Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al Empty
PostSubject: PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al   PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Atlanta, GA 03/12/09: ThePeople to People Campaign for Peace and Democracy in Liberia (PPCPDL)
strongly condemn the recent arrest of peaceful Liberians by officers of the Liberian National Police as a result of a peaceful demonstration launch during the International Women's Colloquium in Monrovia.

The Campaign further learned that the head of the Forum for the Establishment of War Crimes Court in Liberia Mr. Mulbah Morlu requested a permit from Justice Ministry officials and was denied for no tangible
reason thereby leaving them with no alternative but to exercise their constitutional right to demonstrate peacefully.

As the world celebrates the fundamental right of women, it is very much disturbing that the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf led government which took an oath to protect the right of its citizens will at the same time
recklessly imprisoned peaceful Liberians because they decided to exercise their fundamental human right.

The Campaign is calling on the Union of Liberian Association in the America (ULAA) thru its newly elected President Anthony V. Kesselly, Human Rights Organizations, the United States Government, Political Parties in Liberia to help pressurize the government of Liberia to immediately release these peaceful Liberians from prison so that they
can rejoin their respective families and go about their normal lives. PPCPDL continues to observe STRANGE THINGS HAPPENNING IN LIBERIA.

In the Cause of the People, The Struggle Continues!

Signed __________________________________
Isaac T. Settro, Jr.
CEO and Founder

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al   PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:22 pm

i have no problem with peaceful demonstration but why our folks will only wait till you have international events to do their protest. if your reason is valid enough do it anyway. it becomes a tricky situation when you have numerous heads of state visiting for such a huge event (already skeptical because of the war etc history of Liberia) then people are seen protesting on the street.

i agree they should be release but let start considering other factors when they choose to protest. i know for sure and have been in some group that will say "oh they're having this international event so if we demonstrate then, the world will hear our side of the story". They may just be doing more harm then good then. In this case, the Women colloquium was not the place to conduct their protest. They should be release though.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al   PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:13 pm

If you want to protest, get a permit from the government, government then sends the police or paramilitary to protect your right to demonstrate.

If they don't do that, and an impromptu demonsration gets out of hand and unscrupulous people use the event to loot and kill, what says ye then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al   PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:51 pm

gadyu wrote:
If you want to protest, get a permit from the government, government then sends the police or paramilitary to protect your right to demonstrate.

If they don't do that, and an impromptu demonsration gets out of hand and unscrupulous people use the event to loot and kill, what says ye then?

Gadyu, i guess u know the history of Justice Ministry officials refusing to issue permit to Liberians in order to exercise their constitution right. We ( The Progressive Alliance of Liberia) encounter similar situation like this which led to the April 14, 1979 Rice Riot..So i understand Morlu and the rest situation.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al   PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 pm

LadyFlo wrote:
i have no problem with peaceful demonstration but why our folks will only wait till you have international events to do their protest. if your reason is valid enough do it anyway. it becomes a tricky situation when you have numerous heads of state visiting for such a huge event (already skeptical because of the war etc history of Liberia) then people are seen protesting on the street.

i agree they should be release but let start considering other factors when they choose to protest. i know for sure and have been in some group that will say "oh they're having this international event so if we demonstrate then, the world will hear our side of the story". They may just be doing more harm then good then. In this case, the Women colloquium was not the place to conduct their protest. They should be release though.

It doesn't matter where you demonstrate. The exercise of ones
fundamental human right to demonstrate is basic and has nothing to do
with class and whatever kind of event. People in America demonstrate at
the RNC and Democratic Convention. There are demonsration at the G-8
summit and other international events.

It is in Liberia where Justice Ministry Officials and the courts use
the issuance of permit to deny Liberians of the basic constitutional
right. Gone are the days and in the cause of the people the struggle
continue...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al   PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al Empty

Back to top Go down

PPCPD Calls for the Immediate Release of Morlu et al
Page 1 of 1