Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DED EXTENDED

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : DED EXTENDED Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

DED EXTENDED Empty
PostSubject: DED EXTENDED   DED EXTENDED EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:09 am

DED EXTENDED Dwan DWANYEN SAYS DED EXTENDED FOR 12 MONTHS by Somah Dahn
20-03-2009

The president of the OLM and Chair of the ULAA Immigration Task Force Mr. Kerper Dwanyen says that the order extending DED for another 12 months has been signed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : DED EXTENDED Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

DED EXTENDED Empty
PostSubject: Re: DED EXTENDED   DED EXTENDED EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:09 am

DED EXTENDED 5_1_119vDED EXTENDED 5_1_119v
DED EXTENDED 5_1_119v
Hallelujah

I hope folks use the 12 months to take care of their business
and
get behind the government to commit an Act of Fairness
and grant Liberians permanent status.

I will sleep good tonight. th_yes-1

Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

DED EXTENDED Empty
PostSubject: Re: DED EXTENDED   DED EXTENDED EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:40 pm

The law does not permit folks on DED to adjust their status. The ONLY thing folks can do is get married or find an employer willing to sponsor them through an H1-B. Unfortunately, there are not many employers out there willing/able to shell out the cloe to $2k it will cost to file for one individual. Additionally, Bank of America hasbeen told NOT to hire any more H1-B workers and to rescind offers made to anyone in this category. What affected folks need to do is to find a third party employer like a placement agency, that will hire them (file the appropriate H1-B documents) and then place them somewhere. Once those folks are in their new status they canbegin exploring other relief avenues. Still, no matter what happens, a significantn umber of people will be going homke next year. Obama's hands are completely tied as it relates to granting blanket legal permanent residency thanks to George Bush.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

DED EXTENDED Empty
PostSubject: Re: DED EXTENDED   DED EXTENDED EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 am

Great for Liberian and hope they will take care of business yah....God is still with us.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : DED EXTENDED Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

DED EXTENDED Empty
PostSubject: Re: DED EXTENDED   DED EXTENDED EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 am

i'm sorry to not be as positive as must of u guys might be when it comes to our Liberian brothas and sistas in these situation. i'm not in the DED status but we seem to worry more for them then majority of them do for themselves.

Scenario "i called a liberian i know falls within this predicament to inform them about the H1-b and proposed act so they could try and put some effort in trying to get status change. the sermon i got was more than the longest speech i have heard in church" to summaries, no worries cuz life goes on, if i am deported today, i wont die but i'm sure it will be extended cuz Obama wont let us down. i thought what a lackadaisical attitude. ok what if it isn't renew and u do find yourself back in Liberia, are they even considering that possibilities, seeking alternative plan of action of family members that might be separated? the answer is no for majority. This kind of behavior makes some American negative reaction to the bill understandable. its unfortunate that a few responsibile and hardworking folks here have to face this fate when thousands more are jeopardizing their hard efforts with more foolish behaviors.
I guess we'll see the outcome 12 months from now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DED EXTENDED Empty
PostSubject: Re: DED EXTENDED   DED EXTENDED Empty

Back to top Go down

DED EXTENDED
Page 1 of 1