Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nica!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Nica! Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Nica!   Nica! EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Nica wrote:
krazzy wrote:
hmmm... interesting piece. the way u put words together in this one is like thick chunks..one word means ten things...until the end where u feel movement, happy, relieved...i like the religious or is it spiritual undertone...u can write, nica smile_approve

Thanks Krazzy. Undertones spiritual. Religion is so negative to me, I don't like being associated with the word sef. Had an interesting conversation wit my pops today along those lines.

Religion tells me that infidelity in marriage is wrong and I believe that. But my pops says that he feels man was not born to be monogamus. He has to be taught not to sleep around, conditioned not to do so. I kinna agree with him. As Chenua Achebe said, "One woman not for one man".
I think man(kind) basiscally is born to seeking satisfaction for himself. Until he realizes that we are more than physical we are spiritual and there is someone greater than ourselves to satisfy. But even when we chose to satisfy ourselves and not God. He still runs behind us and loves us .

But the way religion responds to the individual who has chosen to satisfy him or herself and not God is to shun them, hate them, exclude them etc. That's not spirituality that's religion. YUCK! No

i was going over some of our posts in the poetry corner.. and came across this....

it took my mind back to a recent reading i came across in the Bible where there is a test given by the priests to determine if a woman is guilty of adultery if not caught in the act.... it goes on to explain how her husband can take her at any time to be tested if he becomes supicious of her.. and if she is guilty, a curse comes upon her.. etc etc.

i read till the end of the chapter, hoping to see somewhere where it would say the same was applicable for the man if the woman was suspicious that he cheated... but nope, nothing..... that mad e me kinda ..confused/annoyed...
had me asking, so men are exempted...???

and reading your post above, just prob confirms it.. that men ARE expected to cheat... society more or less condones it.. accepts it. easily forgives him if he does... but rains down fire and curses on a woman if she does....

the Bible is prejudice on this one th_yes-1 No
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Nica! Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nica!   Nica! EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:06 am

lol. The bible itself is not prejudice, but many of the people in it were. Remember it tells the stories of man (and woman) who still as always, likes to make his onna rules.

I think there are many tilts slanted in favor of men because men were in favor of men. But for many of those slants you can find God's own words admonishing or correcting them and saying, "Da na wha I told you yah."

The old testament is full of such contradictions between man and his interpretation of the law and the true essence of who God is. But the people in the old testament lived under the law, and the New Covenant God gave us freed us from the old or Moasic laws.

Remember En Vogue's song, "Free Your Mind" ? Well God freed us the law but many of us have not freed our minds from it.

That is a very simplified explanation cause it is really deep. The bible really has to be read and understood in its entirety. Its like the saying, "A little education is a dangerous thing." If you leave out one or two ingredients the cake ain gone be sweet. If you don't match up or reconcile all the pieces of the bible, it ain gone make sense.

Unfortunately our teachers and preachers can often have their own agenda and we don't get the proper instructions even worse we get interpretations tainted by their own prejudices and influences.

Romans 10:14 says, "How will they hear without a preacher?"
How will people understand al this stuff without preachers and teachers? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nica!   Nica! EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nica!   Nica! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Nica wrote:
lol. The bible itself is not prejudice, but many of the people in it were. Remember it tells the stories of man (and woman) who still as always, likes to make his onna rules.

I think there are many tilts slanted in favor of men because men were in favor of men. But for many of those slants you can find God's own words admonishing or correcting them and saying, "Da na wha I told you yah."

The old testament is full of such contradictions between man and his interpretation of the law and the true essence of who God is. But the people in the old testament lived under the law, and the New Covenant God gave us freed us from the old or Moasic laws.

Remember En Vogue's song, "Free Your Mind" ? Well God freed us the law but many of us have not freed our minds from it.

That is a very simplified explanation cause it is really deep. The bible really has to be read and understood in its entirety. Its like the saying, "A little education is a dangerous thing." If you leave out one or two ingredients the cake ain gone be sweet. If you don't match up or reconcile all the pieces of the bible, it ain gone make sense.

Unfortunately our teachers and preachers can often have their own agenda and we don't get the proper instructions even worse we get interpretations tainted by their own prejudices and influences.

Romans 10:14 says, "How will they hear without a preacher?"
How will people understand al this stuff without preachers and teachers? scratch

Nica, but how would you explain all of those commandments /laws that were given to Moses by God (?) for the Isrealites...?? why is a woman consider "unclean" and such? i realise some of these laws were for health reason.. but mehn.. some are just so so prejudice..

and they are in quotation marks.. anyway, they say you cant question God....** shrugging***
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nica!   Nica! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:29 pm

bellah wrote:
LOL
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Nica! Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nica!   Nica! EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:09 am

We are not subject to the old Jewish or Mosaic laws because of the New covenant. God gave us the New Covenant because He realized the old would not be sufficient for fulfilling in us all he intended.

Remember that he made the earth and all that was in it and said it was good. But when WE went there and chakla everything he said, Hold up, I coming wipe out this mess and start over...hence THE FLOOD!!!!!!

In Leviticus there were tons of rules and instructions for the Israelites who had been in slavery for hundreds of years and did not have a clue of how to behave as free people. So he was laying every little thing out for them. Because as weee knooow...when you don't explain thing VERY specifically... people can do all kinna stupid things, talkin bout..."But I thought da wha you said."

But He didn't say women were unclean. He said during their cycle they were ceremonially unclean. Just like with a person who touches a dead body...ceremonially means temporary. After a time or some act of atonement the unclean goes away.

So it was okay to be ceremonially unclean as long as you knew it and knew the time frame or the atonement sacrifice that was necessary to be cleansed.

And that is the beauty of the New Covenant and the ultimate sacfice of Jesus. NO more separation from God for ANY reason. No more sacrifices, No more uncleanliness.

In Acts 11:9 God clearly says;

"What God has cleansed you must not call unclean."

Never be afraid to ask questions about God or to God. When you ain know...you ain know. th_idontknow
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Sponsored content

Nica! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nica!   Nica! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nica!
Page 1 of 1