Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal

Go down 
+2
Geyla Queen
bellah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Empty
PostSubject: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Monrovia- A witness told commissioners of Liberia’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission that fighters of the National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) forced her uncle to eat boil cassava with cooked human flesh.

Yassah Koweh, 30, said the fighters who were based in the town of Gbondoi, Grand Cape Mount County arrested her uncle (name not mentioned) and ordered him to cook and eat the flesh of a man who was summarily executed.

Under gunpoint, Yassah explained, the fighters watched her uncle as he cooked the cassava and human flesh. She said he was later forced to eat the meal.

She said the commander, only named Raconi and his men used to eat human heart during their occupation of the area. The witness explained that the fighters extracted the hearts of their victims after they were executed and cooked them for meal.

She said on several occasions, the commander and his men offered her and her mother cook human hearts for meal.

“Because food business was hard and they thought we were hungry, Raconi and his boys used to sent my mother some of the cook human heart for us to eat,” she said.

Yassah said when the fighter delivering the meal left their presence, they usually concealed the food and dumped it.

She said because of the cannibalism her uncle was forced to engage in, he now lives in a village in Grand Cape Mount County where he is critically ill now having protruded stomach.

The TRC is an independent body set up to investigate the root causes of the Liberian crisis, document human rights violations, review the history of Liberia, and put all human rights abuses that occurred during the period from 1979 to 2003 on record. The TRC mandate is to also identify victims and perpetrators and make recommendations on amnesty, prosecution and reparation.

The hearings in Robertsport, Grand Cape Mount County which marked the end of the commission’s Public Hearings in the 15 political sub-divisions of Liberia was held under the theme: “Confronting Our Difficult Past, For A Better Future.”
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 pm

OMG...I hate reading these thing...it can just make me angry1 God help them!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:39 pm

How is your heart GQ? One day it wil be sprinkled with peppeh and salt.... th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
singbe67

singbe67

Male
Number of posts : 201
Say Whatever : Life is a State of Mind
My Mood : Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 pm

gadyu wrote:
How is your heart GQ? One day it wil be sprinkled with peppeh and salt.... th_mrgreen

Gadyu,

That is so sad man! please don't make joke of it. Can you Imagine that? Like in primitive times. Oh God, what became of us?
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 pm

My man, those people will pay for their sins. You probably just hearing this so it sounds new. We lived through that and if you think about all that, you may go crazy.

That is my way of getting it out of my system ya Singbe. Hey, Sam Ngaima still running for senator in the next senatorial elections? th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:07 am

Oh that is so sick and I love Cassava leaves too. Now I won't look at it the same.
Back to top Go down
LovinLiberia

LovinLiberia

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 am

heru1976 wrote:
Oh that is so sick and I love Cassava leaves too. Now I won't look at it the same.

You took the words out of my mouth. Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Puke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal   Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal Empty

Back to top Go down

Man Ate Boiled Cassava With Cooked Human Flesh, Witness Explains Ordeal
Page 1 of 1