Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...

Go down 
+4
DSP
Josie
Geyla Queen
bellah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Empty
PostSubject: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:36 am

Just recently at the African Union Summit in Ethiopia, Libyan Leader Colonel Kaddafi and other leaders brought back to the podium the idea of forming the United States of Africa. This idea was first propounded by the likes of Nkrumah, Lumumba, Tubman, Sekou Toure et al, during the era of the Organization of African Unity (OAU).

I want to congratulate the Libyan leader for his ascendancy to the leadership of the African Union and his bold vision of re-articulating the dream of having a United States of Africa. This dream is overdue and it is time that we work with the Libyan leader and other well meaning Africans to see this dream come true. Here are few points i will like to state here as a way forward:

- that membership into the Union be voluntary;
- that the capital city of the union be Johanesburg, South Africa if they decide to be a member;
- that the governance structure of the Union be based on sound democratic principle within the
framework of the federal system;
- that the model of the United State of America be a stepping stone in the right direction;
- that a serious publicity be launched globally to encourage African governments and Africans to accept this idea;
- that debates be held around the continent and the diaspora for detail resolution in achieving this monumental dream.

Such union will unite Africa and bring economic growth to the dark continent of the world. It will also enhance democratic values throughout the continent. It is time that we debate this concept and at the end come up with the best proposal to push our continent forward.

I hope the Libyan leader will try to form a coalition of Africans ( be it poor, middle class or rich ) in achieving this goal. The world is looking and it is time for a change for a better tomorrow on the dark continent of Africa.

Isettro
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:55 am

you got too much time on your hands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Sounds good but implementation Question
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 10:58 pm

great idea

but there should be NO president or prime minister

only a parlaiment

black Africa should be extra careful though

u know what I mean
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female
Number of posts : 129
My Mood : What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Innocent
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 pm

..Sounds good, you can be right here in Liberia and consider it residing in the USA!th_cool All the other presidents will be reduced to the title "governors".
Hope it comes to pass soon!
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:04 am

well Kwame Nkrumah, President Tubman and a lot of others thought bout this idea before. its a great one but like Josie said, i question the implementation. many of our leaders today love their power too much to give it up so we can keep dreaming bout it.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:07 am

flo, what's up? hope u holding up o!
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 am

i'm holding up a lil better now but school work want kill me... but i aint gonna let it.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:57 am

LadyFlo wrote:
i'm holding up a lil better now but school work want kill me... but i aint gonna let it.

school is a waste of time, you should quit

just kidding

what are you studying?
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 am

business th_fluester
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
My Mood : What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Sunshine

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:16 am

gaddafi will be preso and ellen vice. joseph boakai will go back to being town chief. nigeria will be so mad and the rest of the people will have to find their way between liberia and libya th_ROFLMAO

why jo'burg bellah?
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 am

candygirl wrote:
business th_fluester

Its good to see you back to normal th_yes
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:20 am

krazzy wrote:
gaddafi will be preso and ellen vice. joseph boakai will go back to being town chief. nigeria will be so mad and the rest of the people will have to find their way between liberia and libya th_ROFLMAO

why jo'burg bellah?

Because is one of the most beautiful city in the world and it understand adversity and truimp. It would be a progressive capital of Africa KR... th_hi
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

hmmm...da one hard to take. let them jes take monrovia th_hi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...   What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought... Empty

Back to top Go down

What u think about the United States of Africa? Share your thought...
Page 1 of 1