Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Empty
PostSubject: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 pm

I always get asked what I use on my hair and I'm usually on the look out for new stuff to try. Tell us what you use on your hair, from shampoos, conditioners, setting lotion, hair grease and styling products that you sware by.

Tell us what worked, what didn't and what products to stay away from smile_approve
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:20 pm

I love my natural hair and here are some of the products that I use:

* Stay-So-Fro spray: great for detangling and added moisture.

* Elasta QP Mango butter: it smells so good and gives your hair lots or moisture. I use it everyday.

* African Royale Hot Six Oil: I don't use grease on my hair. Only oil my scale and this product is nice.

* I also like the Organic Root Stimulator products: I usually buy their Lock & Twist Gel and Olive Oil Sheen Spray.

* DOO GRO Triple Strength Anti-Breakage Growth Detangler…a detangler is a MUST for me with this bush of hair I got.HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Icon_smile_big

When I'm wearing my hair in a natural style I only shampoo every 2-3 weeks with (DOO GRO Tingling Growth Shampoo) all the other times if I need to wash it….I do what is called a conditioner wash (I use Suave Naturals or Vo5 conditioners). They are cheap and gets the job done…plus they have lots of great smells to pick from. My hair is long and thick so I'm not a fan of washing my hair all the time. I'm also not a fan of leave in conditioner..unless I'm going swiming and my hair will be in water a lot, that's the only time I really use it.

I rock my afro puff and the 2 Strand Twists all the time.

I usually use Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding for twists. I also like their Curly Buttercreme for everyday use. The shit's expensive but worth the price to me. Here is their website, she also have lots of hair pictures as well http://missjessies.com/whoismissjessie.html
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:47 am

HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Products-1
I spent $50 yesterday on hair products....I'm trying out these for now
smile_approve

That conditioner smells great and left my hair very soft. I'm going to twist my hair with the Olive oil in a few
HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Ol2
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:37 am

My new fav product $6.99 : Grade-A

HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Frizz2
Back to top Go down
diamondprincess

diamondprincess

Female
Number of posts : 69
Say Whatever : Don't come at me like you lost you lost your damn mind or I'm going to give you the business.
My Mood : HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Cheerful
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:56 am

I use the entire garnier line for my hair... I can use just about anything on my hair without any problems. Stay away from the luster pink oil line...that is if you hate greasy funky smelling hair products.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 pm

diamondprincess wrote:
I use the entire garnier line for my hair... I can use just about anything on my hair without any problems. Stay away from the luster pink oil line...that is if you hate greasy funky smelling hair products.

I remember i use to use that pink lotion smile_approve talk about a dust magnet
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

lol..i used to love the pink oil too
might try the olive oil thingie soon cuz my hair is really just breaking
also, any recommendations on what to use for jasmine's hair?? she got really soft hair...
Back to top Go down
diamondprincess

diamondprincess

Female
Say Whatever : Don't come at me like you lost you lost your damn mind or I'm going to give you the business.

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 am

You feel me on that pink oil don't you lol. I can't stand the smell and feel of it. I've been hearing a lot about the olive oil products but personally haven't used that line. For breakage, have you tried deep conditioning your hair with extra virgin olive oil?
BRB
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:29 am

the extra virgin oil will help??
you mena any type?? like the one used to cook?? if so then i will def look into that.....
Back to top Go down
diamondprincess

diamondprincess

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

Yes it will do you some good, the one use to cook. Or you can even try using coconut oil, pure coconut oil that is. Just apply it to dry hair a couple of hours before washing or leave it on overnight and wash it the following day.
Back to top Go down
diamondprincess

diamondprincess

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:51 am

Mix your shampoo and conditioner with a little virgin olive oil. When you finish shampooing and washing out the deep conditioning oil treatment from hair, apply a leave-in contiioner follow by a tiny amount of olive oil to seal and protect your hair from breakage. Do you apply a lot of heat or chemicals to your hair?
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 am

not really..but you know how it is sometimes..i usually perm my hair every 3 months.....
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 am

thanks a lot on the virgin oil tip..will try it this weekend.....
Back to top Go down
diamondprincess

diamondprincess

Female

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:10 am

You're welcome chick. I really hope it helps with the breakage. I used to have crazy breakage but I have that under control now. Oh and let me know what you think about it when you do try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES   HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES Empty

Back to top Go down

HAIR PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES
Page 1 of 1