Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba

Go down 
+3
candygirl
Traveller
Kpelleboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba Empty
PostSubject: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba News_img_848
Elfreda Tamba

Sexism Has Reared Its Ugly Head in Liberia
By: Paul Jackson (Letter of the Day)
Just when you think Liberian Senators and Representatives have reached their elastic limit in feeding our diminishing expectations of that very Un-august body...
Full Story
WWW.THELIBERIANJOURNAL.COM (The Liberian Journal)
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks for that newsflash Paul Jackson! Laughing scratch
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:18 am

saw the dress code they were making issues over and couldnt help but suck my teeth....
woman really see trouble
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:35 am

Although..........I must say I think her outfit would NOT have been my first choice for an official conversation before the House of Representatives. Not trying to circumscribe how a woman should dress but frankly, I think her outfit looks more casual than I would have expected for responding to a Congressional summons. I would have also taken the bluetooth out of my ear too. th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:50 am

wetin betta they were going talk dey woma mor go wear 3 piece suit?
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:40 am

Traveller wrote:
Although..........I must say I think her outfit would NOT have been my first choice for an official conversation before the House of Representatives. Not trying to circumscribe how a woman should dress but frankly, I think her outfit looks more casual than I would have expected for responding to a Congressional summons. I would have also taken the bluetooth out of my ear too. th_mrgreen

I know right th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:52 am

on another note.. that blue tooth bluffing da small thing in this country...? shay.... everybody got some kinda iron in their ear these days
LOL
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:46 am

candygirl wrote:
..................dey woma mor go wear 3 piece suit?

Maybe. One would not show up in court under-dressed. I fully realize the subjective nature of what I'm saying but at some point we have to be willing to accept that there are some unwritten standards of professional dress, etc. Her outfit simply looked far too casual to me. I would think that a seasoned professional would know better.

Other than that, she looks perfectly fine to me. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:55 am

she put the blue tooth piece in her ear after they threw her out. Laughing i think this thing does not relate only to elfreda or addressing the leg...if you are entering that building, u must be 'properly dressed'. i have had my arguments with them. i always wear something that they would provoke their silliness. when they ask me to cover up, i put my scarf (which is really a small lapa) around my shoulders. when i enter the building, i remove it. there shd be a law to stop this nonsense...let the female legs work on this! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:37 am

krazzy wrote:
................if you are entering that building, u must be 'properly dressed'...........

Aye mehn! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:51 am

krazzy wrote:
she put the blue tooth piece in her ear after they threw her out. Laughing i think this thing does not relate only to elfreda or addressing the leg...if you are entering that building, u must be 'properly dressed'. i have had my arguments with them. i always wear something that they would provoke their silliness. when they ask me to cover up, i put my scarf (which is really a small lapa) around my shoulders. when i enter the building, i remove it. there shd be a law to stop this nonsense...let the female legs work on this! Laughing

you just like looking for trouble.... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
elpaulay

Male
Number of posts : 49
Say Whatever : So What?
My Mood : Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba Shh
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:28 am

Krazzy-
The people them will jail you oooh.. angry1 ........maybe you need to start preparing your asylum appeal na.......
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba   Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:41 am

If she would have gotten thrown out for tackyness then I'd understand...lol.

But seriously I think it would look good if everyone there wore African attire.
Back to top Go down

Sexism in Liberia: The Case of Elfreda Tamba
Page 1 of 1