the video and ask the person whose thesis this was if she plans to do a follow up.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:15 am

Nica wrote:
It seems as if that video was done in 2006. I would love to see an update onwhat if any progress has been made on this front.

me too
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:21 am

SirDurendal wrote:
Will try to get the rest of the video and ask the person whose thesis this was if she plans to do a follow up.

That would be cool. I really feel the government MUST do something. I think President Sirleaf has made some PR efforts abroad including her appearance on Oprah where she spoke on the problems and her initiatives regarding Liberian women.

I just think it will take a greater private and grassroots effort to really make a dent in this thing than the government can provide right now.
We should EXPECT and hold the government accountable for making efforts. But as we wait on them more and more young gehs are becoming grown women quick, quick.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 am

Damn, this is really sad but I'm glad thre is alot more attention being paid to the issue. One of the saddest memories of my 2006 visit home with my family was the level of open prostitution I saw and the YOUTHFULNESS of the sex workers.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:11 am

why are people still coming to the city if there is no work?

Is this just for food and shelter or for material things?

Wouldn't it make more sense, that if no one has money to try and grow food out in the rural areas?
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:32 am

If the basic necessities of clean running water and electricity are barely available in Monrovia...imagine the hinterland at this point. Everbody is pack up there because the war ravaged the rual areas beyond recognition.

I grew up in Bong County on Methodist Mission. Back then it was lush and sweet and productive. Everything you wanted grew there in abundance. I remember the groves of mango trees and guava and organges. Rice farm from small to big big were everywhere. We barely had toleave the mission sef for chicken, fish from the ponds everything

But to see the place na you jes want cry. I can imagine it is similar from Ganta back up to Cape Palmas. The damage still fresh in some of those places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube   School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube Empty

Back to top Go down

School Girls, Lane Girls Video on YouTube
Page 1 of 1