Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... Empty
PostSubject: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Rise in ritual killings in Gabon

Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... _44594366_gabon_226x170

There has been a sharp increase in ritual killings in Gabon ahead of local elections on 27 April, say campaigners.
The Association to Fight Ritual Crimes says there have been 12 deaths during campaigning - far more than usual.
The bodies of young children have been found with various body parts missing and gruesome discoveries have been made on Gabon's beaches, the group says.
It is believed some politicians order the killings in the hope that they will secure political power.
The BBC's Clare Spencer in Libreville says fear of reprisals from politicians is the reason why no one has yet been prosecuted for such crimes.

Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... OBoyoh business in Gabon too oh... Start_quote_rb The politicians drink the blood of their victims Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... End_quote_rb

Parfait Edou Engouang

But the mayoral candidate, Andre Dieudonne Berre, denies the practice is widespread.
"We must be careful about these accusations," he says, "because people get very emotional."
"Maybe there are a few isolated cases, but it is not true to say that it is a general practice."
ALCR founder Jean-Elvis Ebang Ondo started the organisation after the bodies of his own son and a friend were found on the beach near the capital, Libreville, three years ago.
"These politicians drink the blood and eat the bodies of their victims," says Parfait Edou Engouang from the association.
"They do this as a ritual to keep themselves in power," he said.
The ALCR says it wants the international community to try to put more pressure on the government to find the killers.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:54 pm

"These politicians drink the blood and eat the bodies of their victims," says Parfait Edou Engouang from the association.
"They do this as a ritual to keep themselves in power," he said.
The ALCR says it wants the international community to try to put more pressure on the government to find the killers
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:07 am

I think boyo church planters from Liberia resettled in Gabon oh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:16 am

I hope these witch people don't spoil that beautiful country...Let them carry their Gboyooo business somewhere...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 am

you been Gabon before?

Gadyu, you think it oringated from Liberia?
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:30 am

Not only in Liberia
Ritual Killings in other countries

When exposing the atrocities committed by a small number of people it was neither my intention to stigmatize a particular group of people or tribe nor did I want to suggest that ritual murders only happen in Liberia. In fact, I am convinced that they happen in many, if not all, countries in Sub-Saharan Africa – and maybe also in countries on other continents.
In the Republic of South Africa everyone knows what ‘Muti-murders’ are: ritual murders. ‘Muti’ is the Zulu word for ‘medicine’. Also in Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana and Zambia ritual killings occur although it is not known at what scale. In mid-February 1995 the ritualistic killing of a young girl, Segametsi Mogomotsi, in Mochudi, a village near Gaborone, Botswana’s capital, led to the most serious civil disturbances in the country’s history. The 14-your old Segametsi Mogomotsi had been found dead, seriously mutilated and with several parts missing. Also in 1995, the inhabitants in Livingstone, Zambia, rioted and looted Asian shops after police had found a child’s heart and other human organs in an Asia shop. Six children had mysteriously disappeared and the local people accused some Asian shopkeepers of being implicated. And as recent as June 2003, King Mswati III urged Swaziland’s politicians not to engage in ritual killings to boost their chances in the general elections later that year. Reportedly, also in Swaziland the number of ritual murders increases at election time.
Also in 2003, it was reported that MLC rebels in North-east Congo had killed and eaten people – both for ritual purposes and in order to frighten their enemies. A special team of the United Nations, sent down to investigate the accusations, confirmed the rumors.
Below more recent examples of ritual killings are given: from Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Congo
(Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Gabon, Gambia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, and Zambia. I apologize to readers who do not read French since some of the reports are in that language.
Moreover, two reports have been included of alleged cases of ritual killings, which took place in Europe. The first case concerns a young Nigerian boy whose mutilated body was found in the Thames, London, England, in 2001.
The other victim was the daughter of a Malawian Chief Justice whose headless body was discovered in Ireland in 2004. In both cases Nigerians seem to have been involved. It was also reported that in Germany and in Belgium three similar cases had been discovered involving young children.
Medicine men, ordinary people, rebels, army personnel, politicians, even presidents allegedly have been implicated in ritualistic killings. The accusations against former Liberian President Charles Taylor (1997-2003) have already been reported. He is in illustrious company: former Ugandan President Idi Amin (1971-79) and Emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa of the short-lived Central African Empire (1977-79) also were accused of ritualistic practices and cannibalism.
The sad list is long - too long to continue here - and will not be final since this concerns a continuing practice. Readers who are interested may follow the links below to know more about ritual murders in various African countries. It is just a sample and, without any doubt, just the top of the iceberg. Some links relate to concrete, recent cases of ritualistic killings, others refer to unproven rumors. Be that as it may, it is certain that for many people in Africa ritual practices is a reality – a frightening reality.
Regrettably, international opinion does not pay much attention to it – educated Africans being too ashamed to talk about it whereas policy-makers and politicians from western countries prefer to ignore the problem. ‘We did not know about it’. How long can they continue to say this? Do people like UN Secretary General, the Ghanaian Kofi Annan, really not know about it? I very much doubt it.
Ritual killings in:
Africa
Asia
India
Condemning in the most severe words the act of a tribal [priest] sacrificing a nine-year-old child to appease a deity in Jharkhand, the Supreme Court has upheld the death penalty awarded to him and said that in such cases the extreme punishment "should be the rule".
December 1, 2003
Indonesia
3 Indonesian tribesmen get death for ritual killings
Indonesian court has sentenced to death three men from an indigenous tribe on remote Seram island,north of Maluku province, for ritual killings, a local newspaper reported Tuesday.
February 14, 2006
Sri Lanka / UK
A shopkeeper found dead in his store may have been the victim of a ritualistic killing, police said.
Subramaniam Sivakumar, 44, was found laid out on the ground, hands by his side, with a shoelace around his neck and bags of rice placed over his body.
July 19, 2006
South America
Peru
A decapitated baby boy found on a hilltop near Lake Titicaca may have been killed last week in a human sacrifice ritual, police said.
Februari 4, 2004
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:32 am

wow..... affraid
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 am

http://www.liberiapastandpresent.org/NotOnlyInLiberia.htm
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:40 am

damn.. even in europe....
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:54 am

Da ting Everywhere.

Heart Man Business
MHKnuckles

When Heart Man stalks the village
his business is not easy.
Soon night come, he starts to pillage
for the wicked one’s appeasing.

Blood thirsty orders he must fill
for a contract has been made.
Any beating heart will fit the bill
for severing by his grisly blade.

Power and position are the objects of desire
that entice and seductively push
civilized folks to seek science for hire
deep in the bowels of the bush.

The prize that stolen blood can attain
is deceptive and temporal at best.
Unlike Christ’s blood that was without stain;
this sacrifice cannot truly bless.

For the few moments of ill-gotten glory and fame,
full payment shall the wicked one receive.
For upon the contractor’s soul he eternally lays claim
with the clause that by greed went unperceived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 am

candygirl wrote:
you been Gabon before?

During the war in liberia, i had the chance to visit Gabon thru Togo..The people get dictator but he fixed their country fin oooo. When u go to Gabon u think u in little Paris...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am

bellah wrote:
candygirl wrote:
you been Gabon before?

During the war in liberia, i had the chance to visit Gabon thru Togo..The people get dictator but he fixed their country fin oooo. When u go to Gabon u think u in little Paris...
really..? didnt know that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...   Boyoh business in Gabon too oh... Empty

Back to top Go down

Boyoh business in Gabon too oh...
Page 1 of 1