Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL

Go down 
+3
LovinLiberia
candygirl
Geyla Queen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:20 pm

My New do i am testing out... they use your natural virgin hair and wrap it with a comb and setting gel.... it looks nice on others.. real dread like, but i think my hair too thin for now to do it.. will try it again in a few months... Sad

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 100_2011

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 100_2010
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 am

myself staying away from the perm now. front middle of back my hair is now few inches below my shoulder and getting thin... though i'm afraid its break more as the natural hair starts growing more and i dont touch up...
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Female
Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:46 am

candygirl wrote:
My New do i am testing out... they use your natural virgin hair and wrap it with a comb and setting gel.... it looks nice on others.. real dread like, but i think my hair too thin for now to do it.. will try it again in a few months... Sad

very cute.... I used to wear my hair like that when it was much shorter, maybe one quarter of yours... but the guy didn't twist it all the way to the end. He would twist half and pull the rest through the comb... Kinda hard to explain... it always came out so nice and springy....The ends would curl up and it came out soft and bouncy.....When it dried, he rubbed a lil bit of oil thru it and scrunched it up a bit to loosen the curls.....

I was the queen of double stranded twist when my hair was ur length.... Wore it twisted for one week then unravelled it for another......Sometimes I used to look like a hot mess! lol!

Geyla, you better dont cut that hair... It looks really good.... Almost cut mine last year due to boredom... Been wearing locks for 6 yrs....Thinking about going right above my shoulder...... Never belongs to God, but I don't think I could ever go back to that crack (love the term, LIL)... Been natural and loving it since 1997....
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:14 pm

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Fro
I love this picture of me (even though it's a wig th_shhh )....I really want to color my hair...but I'm scared to..since the dye it's still a chemical and all. I heard it'll dry out your hair and break it off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
mahyou

mahyou

Female
Number of posts : 89
My Mood : HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 InLove
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:19 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Fro
I love this picture of me (even though it's a wig th_shhh )....I really want to color my hair...but I'm scared to..since the dye it's still a chemical and all. I heard it'll dry out your hair and break it off.

Wow, this is a very lovely pic of you G....
On the issue of coloring the hair...i reckon it's how well you treat the hair after coloring that influences the outcome. As for me, whether i color or not, i've made it a habit of deep conditioning my hair every week so i haven't really had the problem of dry nor split ends besides the normal split ends that everyone encounters which requires the compulsory trimming as part of a normal hair routine.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 am

candygirl wrote:

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 100_2011

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 100_2010

I like dey new do oh....I wonder if my thick bush will be able to do this scratch .
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Jocelyn wrote:

I was the queen of double stranded twist when my hair was ur length.... Wore it twisted for one week then unravelled it for another......Sometimes I used to look like a hot mess! lol!

Geyla, you better dont cut that hair... It looks really good.... Almost cut mine last year due to boredom... Been wearing locks for 6 yrs....Thinking about going right above my shoulder...... Never belongs to God, but I don't think I could ever go back to that crack (love the term, LIL)... Been natural and loving it since 1997....

Da dey time it can look good to me...with natural hair..the nappier...the messier it looks the better th_yes-1 th_mrgreen

I will cut...but not as low as I was planning to do...it will happen this week end th_mrgreen...wow didn't know you had locks....I want see th_rightnow
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 pm

duh.. !! the woman mentioned that here months ago.. Rolling Eyes i think.. or was it in PM to me?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:04 pm

candygirl wrote:
duh.. !! the woman mentioned that here months ago.. Rolling Eyes i think.. or was it in PM to me?? scratch

Get it right before you start giving people free cheek this morning Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 pm

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Image023 HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Image022

Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:01 pm

it not clear good good mehn.. please post one other one where the locks showing good good....please....
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 pm

quick question: can you condition your hair if/while its braided???
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:03 pm

here my own here o. went natural to get a more chic, sophisticated look. as it grew, it became a poitical statement. i wanna be like dis and it is a choice-long story that i am not telling. hair grew very long-2004-2006, then i decided to lock it. went to the girl and she claimed that it was too long so i went back home and cut it, with the help of my brother in law. went back to the shop and the lady started doing the senegalese twists-i almost killed her. found out,she did not know what to do. went to another shop and got it locked-june 2006. been rocking it since then. no turning back smile_approve
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:07 pm

i think so candy.
HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Image025
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:08 pm

political statement eh???
you making me want to lock my ahir oh Krazzy.. but mine too thin.. i am afraid it will come out looking like wet rat...

not thick and cute like yours Sad
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 pm

i LOVEthose lil silver things you got in your hair...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Jocelyn wrote:
candygirl wrote:

very cute.... I used to wear my hair like that when it was much shorter, maybe one quarter of yours... but the guy didn't twist it all the way to the end. He would twist half and pull the rest through the comb... Kinda hard to explain... it always came out so nice and springy....The ends would curl up and it came out soft and bouncy.....When it dried, he rubbed a lil bit of oil thru it and scrunched it up a bit to loosen the curls.....

what you describe sounds nice.. i wonder if i explain it to the lady she will be able to do it for me...??? scratch
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:19 pm

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Image028HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Image029
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:27 pm

my mother and her locks

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Mymother
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 pm

beautiful! i like it when u style them curly like that. smile_approve
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 pm

candygirl wrote:
political statement eh???
you making me want to lock my ahir oh Krazzy.. but mine too thin.. i am afraid it will come out looking like wet rat...

not thick and cute like yours Sad

th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:01 pm

Pictures of some hairstyles-braids

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Lacepo10

Last edited by candygirl on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:02 pm

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Kinky311
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Cornwe12
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Look at these nice natural styles....

Krazzy, nice, eh???

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Gold10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL   HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HAIR STYLES--BRAIDS AND NATURAL
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next