Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year

Go down 
+2
Geyla Queen
Edina
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Tolerant
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:19 am

• Story Highlights
  • Scientists seeks 150 women to eat chocolate for a year
  • Research will test whether compound in cocoa reduces heart disease risk
  • Belgian chocolatier has created a special bar for the experiment
  • Postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes considered a high risk group

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Scientists in the UK are seeking 150 women to eat chocolate every day for a year in the cause of medical research.
The trial, at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, eastern England, will test whether a natural compound found in cocoa, the main ingredient of chocolate, could cut the risk of heart disease among women with diabetes.
A Belgian confectionist has created the special chocolate bar containing high levels of flavonoids -- a plant compound that has been shown to reduce heart risk factors -- to be used in the experiment. Soy, another natural source of flavonoids, has also been added to the bar.
Participants, who must be postmenopausal women under the age of 70, will have their risk of heart disease tested on five occasions during the year to see whether change occurs.
"The hypothesis of this exciting study is that flavonoids may improve the level of protection against heart disease over and above that provided by conventional drugs," said Dr. Ketan Dhatariya, a consultant in diabetes at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
"If the trial confirms this, it could have a far-reaching impact on the advice we give to postmenopausal women who have type 2 diabetes."
Deaths due to heart disease among women increase rapidly after the menopause. For women who suffer from type 2 diabetes, the risk of heart disease is up to three and a half times higher. Type 2 diabetes is caused when the body fails to produce enough insulin or produces insulin that doesn't work properly and is frequently linked with obesity.
"Despite postmenopausal women being at a similar risk to men for developing cardiovascular disease, to date they are under-represented in clinical trials," said Professor Aedin Cassidy, Professor of Diet and Health at UEA, who is heading the research.
"We hope to show that adding flavonoids to their diets will provide additional protection from heart disease and give women the opportunity to take more control over reducing their risk of heart disease in the future."

Find this article at:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/04/28/chocolate.trial/index.html
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:33 am

count me in Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Candybar <--GQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:34 am

count me out.. No
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:44 am

candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

Shocked you don't like chocolate
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:45 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

i do.. but not to be eating like that ... no....No
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:47 am

candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

da just one chocolate bar a day...it didn't say da all you had to eat. : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female
Number of posts : 344
My Mood : Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Breezy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:48 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

da just one chocolate bar a day...it didn't say da all you had to eat. : smile_tongue

Just one bar(300cal) a day but it takes like 30min running at 5.2 to burn it off!
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberianyouthnetwork.org
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:52 am

Mrs.JAY wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

Just one bar(300cal) a day but it takes like 30min running at 5.2 to burn it off!

Mrs.Jay it's for research na smile_approve th_mrgreen

but you right, I'll be looking like and wondering ----> Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Weighing<---Shocked CHAY, but how I manage to gain weight like dis so th_mrgreen ...behole behole
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:53 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

Mrs.Jay it's for research na smile_approve th_mrgreen

but you right, I'll be looking like and wondering ----> Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Weighing<---:shock:CHAY, but how I manage to gain weight like dis so th_mrgreen ...behole behole

So what, bah! Too much work!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:55 am

Mrs.JAY wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

ah.. talk ya ma.. here me here after one year still fighting off rj fat. : smile_sad
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:58 am

candygirl wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

ah.. talk ya ma.. here me here after one year still fighting off rj fat. : smile_sad

hahahah-hit the gym, Mama! I started doing crunches in the hospital bed-lol! I was soooooooooooooo afraid of that "Kangaroo pouch." It took me like 6mos to come back to myself! I've always enjoyed working out but after the Baby it was a little harder dropping the weight!
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:02 am

Mrs.JAY wrote:
hahahah-hit the gym, Mama! I started doing crunches in the hospital bed-lol! I was soooooooooooooo afraid of that "Kangaroo pouch." It took me like 6mos to come back to myself! I've always enjoyed working out but after the Baby it was a little harder dropping the weight!

chay th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:05 am

Mrs.JAY wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

You enjoy wroking out I need your motivation.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:06 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:

chay th_ROFLMAO

Seriously! People told me when I deliver to "tie my stomach" but I was not about to do that!
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:10 am

I think we should encourage the research. Research will help us solve the medical issues of our time. I hope they can ask man to eat chocolate per day within a year. In that way i will be the first o put up my hand ohhh...
Back to top Go down
Mrs.JAY

Mrs.JAY

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:10 am

heru1976 wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
count me out.. No

You enjoy wroking out I need your motivation.

Girl, just think about how good/sexy you will look after you reach your desired goal! You like Music? I LOVE music--that's helps as well. Gotta have my MP3 when I'm working out. Mainly Hip Hop during Cardio(Biggie or Jay)--I like smooth jazz, soft rock,R&B, or Gospel)when doing free weights and strength training.
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:11 am

bellah wrote:
I think we should encourage the research. Research will help us solve the medical issues of our time. I hope they can ask man to eat chocolate per day within a year. In that way i will be the first o put up my hand ohhh...

Laughing Oh really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year   Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1