Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Represent your Tribe!

Go down 
+4
krazzy
bellah
jclifden
LibGamGurl
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LibGamGurl

LibGamGurl

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Represent your Tribe! Empty
PostSubject: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 4:02 am

Liberia has a quite different cultural scenario than our Anglo neighbors like Ghana and Nigeria, who really do not intermarry. We do, and that's what makes us unique and beautiful on top of being colonized by former black slaves from the US and Carribean. So I ask the question what is your tribal/ethnic background?

I'll start, I'm half Fula
1/4 Bassa
1/8 Kpelle
1/8 Gola
th_cool
Back to top Go down
jclifden

Male
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:36 pm

LibGamGurl wrote:
Liberia has a quite different cultural scenario than our Anglo neighbors like Ghana and Nigeria, who really do not intermarry. We do, and that's what makes us unique and beautiful on top of being colonized by former black slaves from the US and Carribean. So I ask the question what is your tribal/ethnic background?

1/4 Bassa
1/8 Kpelle
1/8 Gola
th_cool

Please help me figure out how u able to come up wit these fractions here....I think when u add up all those fractions together they equal 100% busay....so u r a Busay girl.......
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 11:02 pm

LibGamGurl wrote:

1/4 Bassa
1/8 Kpelle
1/8 Gola
th_cool

To set the record straight, we were never Colonized by western or easter powers. However the ACS negotiated with natives in 1822 to resettle free slaves from America. The Grain Coast were already inhabited before the advent of the ACS and the free slaves.

With respect to my tribal background, i am half Kru and half Bassa. History tells me that my paternal great grand father migrated from the Sudan as a result of the fall of Sudanese Empire and that my maternal great grand father was a free slave who settle along the Bassa Cove.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Represent your Tribe! Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:00 am

i see why u frisky..da dey bassa blood smile_tongue bellah..we were colonized by an NGO-ACS. their supporters-the USG. all that talk about not being colonized... Laughing
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Represent your Tribe! Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 am

just cuz were weren't branded colonized doesn't mean the practice still didn't go on there...
for me... 1/2 kru, 1/3 Via and the a lil bit of some kinda tribe we nah give name yet.. but i call it LADYFLONESS.. lol.. hahahahah
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:10 am

krazzy wrote:
i see why u frisky..da dey bassa blood smile_tongue bellah..we were colonized by an NGO-ACS. their supporters-the USG. all that talk about not being colonized... Laughing

So Bassa pepo got fetiyah enn? Explain it oh KR. The progressive blood of the Kru and Bassa pepos is in me oh. The American were afraid to colonize us so they work with the natives to resettle our lost brothers and sisters..................
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:11 am

LadyFlo wrote:
just cuz were weren't branded colonized doesn't mean the practice still didn't go on there...
for me... 1/2 kru, 1/3 Via and the a lil bit of some kinda tribe we nah give name yet.. but i call it LADYFLONESS.. lol.. hahahahah

you left out the gola portion Laughing smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:16 am

candygirl wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

you left out the gola portion Laughing smile_tongue

oh yeah i think i got a lil bit of that thru the blood transfusion... i nah sure if some left though cuz i did some donation recently... Wink
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:23 am

fetiya da for dey kru blood
tabata da for dey grebo
dehdo da for dey bassa

th_ROFLMAO

bellah wrote:
krazzy wrote:

So Bassa pepo got fetiyah enn? Explain it oh KR. The progressive blood of the Kru and Bassa pepos is in me oh. The American were afraid to colonize us so they work with the natives to resettle our lost brothers and sisters..................
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:24 am

LadyFlo wrote:

We have 16 tribes in Liberia. So which tribe u are talking about na my sister?
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 am

bellah wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

it nah among dat 16 B that y i give it my own name cuz it only apply to me.. ystar
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:28 am

gud flo; define yrsef! me i think i black chinese Shocked th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:38 am

krazzy wrote:

scratch i actually think there might be some of those.. oh apart from u now.. hehe which part of china ur from... th_Jamacia
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 am

bellah wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

I thought we had 29

I met one guy one time... he told me his tribe name was

sekleh sekleh

everytime I saw the guy I kept thinking sickly sickly
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 am

DSP wrote:
bellah wrote:
LadyFlo wrote:

I thought we had 29

I met one guy one time... he told me his tribe name was

sekleh sekleh

everytime I saw the guy I kept thinking sickly sickly

U pa u jes wan play with our tribe thing oh. where 29 coming from na...
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:52 am

krazzy wrote:

Heeeeeeeeee..looking this kpelle girl calling herself chinese oh... It look like those Chinese pepo in Bong County finis adopting your town ennnnnnnnnnnnn KR.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 am

right at the foot of the great wall. smile_tongue

LadyFlo wrote:
krazzy wrote:

scratch i actually think there might be some of those.. oh apart from u now.. hehe which part of china ur from... th_Jamacia
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:06 am

ehn.. i knew my eyess was not deceiving me.. when i was there..

krazzy wrote:
right at the foot of the great wall. smile_tongue

LadyFlo wrote:
krazzy wrote:

Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Represent your Tribe! Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 am

Liberia, collected some Belize, came back and collected some Gio and then went to Bassa got some neegee and then to Maryland and got some Tabadoo. See me today, adept at climbing coconut tree, strong warrior, bearer of many children, breadwinner, owner of the heads of many enemies, ready to do battle at any time...

Das me...Gadyu, Corcorbeeyor.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:14 am

gadyu wrote:
Liberia, collected some Belize, came back and collected some Gio and then went to Bassa got some neegee and then to Maryland and got some Tabadoo. See me today, adept at climbing coconut tree, strong warrior, bearer of many children, breadwinner, owner of the heads of many enemies, ready to do battle at any time...

Das me...Gadyu, Corcorbeeyor.. lol!

I heard about Belize- a french colony and will love to spend a vacation there oh.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:47 am

kpelle is de same as chinese smile_approve
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 am

krazzy wrote:
kpelle is de same as chinese smile_approve

the way dey plenti self in LIB... heard they na even start sellin cold water onthe street too
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:30 am

dey working hard jes lek us. lol

on a serious note, can u imagine while public works acting kwee, dey chinese people overseeing drainage construction in monrovia? i was embarassed!
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:33 am

yeh its a shame... i said lets give all the damn road projects to them to complete cuz public works aint doing a jim thin with the roads etc... what do they even do all day...cuz we sure aint seeing results..
Back to top Go down
LibGamGurl

LibGamGurl

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:57 am

I see why Oprah got such a flat face!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Represent your Tribe!   Represent your Tribe! Empty

Back to top Go down

Represent your Tribe!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next